Magic: The Gathering Thread

So I rarely buy anything less than a fat pack when buying cards and found some fat packs for the new Innistrad line and got one. Last card of the last pack, me am a happy camper.
0OwxhhU.jpg

Awesome. She's really good as long as you make sure you are the one in control of her transform.

I'm trying to make a modern deck based on cards like Quag Sickness, Corrupt, Nightmare, and Liliana, of the Dark Realms. I thought about running green with it and my land that turns all other lands into swamps in addition to othe types. Any ideas?

Awesome. She's really good as long as you make sure you are the one in control of her transform.

I'm trying to make a modern deck based on cards like Quag Sickness, Corrupt, Nightmare, and Liliana, of the Dark Realms. I thought about running green with it and my land that turns all other lands into swamps in addition to othe types. Any ideas?
Oh boy, have I got a deck for you. As neighborhood blue mage, control and prison connoisseur, I have mastered the art of being an asshole. And with that in mind, I bring you a fantastically fun (to play as, not against) deck.

Welcome, to Pox:
2 Trinisphere
4 Akki Blizzard-Herder
3 Bloodghast
2 Pack Rat
4 Spreading Algae
2 Abrupt Decay
3 Contaminated Ground
4 Lightning Bolt
1 Terminate
3 Liliana of the Veil
4 Crack the Earth
3 Life from the Loam
4 Smallpox
Lands:
1 Blood Crypt
3 Bloodstained Mire
3 Copperline Gorge
1 Forest
1 Ghost Quarter
1 Mutavault
1 Overgrown Tomb
1 Stomping Ground
2 Swamp
4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
3 Verdant Catacombs

Sideboard
1 Engineered Explosives
3 Bloodchief Ascension
1 Choke
1 Dark Heart of the Wood
2 Ancient Grudge
3 Surgical Extraction
1 Terminate
2 Pyroclasm
1 Raven's Crime

You may be wondering, "Now Pyro, how do I best go about torturing my opponents with this concoction of pure tears?" Well I'm glad you asked. Your goal is deny your opponent's resources as much as possible. No land is spared. Have some fun with stuff like enchanting their lands with Spreading Algae with an Urborg out. Casting Crack the Earth when they have no nonland permanents and you have an Akki Blizzard-Herder ready to be sacced. Playing a Trinisphere against an opponent with 1 land. Fun stuff like that. Of course, this list isn't perfect, but it captures the idea. You use cards like Blizzard-Herder, Crack the Earth, and Smallpox to trade "1 for 1" with your opponent, of course returning those lands with life from the loam shortly afterwards. Fantastic for casual play and trying to retain those failing friendships.

QUESTION

If I had 6 or more artifacts on the board, and I used the card TRINKET MAGE, would I be able to search for MYR ENFORCER and put it into my hand?

I'm not sure in what state the MYR ENFORCER cards mana cost is reduced. Does it happen no matter where it is (like in my deck) or is it only reduced while being cast.

Image.ashx

Image.ashx

QUESTION

If I had 6 or more artifacts on the board, and I used the card TRINKET MAGE, would I be able to search for MYR ENFORCER and put it into my hand?

I'm not sure in what state the MYR ENFORCER cards mana cost is reduced. Does it happen no matter where it is (like in my deck) or is it only reduced while being cast.

Image.ashx

Image.ashx
I would say no due to its converted mana cost remaining 7. Although it's ability reduces its price to cast, it doesn't alter the converted mana cost.

I would say no due to its converted mana cost remaining 7. Although it's ability reduces its price to cast, it doesn't alter the converted mana cost.

