Magic: The Gathering Thread

Cheese7710

I wanna know who all is crazy about MTG. I have over 1000 cards.

For those unfamiliar, Magic: The Gathering (or MTG) Is the original Trading Card Game. It's a lot like Yu-Gi-Oh, but more mature, epic, and has several different kinds of cards (like two-faced, Dual-Cards, ect.) that Yu-Gi-Oh doesn't have.

My favorite card I own has to be either my Angelic Arbiter or my Ajani Vengance. The card I want the most is Ermakul, The Aeons Torn. Here are pics.
M11_Angelic_Arbiter_Foil.jpg

Angelic Arbiter

1.jpg

Ajani Vengance

417_vcjx0r83p1.jpg

Ermakul, The Aeons Torn.

I have a friend, Govek (he doesnt really get on here too often) who is really big in Magic, I have cards but dont play as much

SO MUCH THIS!!!!!

I have played mtg for about 11 years now. I have more cards than I wish to disclose. I play all the time with a large group of friends in my home town when I am home from college during breaks. I have competed in a number of tournaments and had standard decks until I left for college. I have stopped spending money on cards and just play casually. I also like to play EDH if you are familiar with the game type.

My favorite card, as you can guess, is Stratadon xD It was the first card I owned that my babysitter gave to me. Planeshift was my first set.

My current decks that I run are:
Bant Exalted
Blue/White Reality Acid Control
Dragonstorm (classic)
Nope Deck (Mono blue counter. Whenever someone plays something you say "nope")
Red/White Aggro
Elf Token Swarm (The fastest elf deck ever to grace the earth)

Image.ashx

I would get into MTG but the cards are expensive, and generally those with the deeper pockets can choose a superior version of the same spell thing.

But I enjoy reading the flavor text and admiring the artwork. Top hats.

I would get into MTG but the cards are expensive, and generally those with the deeper pockets can choose a superior version of the same spell thing.

But I enjoy reading the flavor text and admiring the artwork. Top hats.

Unfortunately this is completely true. Money can buy good decks, but my friends and I like to make competitions to build the best decks under $20 and then play with them against other $20 decks, so no one has an unfair advantage. A similar thing can be done with a rule that decks can have no rares in them. This usually keeps them extremely cheap.

My tournament decks can run as high as $400 complete with dual lands and fancy sideboards.

I buy deck builder kits. 285 cards for $20 at Walmart. Pretty sweet. Plus, it comes with a few boosters, 20 of each land, and a bunch of other cards.

Reviving Thread :O

I just started playing. I don't have any physical cards yet, but I have been playing a lot of MTG 2014 on Steam if anyone wants to play me.

I wanna know who all is crazy about MTG. I have over 1000 cards.

For those unfamiliar, Magic: The Gathering (or MTG) Is the original Trading Card Game. It's a lot like Yu-Gi-Oh, but more mature, epic, and has several different kinds of cards (like two-faced, Dual-Cards, ect.) that Yu-Gi-Oh doesn't have.

My favorite card I own has to be either my Angelic Arbiter or my Ajani Vengance. The card I want the most is Ermakul, The Aeons Torn. Here are pics.
View attachment 137622
Angelic Arbiter

View attachment 137623
Ajani Vengance

View attachment 137624
Ermakul, The Aeons Torn.

I have gotten into MTG and I'm going to visit my local card store and buy a box of cards :rofl: I can't wait. And I was hoping someone would make a MTG thread <3 .

Just for the lol's.

I have cards, not a real full deck, but Im not that much into it, even if I have been playing for about 4 years now, I have a friend who has a beautiful Treefolk deck I usually play with

My greatest deck now is a Red White and Black Life Drain Deck. So far, not even a Control Deck has beaten it easily. I'm proud of it :D

My greatest deck now is a Red White and Black Life Drain Deck. So far, not even a Control Deck has beaten it easily. I'm proud of it :D
I had the chance of playing a Blue Counter deck, where the other person and I both played from the same deck (didn't split it at all) and we got up to a 7-counter combo, good times

I have trouble keeping up with a tri-color deck, it requires mad mana fixing that I just can't manage.

I have a mono white soldier synergy deck.

And a black/red deck with various buffs and creature removals. My take on it is this.

Play Mortis Dogs.
Buff their power to 7 (or 6.. some instants might come in handy).
Attack and hopefully the opponent doesn't block.
Fling after combat phase and deal double damage.

End game in one turn.

But I gotta find fling cards... as well as more mortis dogs.

Mythic rare cards < Cheap ass tactics < GOOD ASS FLAVOR TEXT + ARTWORK

I'm currently running a blue control deck but I'm looking into a Blue-Red Control Burn deck. I've been looking at a bunch of cards and I was wondering, is a red/blue land and library destruction deck viable? Using cards such as Traumatize, Ruination, Sowing Salt, Hedron Crab, Tome Scour, Mind Funeral, Splitting Earth and other cards.

I'm currently running a blue control deck but I'm looking into a Blue-Red Control Burn deck. I've been looking at a bunch of cards and I was wondering, is a red/blue land and library destruction deck viable? Using cards such as Traumatize, Ruination, Sowing Salt, Hedron Crab, Tome Scour, Mind Funeral, Splitting Earth and other cards.

B/R Control is imo one of the most fun to play and consistently good decks currently out there. Gelectrode/Kiln Fiend decks are currently meta abusing curiosity and rebound effects like distortion strike to pump kiln fiend up extremely fast.

