Lord of the Rings Online (O.o)

Daydreaming

Does anyone else play this game?
and if so what server are you on and what are your character's names?
so I can stalk you.... :sneaky:

If you don't play this game but you would like to check it out please feel free to post here also
and I will stalk you anyways...@_o

People still play that? I started when it was new but returned back to WoW.
Nice to see it's still going though. It's a lovely MMO. :3

People still play that? I started when it was new but returned back to WoW.
Nice to see it's still going though. It's a lovely MMO. :3
LOL! yeah I've been playing it for 5 years now, there are a lot of things that frustrate me with it pvp wise... but it's still a fun game. :biggrin:

I haven't played it in awhle. Didn't play for too long, for maybe a month or so with my girlfriend.

I just haven't been into MMOs in general lately. Not sure why.

LOL! yeah I've been playing it for 5 years now, there are a lot of things that frustrate me with it pvp wise... but it's still a fun game. :biggrin:

I may take a look back into it. I recently got back into the LOTR universe due to the hobbit releasing, As well as I'm now starting to read the books proper. Read them when I was very young and had no clue. What server are you on?

It's a free to play game, im sure you could cultivate some people to join you in playing it. I hop on every once in a while, when i feel like playing some MMO PvE...

I started playing it back when Bored suggested a game night for it, about a month ago. I still play it often, it hasn't started to get stale yet.

I haven't played it in awhle. Didn't play for too long, for maybe a month or so with my girlfriend.
I don't even remember which server our mains were on. Do you, Patchy? I do miss the ability to lock stuff in the inventory and sell everything else in one click, though, and I really wish Star Trek Online would implement something like it. The "Turbine points" grind was really a pain, too, since the things that award them aren't repeatable (unless you consider "Okay, you've killed 50 spiders. If you want five more points, go kill 200 more!" repeatable...). I had to start characters on other servers just to get more points for the stuff my main needed. STO, I've done something similar (nine characters, all max level) but the limit there is just per character per day, and having more characters just makes things faster. LotRO, I could've spent weeks or even months getting a different horse with no benefit other than aesthetics; STO, I can buy a new top-of-the-line ship every four days or so if I run my full routine.

(Oh, yeah. In case you haven't figured out by now, I'm a total Star Trek geek. Tolkien geek, too, but STO is just more fun. >_> )

I don't even remember which server our mains were on. Do you, Patchy? I do miss the ability to lock stuff in the inventory and sell everything else in one click, though, and I really wish STO would implement something like it. The "Turbine points" grind was really a pain, too, since the things that award them aren't repeatable (unless you consider "Okay, you've killed 50 spiders. If you want five more points, go kill 200 more!" repeatable...). I had to start characters on other servers just to get more points for the stuff my main needed. STO, I've done something similar, but the limit there is just per character per day, and having more characters just makes things faster.
If I remember correctly, it was Withywindle we were on. And yeah, STO's F2P system is much better than LoTRO's. I unfortunately don't have the patience to grind with a bazillion characters like you do. I barely could finish have those Turbine Point things on my one character >.>

I may take a look back into it. I recently got back into the LOTR universe due to the hobbit releasing, As well as I'm now starting to read the books proper. Read them when I was very young and had no clue. What server are you on?
I have characters on lots of servers, but mostly I play only monster play on riddermark now and I just started a new toon on firefoot right now to check it out, she is lvl 26 so far.

It's a free to play game, im sure you could cultivate some people to join you in playing it. I hop on every once in a while, when i feel like playing some MMO PvE...
lol yeah they don't really have real pvp it's more pvmp... haha but it's still a beautiful game graphics wise and is awesome if you like the tolkien world too... what server you on ollee? and what's the name of your characters?

I started playing it back when Bored suggested a game night for it, about a month ago. I still play it often, it hasn't started to get stale yet.
what server are you on and what's your character names?
Oh, yeah. In case you haven't figured out by now, I'm a total Star Trek geek. Tolkien geek, too, but STO is just more fun. >_>
I like star trek a lot too I just couldn't get into the mmo too much although I do have a character on it, it's hard for me to get into space kinda stuff game wise, but I do like mass effect games a lot lol I think my character on STO is Nobody and my tag is @Fairyfoogoo. You could prolly ask Patchouli to show you my steam page so you can add me and see my screenies of my toon let me know what you think of the custom alien I made haha :cool:

If I remember correctly, it was Withywindle we were on. And yeah, STO's F2P system is much better than LoTRO's. I unfortunately don't have the patience to grind with a bazillion characters like you do. I barely could finish have those Turbine Point things on my one character >.>
The best way I've found if you want to grind the turbine points is to make a new toon on a server you don't play on and use the starter horse whistle you get to ride around and do the starter areas location deeds and collection deeds, then just delete the character and repeat. You can get a decent amount of points pretty quickly that way. Also if you have a higher leveled toon you can farm the rep consumables in the lower areas and then make a new character give them the rep and they get tp for completing the deeds for it, then just delete the character and repeat. I personally have been playing the game since before it was free to play so I still have my sub it's only $10 a month if you get the $30 for 3 months plan, so it's not too bad I mean that's like the cost of one dinner at a restaurant or something so not a big deal. Having the sub is a lot cheaper than paying for points for the expansions and what not, also it gives you access to the free peoples side of the pvmp too, not to mention they give you 500 tp monthly for having a sub.

oh nice that was my original main server for years, how long have you been playing on it? cause you might recognize some of my character names....
About two or so years now. I started off on another server, but I don't remember what that one was. Doesn't matter all that much though I guess because I never got very far there. I am digging the one I'm on currently. The kinship I'm in is pretty decent.

About two or so years now. I started off on another server, but I don't remember what that one was. Doesn't matter all that much though I guess because I never got very far there. I am digging the one I'm on currently. The kinship I'm in is pretty decent.
My characters that are on windfola are: Daikoku, Psychological, Suspiria, Electronic, Violenza, Nanaki, Technologic, Psychobeast, and I used to have my capt. named Squirrels there too but I transferred her to Riddermark and renamed her Battleangel. What kinship are you in? I used to be leader of a kinship called "Lotus Family" for 2 years there, then I was an officer in "Guardians of the Vault" for a short bit (I didn't get along with the leader and one other officer though so I left), and I joined my good friends kinship and was an officer in there for a long time "The Dark Hunters" and we were a REALLY great kinship we ruled the ettenmoors for free peoples side lol and we were usually second only to "Trucido" for first completions of raids and instances when they came out. Sadly though "The Dark Hunters" was disbanded because a few officers decided to screw over the leader and the other officers and cause a bunch of drama over some stupid girl that wasn't even in our kinship, and it really sucked cause that kinship had been around since the beta of the game. We were also the biggest raiding/pvmp kinship on the whole server before we disbanded too.

Back