Thanks for letting me know. Unrelated, I revisited a cheap idea of using old "change target land type" creatures to deny opponents the ability to use correct mana types to cast spells. Then, after I have enough minions and mana, I will use flashfires to destroy all of their lands. Afterwards I can swing with my cheap minions because they can't play any cards. Do you have any opinions/suggestions for this idea? Is there any glaring "no this does not work" technicality I overlooked?

http://www.mtgvault.com/bbgunshot/decks/climate-change/

So Ive been playing magic a shit ton for the past 6 months now and have had so much fun. My current 3 decks I actually own.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/24-05-16-release-the-kraken/

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/american-foregn-policy/

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bant-no-coco-walkers-on-the-side/

The commander ones are slightly altered from whats on their but the standard one has won me a few local tourneys so far. (Scratch that, the standard one above is changed for kaladesh, this one
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bant-no-coco-walkers-on-the-side-copy/

is my current standard one)

Thanks for letting me know. Unrelated, I revisited a cheap idea of using old "change target land type" creatures to deny opponents the ability to use correct mana types to cast spells. Then, after I have enough minions and mana, I will use flashfires to destroy all of their lands. Afterwards I can swing with my cheap minions because they can't play any cards. Do you have any opinions/suggestions for this idea? Is there any glaring "no this does not work" technicality I overlooked?

http://www.mtgvault.com/bbgunshot/decks/climate-change/
Looks good. Never heard of a deck like that. My only concern ruling wise is the card Spectral Shift, as I do not know if it lets you alter lands them selves. However, combo it with FlashFire and you can make it easier to destroy a different color of land your opponent uses.

So Ive been playing magic a shit ton for the past 6 months now and have had so much fun. My current 3 decks I actually own.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/24-05-16-release-the-kraken/

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/american-foregn-policy/

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bant-no-coco-walkers-on-the-side/

The commander ones are slightly altered from whats on their but the standard one has won me a few local tourneys so far. (Scratch that, the standard one above is changed for kaladesh, this one
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bant-no-coco-walkers-on-the-side-copy/

is my current standard one)
Oh cool. I currently have 2 standard, 2 Modern, and 1 commander deck. I will try to post them soon.

NOTE: I am not an official judge, but i try to consult judges I know when it comes to issuing a ruling. I had to ask a judge every 5 minutes when I had a clone deck on many different rulings.

Last edited:
I guess I should update my deck list. I currently play

Modern:
Jeskai Nahiri

EDH:
Arcanis, The Omnipotent / Azami, Lady of Scrolls
Melek, Izzet Paragon
Lazav, Dimir Mastermind (Turning into Oona, Queen of the Fae)

I'm currently building Modern Merfolk, but I'm waiting for mm17 for Cavern of Souls reprint, and I am also slowly putting together Spiral Tide in Legacy. Derevi is slowly being constructed since apparently playing only combo in EDH is considered "unfun" and "rude". I'm also trying to start the process to become a judge, as I've been the unofficial judge of our play group. I no longer play Standard but I'd probably either play UW control or Mardu Midrange in the new standard.

Do any of you have a deck that is like, your go-to deck? I'm talking mostly in a casual format. I've been looking into different types and different styles of decks, because I'd really just like to have one to goof around with every once in a while. But I can't seem to find something that's varied or "out there" enough to be fun consistently. Combo decks are the easiest and most fun, but get old quickly. Control decks are game winning but not terribly fun. Trying to find something in-between.

Do any of you have a deck that is like, your go-to deck? I'm talking mostly in a casual format. I've been looking into different types and different styles of decks, because I'd really just like to have one to goof around with every once in a while. But I can't seem to find something that's varied or "out there" enough to be fun consistently. Combo decks are the easiest and most fun, but get old quickly. Control decks are game winning but not terribly fun. Trying to find something in-between.

I mean, my go to competitive/fun stuff is my EDH mono red artifact deck with Feldon of The Third Path. He has all the graveyard recursin of black built into him, but red is purely better. He's good for janky combos (altar of dementia + self mill + him=profit) and infinite mana (Kurkesh Onakke Ancient + Voltaic Key + Gilded lotus= Better profit.)

TL DR red artifact is good. here's the old man

feld.png

EDIT: i can give a decklist if you need ideas.

I mean, my go to competitive/fun stuff is my EDH mono red artifact deck with Feldon of The Third Path. He has all the graveyard recursin of black built into him, but red is purely better. He's good for janky combos (altar of dementia + self mill + him=profit) and infinite mana (Kurkesh Onakke Ancient + Voltaic Key + Gilded lotus= Better profit.)

TL DR red artifact is good. here's the old man

View attachment 144992

EDIT: i can give a decklist if you need ideas.

