League of Legends Thread

My first attempt at playing Shyvana top:

Shyvana top.PNG

Anything I should change here? (Note: I bought Frozen Mallet while I was dead, but I never got to use it)

Riot has announced that as of July 23 2014 they will no longer be accepting skin codes. They are doing this to combat scamming. If you have any unclaimed skin codes you will need to send Riot Customer Support proof of ownership before July 23 if you wish to redeem it.

In my opinion instead of fm and thorns, buy a randuins and a hydra/lw.

View attachment 143663

Anything I should change here? (Note: I bought Frozen Mallet while I was dead, but I never got to use it)

Nooooo don't buy any other damage items on shyvana except for the Botrk

almost all lane matchups should be difficult pre level 9, after that you should be able to duel and become a huge annoying wall that the enemy teams backline has to deal with

Also most people like to max E first, it has large burst in dragon form and gives you a ranged poke / harass in lane ~ i see alot of new shyvanas not doing this and maxing w

Nooooo don't buy any other damage items on shyvana except for the Botrk

How can you possibly say this? Each game is unique and has different team compositions. There are most certainly times when I buy a second damage item on shyv, which will usually be hydra right after botrk. This is usually only when I am absolutely trashing my lane and am confident I can snowball through mid game, but there are other times where the team comp simply needs more damage.

almost all lane matchups should be difficult pre level 9, after that you should be able to duel and become a huge annoying wall that the enemy teams backline has to deal with

I will once again disagree. Most lane match ups should be easy early on. Shyv can out-trade so many top lanes early on by abusing W and AAs. The only champions that give me any kind of trouble are renekton (who you out scale around mid game), pantheon (also very close lane, skill can win it), and olaf (nobody plays him).

Also most people like to max E first, it has large burst in dragon form and gives you a ranged poke / harass in lane ~ i see alot of new shyvanas not doing this and maxing w

I main shyv and max W first in 80% of games. If not W first, then E for dealing with lanes where I will be farming under the tower. When W is maxed first, Q and E are usually split, not favoring one or the other.

View attachment 143663

Frozen Mallet is a bad last item on Shyvana, because if you're going Shyvana you have to benefit your team and buy items which help get multiple enemy frontliners off your team. I would say you should have built Randuins Omen instead of Sunfire Cape because there are two auto attack champions (Yi, Fiora) whos Randuins passives directly help with. FM also has no defensive stats except HP so it doesn't add to your tankiness as effectively as other items.

Frozen Mallet is a bad last item on Shyvana, because if you're going Shyvana you have to benefit your team and buy items which help get multiple enemy frontliners off your team. I would say you should have built Randuins Omen instead of Sunfire Cape because there are two auto attack champions (Yi, Fiora) whos Randuins passives directly help with. FM also has no defensive stats except HP so it doesn't add to your tankiness as effectively as other items.

Again, situational. If your team is in the lead, anything you can do to stick to the back line (especially adc) will shut them down completely. FM does this better than randuins. Either can work, depends on the game. If you have hard enough peel, the attack speed reduction from randuins really will not be doing that much because the arc will be trying to run/kite.

How do you fight Shyvana as Riven? :eek:

I can deal with Renekton and Garen as Riven ffs, but I can't seem to deal with Shyvana...

Also top lane glass cannon Vi is a fun build, you guys should try it. xD

EDIT: Oh yay, I can't reconnect to a ranked match, that's okay, I love losing lp, I love it alot. Thank you client....

The game totally loves to tip in my favor...

Oh might just get the rare chance to get demoted to Bronze V, yay!

Are life steal Quints still worth having anymore? They got a nerf way back when but I haven't changed my runes still.

Excited to see how well lucian performs with his changes. Gonna be playing a lot of him tonight if someone wants to duo

Back