B/R land and library destruction does not seem like a strong combination to me. I have seen decks that focus on either just land destruction or just mill work, but they are usually unreliable and very easy to counter with a fast enough deck. They can sometimes pull out a win, but that is because they go all out an focus on a single target, either land or the opponents library. If you try to do both, I think you will find you will not be able to either well enough to shut down your opponent.

My most recent legacy deck is a G/W/B (three color) hexproof aura aggro deck that abuses argothian enchantress and kor spiritdancer. I have fine tuned this deck throughout the summer and its consistency is astounding, to the point where my friends will not play against it 1v1 and they all gang up on me when I take it out in multiplayer games. Feel free to check out the decklist below.

Creatures: (16)
x4 Invisible Stalker (Hexproof, Unblockable)
x4 Argothian Enchantress (Hexproof, Draw Engine)
4x Kor Spiritdancer (Draw Engine)
4x SIlhana Ledgewalker (Hexproof, Usually Unblockable)

Note* Unblockable is an unnecessary part of this deck that I am working to remove. By the time a creature has a rancor on it, the trample along with insanely high power makes it not worth it. I may try to find some 1 drop creatures with hexproof and forgo the unblockable. This would allow me to drop blue entirely and rework the lands completely because currently I am splashing blue for nothing but the invisible stalkers.

Enchantments/Auras: (24)
4x Utopia Sprawl (Land Ramp/Draw Combo)
4x Wild Growth (Land Ramp/Draw Combo)
4x Rancor \
4x Ancestral Mask - (Enchantment Damage Engine)
4x Ethereal Armor /
2x Temporal Isolation (Standard Control Element)
2x Oblivion Ring (Standard Control Element)

Lands: (20)
2x Yavimaya Coast
3x Brushland
3x Serra's Sanctum
1x Flooded Grove
1x Adarkar Wastes
1x Seaside Citadel
5x Forest
4x Island

Sideboard:
2x Unflinching Courage
4x Gladecover Scout
1x Sacred Ground
1x Drought
1x Brushland
1x Elephant Grass
2x Sterling Grove
1x Seal of Primordium
2x Counter Spell/Force of Will

How the deck works. Let's say an argothian enchtantress is in play and a plains and a brushlands. I can tap a brushlands for 1 green to play a wild growth on the plains. Because the plains has not yet been tapped, my net loss of mana for tapping the brushlands is 0, because the plains is now producing an additional green. At the same time, however, because ai played an enchantment, I get to draw a card because of argothian enchantress. This gives me an insane card advantage and allows me to play low costing enchantments on a single hexproof unblockable creature that hits you in the face each turn. I have not met a deck yet that can put out more damage in the same amount of turns as this deck, so 1v1, it rarely loses. Most average players out there will not include methods to deal with hexproof creatures in their main decks (such as making opponents sacrifice, or global wipes), or if they do, they usually are not in a position to be able to play them before they are dead.

I mainly a play a green/blue "Infect and Protect" deck as I like to call it. Will get a complete card list soon and edit this post as I left it at my friend's house. But basically, the blue cards are mainly defenders (Protect) while the greens all have the "Infect" ability to get 10 poison counters on the opponent. Their power is traded out for poison counters instead of actual damage. It's a fairly fast deck, I have a few unblockables so I can actually end the game in 6 to 8 turns if I get all my buffing cards.

I mainly a play a green/blue "Infect and Protect" deck as I like to call it. Will get a complete card list soon and edit this post as I left it at my friend's house. But basically, the blue cards are mainly defenders (Protect) while the greens all have the "Infect" ability to get 10 poison counters on the opponent. Their power is traded out for poison counters instead of actual damage. It's a fairly fast deck, I have a few unblockables so I can actually end the game in 6 to 8 turns if I get all my buffing cards.
You need this card:
99.jpg

Unless you have insane mana ramp... you'd be dead before you even thought about hitting the field. You have to figure the average deck has 20 -22 lands... With a sixty card deck in order to get this out you'd need 13 cards (12 lands + the colussus)...

I'll probably run the numbers on it later... but assuming you have 4 of these in your deck the probability of you getting it in your opening hand is something like 40%. The amount of time it takes you to pull 12 lands from your deck is a more difficult, yet intriguing calculation. I'm going to estimate that assuming you get the card you need in your opening hand I'm going to estimate it'll take you 26 turns to pull the 12 lands needed to play this card.

Now, if you have an elvish piper all bets are off.

Unless you have insane mana ramp... you'd be dead before you even thought about hitting the field. You have to figure the average deck has 20 -22 lands... With a sixty card deck in order to get this out you'd need 13 cards (12 lands + the colussus)...

I'll probably run the numbers on it later... but assuming you have 4 of these in your deck the probability of you getting it in your opening hand is something like 40%. The amount of time it takes you to pull 12 lands from your deck is a more difficult, yet intriguing calculation. I'm going to estimate that assuming you get the card you need in your opening hand I'm going to estimate it'll take you 26 turns to pull the 12 lands needed to play this card.

Now, if you have an elvish piper all bets are off.

The types of decks that run absurd cards like the colossus and the eldrazi are called reanimator decks. They use cards like Reanimator, Exhume and Animate Dead to toss them onto the field from the graveyard. I could pop any creature in the game onto the field on turn 2 with my reanimator deck, given the right hand.

Back