Wow that's the most bullcrap card I've ever seen! I like it.

Alesha is pretty fun. I would say she is the most budget of the commanders and can do rakdos/boros if you mardon't.

SO. The main objective is to cheat out good cards from the bin, and you need things that loot (or discard). Stuff like faithless looting, mad prophet, zombie infestation and icatan crier is pretty decent. Good stuff in ur bin would be ponyback friendship, ankle shanker and archetype of deathtouch. Refill ur hand with skullclamp or vampiric rites and ur board with mardu ascendancy.

I have a blast with Alesha as the damage (and pressure) can go pretty wild when left unchecked and things your opponents think they have dealt wih (like fiend hunter) comes back tapped and attacking can be pretty annoying. And it says after combat which is a huge plus.

In short, I like Alesha. I completely overlooked the guy/gal cuz while on paper she seems that she can't reach bs levels of nonsense. But having my bin as a cheat sheet for 6 drops for 2 mana without spending a card and already attacking is pretty mad.

I recommend her as a commander. I haven't put any mill in it but i think its highly recommended.

Alright guys I did it. I found a way to make a deck around Selective Memory. I think I might actually make this one. I'd love to test it sometime. If this isn't the strangest deck I'm not sure what is. Suggestions are welcome too! But without further ado may I present...

Exile Upended
408_final.jpg

Also, if anyone ever wants to play me online on https://untap.in/ let me know! You can upload decks and play mtg online for free. Haven't used it in a long time though.

Last edited:
I was in a prerelease yesterday. Ran white black dig. Worked pretty well. Didn't get top 8 though v.v

My favorite combo was my Weaponcraft Enthusiast and Decoction Module. Sure the combo was a pricey 7, but the energy grind and servo blockers were really nice. Add inventors goggles and you are set.

Also, I want to make a commander using this combo if I can search my deck.

Image (1).png
Image.jpeg

Last edited:
Got Nissa Vital Force
122700_200w.jpg

and ran White Green in a 2 headed dragon pre release, my teammate got a foil Verdurous Gearhulk (55$ currently lucky sunofabitch)
122676_200w.jpg

and we got wrecked. We just got trampled by aggro. The cards we got were good, just not good in limited. A card people are overlooking (or were, price is 10$ was 2$) is smugglers copter.
122743_200w.jpg
really really good, picked up 3 of them from a friend, 1 of them foil. Probably gonna trade them along with my avacyns for a playset of the Verdurous Gearhulk though.

Got Nissa Vital Force
122700_200w.jpg

and ran White Green in a 2 headed dragon pre release, my teammate got a foil Verdurous Gearhulk (55$ currently lucky sunofabitch)
122676_200w.jpg

and we got wrecked. We just got trampled by aggro. The cards we got were good, just not good in limited. A card people are overlooking (or were, price is 10$ as 2$) is smugglers copter.
122743_200w.jpg
really really good, picked up 3 of them from a friend, 1 of them foil. Probably gonna trade them along with my avacyns for a playset of the Verdurous Gearhulk though.
That card...ruined me...I lost to two people with that copter.

Also, I got the white gearhulk. Though he's more situational than the others I think.
122774_200w.jpg

Also, http://www.mtgvault.com/cheese7710/decks/cant-touch-this/

this is my commander idea so far. I know, it's VERY lacking, but I'm lazy tonight.

Does anyone know a good website to upload commander deck ideas for review? Preferably where I can face others with it also

Does anyone know a good website to upload commander deck ideas for review? Preferably where I can face others with it also
tappedout.net is where I put all of my decklists, especially commander. As for playing others, I would recommend using cockatrice over at Woogerworks.

I've been working on more commander stuff. I keep flipping through commanders as I've yet to find a commander that I find enjoyable and can survive in my playgroup. I've decided to give 2 more commanders a go. I'm going to try building Oona, Queen of the Fae as a combo/control faerie strategy. If it turns out that deck doesn't work to my liking, I'll most likely build Damia, Sage of Stone. Damia has the advantage of being either the only or one of the only commanders viable for control, given the amount of card draw she generates. It may very well be that I simply build one of the new 4-color commanders that will release in c16. Still to be determined.

Back