League of Legends Thread

I am sick and tired of quitters in ranked.

My last game our Miss fortune gave up the minute she died once. How are you supposed to carry with people like this? Magic? -_-

Why do people quit so easily in ranked? Do they try to blame everything on their teammates so their badness doesn't become obvious?
My friend once had a Jinx quit because his support took 3 creep score. He INTENTIONALLY fed the rest of the game.

It was a ranked game

Username: BenTheWizard

Champions Owned: (?)

Preferred Roles: (?)

Preferred Maps/Arrangements: (?)

I'm really new to this... but I'd like to get a few games in with you guys so I can get a feel for it. I honestly don't know what those are, or how to check them...

(Noob intensifies)

Username: BenTheWizard

Champions Owned: (?)

Preferred Roles: (?)

Preferred Maps/Arrangements: (?)

I'm really new to this... but I'd like to get a few games in with you guys so I can get a feel for it. I honestly don't know what those are, or how to check them...

(Noob intensifies)

I highly suggest starting off with AI games. You will be matched with new players also trying to figure it out for the first time and no one will get mad at you for having no clue what is going on.

Try to play every champion in the free rotation each week at least once to begin building up your knowledge of the champions and what skills they have. When you are playing against them, you want to know what your enemies will be throwing at you, and the best way to learn that is by actually playing the champions to the point where you have memorized their 4 skills.

Other than that, the goals are fairly straight forward. In your lane, attempt to last-hit as many of the minions as possible from each wave. This is arguably the most important skill in the game that will determine how quickly you can rise in ability. As you get higher and higher in skill level, early kills become more and more rare, making minions the primary source of gold. Gold = items and items = damage. When trying to maximize damage, it is obvious why this is extremely important. Other than that, try not to die, and play focused on achieving objectives with your team. These start with killing towers, killing the dragon and baron located in the river running through the middle of the map, and breaking lanes (this is when you destroy the inhibitor inside an enemy base allowing you to spawn super minions in that lane).

The key to winning lanes is maximizing damage given and minimizing damage taken in trades (trading damage with the opponent in your lane) while maintaining a high level of minion kills.

I highly suggest starting off with AI games. You will be matched with new players also trying to figure it out for the first time and no one will get mad at you for having no clue what is going on.

Try to play every champion in the free rotation each week at least once to begin building up your knowledge of the champions and what skills they have. When you are playing against them, you want to know what your enemies will be throwing at you, and the best way to learn that is by actually playing the champions to the point where you have memorized their 4 skills.

Other than that, the goals are fairly straight forward. In your lane, attempt to last-hit as many of the minions as possible from each wave. This is arguably the most important skill in the game that will determine how quickly you can rise in ability. As you get higher and higher in skill level, early kills become more and more rare, making minions the primary source of gold. Gold = items and items = damage. When trying to maximize damage, it is obvious why this is extremely important. Other than that, try not to die, and play focused on achieving objectives with your team. These start with killing towers, killing the dragon and baron located in the river running through the middle of the map, and breaking lanes (this is when you destroy the inhibitor inside an enemy base allowing you to spawn super minions in that lane).

The key to winning lanes is maximizing damage given and minimizing damage taken in trades (trading damage with the opponent in your lane) while maintaining a high level of minion kills.
I'd like to mention that the statement you will be matched with new players as well is completely false. Unless things changed from when I started, everyone playing is a smurf who flames nonstop when you go nocturne mid ;(

I'd like to mention that the statement you will be matched with new players as well is completely false. Unless things changed from when I started, everyone playing is a smurf who flames nonstop when you go nocturne mid ;(

I have never had any trouble with AI games. Normals is a completely different story. I am not sure which you are referring to. I was referring to AI.

Smurfs will not play AI games, and if they do, it will not be to bitch at bad players. It will be almost 100% them playing a brand new champ for the first few games before hopping back to legitimate play. I always do this. I pick the champ, do not care which lane I go to and just practice perfect cs and learning spell combos and getting the champ rhythm down.

You forgot warding. You can't forget to ward.

You forgot warding. You can't forget to ward.

I'd say that doesn't come in for quite a while, like lesson 3 or 4. Improving your individual mechanics and control over your character comes long before the team elements such as map control/vision required for winning the games.

I'd say that doesn't come in for quite a while, like lesson 3 or 4. Improving your individual mechanics and control over your character comes long before the team elements such as map control/vision required for winning the games.

I personally think that it should be learned along side with learning your own mechanics. Vision control will become an important aspect of the game immediately, and I personally believe that having good vision control is a skill more important than last-hitting. I made the mistake of not learning to ward early, and it took me a hefty while to fix it.

I personally think that it should be learned along side with learning your own mechanics. Vision control will become an important aspect of the game immediately, and I personally believe that having good vision control is a skill more important than last-hitting. I made the mistake of not learning to ward early, and it took me a hefty while to fix it.

If you are just starting the game and can hardly even last hit, vision items as used by us experienced players would eat up a huge disproportional percentage of your resources preventing you from utilizing your core character to its fullest.

I have never had any trouble with AI games. Normals is a completely different story. I am not sure which you are referring to. I was referring to AI.

Smurfs will not play AI games, and if they do, it will not be to bitch at bad players. It will be almost 100% them playing a brand new champ for the first few games before hopping back to legitimate play. I always do this. I pick the champ, do not care which lane I go to and just practice perfect cs and learning spell combos and getting the champ rhythm down.
They were AI games. It was a really long time ago. I don't think there was even a tutorial available. Basically I went like 0/30 by 15 minutes because I didn't know you had keyboard shortcuts and constantly tower dived.

On a side note, I turned level 30 like 2 weeks ago and am being matched with low silver people. Is that normal? I've never played ranked

They were AI games. It was a really long time ago. I don't think there was even a tutorial available. Basically I went like 0/30 by 15 minutes because I didn't know you had keyboard shortcuts and constantly tower dived.

On a side note, I turned level 30 like 2 weeks ago and am being matched with low silver people. Is that normal? I've never played ranked

Normal matchmaking I believe uses something called MMR. It's determined by how many wins and losses you have. If you're being matched with low silvers, that means (at least I think) you're around the same level as them.

Normal matchmaking I believe uses something called MMR. It's determined by how many wins and losses you have. If you're being matched with low silvers, that means (at least I think) you're around the same level as them.
This is correct. Also, ranked has its own separate MMR.

So. i have recently picked this back up, and I need some help from one of you senior members to get the technical stuff back down, some of you had helped me before with it, but i have forgot. I really don't know much at all tbh, all I know is that I like Varus.

So. i have recently picked this back up, and I need some help from one of you senior members to get the technical stuff back down, some of you had helped me before with it, but i have forgot. I really don't know much at all tbh, all I know is that I like Varus.
alright well we don't mind playing with you so come on mumble sometime and we can help you get better :D

normally we play in my room (aka gloriousgamers) but if you want someone to play with you can also open up leagueoflegends

Was so god damn close to promoting to S1 again but this fucking cunt cait afks cause she didnt get her buff, this petty bitch. I thought I was safe cause all the assholes are supposed to be in school right now.

Back