Like the New Windows 8?

When I had mine I disliked the OS for the phone a lot. Far more buggy than other devices I've used, not even a sliver of the amount of apps on other OS's for phones, and probably the most restricted for personalization.

Most restricted? So you mean Live tiles which allow for arrangement and information to be fed to you without you even opening apps is LESS customization than Apple iOS, which has no customization outside of changing the wallpaper?

May I ask which Windows phone were you using?

Most restricted? So you mean Live tiles which allow for arrangement and information to be fed to you without you even opening apps is LESS customization than Apple iOS, which has no customization outside of changing the wallpaper?

May I ask which Windows phone were you using?
HTC HD7. It is less customizable, all you can do is move tiles and set a wallpaper for your lock screen. +I found no way to remove the restrictions like you can on Apple iOS which can make it one of the most free mobile OS's there is.

My Friend Showed me it awhile back Before it got out there. (He Works at Microsoft) But I Just found it weirder than Windows 7..

I don't really get enough income ($13 a week... literally) to buy a new computer, let alone upgrade my Vista all the way to Win8.

HTC HD7. It is less customizable, all you can do is move tiles and set a wallpaper for your lock screen. +I found no way to remove the restrictions like you can on Apple iOS which can make it one of the most free mobile OS's there is.
I have to agree with you on that though I was using a Lumia 800 that ran a 7. I got tired of it after a mere 6 months and switchd to an Android.

there is so much stubborn ignorance on this thread i literally want to puke.

+1 to jerzey for trying to keep this a little more objective.

some points:

- 'metro' is a design language, not the start screen on windows 8, It has nothing to do specifically with windows or windows phones or whatever, it's a design language across all areas.

- It evolved from zune and has been pushed heavily into all areas in microsoft.

- It is literally the best thing to happen to UX in years.

some points:

- 'metro' is a design language, not the start screen on windows 8, It has nothing to do specifically with windows or windows phones or whatever, it's a design language across all areas.

This. All the stubborn Win8 hate is ridiculous.

I really can't believe I'm reading this. You just called iOS one of the most open mobile operating systems.

Info-overload.jpeg

From what I've seen of Windows phones, (which isn't much) is that it just seems like a clusterfuck of squares.

It is, but those clusterfucks of squares are feeding you live information. You could check everything you need in your phone without touching a damn thing with properly arranged live tiles.

My Friend Showed me it awhile back Before it got out there. (He Works at Microsoft) But I Just found it weirder than Windows 7..

I had a HTC windows phone and i love it, sure not alot of apps on the windows market but it was still nice phone. syncing with zune was a pain in the butt but everything else was fine. I was talking on the phone and it fell in the sink so i got a cheap phone but if i had the money i would buy that phone and not the new windows 8 phone. I just like that one most of all.

some points:

This, this, this. All of this.

some points:

>thread isn't objective
>literally the best thing to happen to........
>not an opinion
>shiggy diggy

After having used windows 8 for a few months all customized in desktop mode, I enjoy it...as it isn't that much different. The new start screen, is, as jerzey has said, designed primarily for touch enabled devices. It is an action within the company to defragment their services, as well as a target towards their largest consumer base, "The Standard User". As a good number of us here are what is considered "Power Users", if only on the low end, 5 minutes of searching and 5 minutes of customization and you have Win 8 looking and working a traditional desktop mode. The actual functionality has only got better since the older systems.

Win XP -> Vista - Most people hate this step as Vista is fairly known to be a pile of poop, but this was a huge step towards making things pretty as far as operating systems go. Sure there were a few problems, and many an annoying pop-up, but it was a good step in a right direction.

Vista -> Win 7 - This, as it seems to me, was essentially fixing everything they did wrong with vista. Having used both, and xp, for large amounts of time, I am a huge fan of 7. It does most things right, and as a desktop operating system was straight solid.

7 -> 8 - I have only used 8 for a couple months, really, but am liking it as a desktop operating system. I customized everything to give me the traditional desktop feel and it is good. This step did introduce the new start menu and I have to say I love the idea. I had to set up a new 27 in touch all-in-one for my aunt and it is pretty spectacular, for a non-power user. The touch interface with the new start is kinda awesome.

The different steps were necessary, and as crane and jerzey have both objectively pointed out, it is definitely the next logical step of progression. That being said, we should all be using linux. It is the most widely used operating system on computing devices.

...That being said, we should all be using linux. It is the most widely used operating system on computing devices.
Linux isn't the most widely used OS on computing devices. A lot of times, some devices use an OS similar to linux (sometimes even based upon it), but it still isn't the most widely used.

Linux isn't the most widely used OS on computing devices. A lot of times, some devices use an OS similar to linux (sometimes even based upon it), but it still isn't the most widely used.
Android phones, (almost everybody has one) is a Linux-based OS. Phone users and tablet users are multiplying MUCH faster than computers.

Back