Magic: The Gathering Thread

tappedout.net is where I put all of my decklists, especially commander. As for playing others, I would recommend using cockatrice over at Woogerworks.

I've been working on more commander stuff. I keep flipping through commanders as I've yet to find a commander that I find enjoyable and can survive in my playgroup. I've decided to give 2 more commanders a go. I'm going to try building Oona, Queen of the Fae as a combo/control faerie strategy. If it turns out that deck doesn't work to my liking, I'll most likely build Damia, Sage of Stone. Damia has the advantage of being either the only or one of the only commanders viable for control, given the amount of card draw she generates. It may very well be that I simply build one of the new 4-color commanders that will release in c16. Still to be determined.
Oh cool. I'm trying to make one based around Oloro, Ageless ascetic.
00000000000000000.jpeg

So i've been recently adding to/tuning my Sydri Galvanic genius edh deck with the release of kaladesh; first two boosters i pulled Padeem consul of innovation and aetherflux resivior. So happy.

However, i had a huge epiphany the other day: esper is passive as fuck. (or at least sydri is.)

I'll post the card at the end but all you need to know is that in order to win with Sydri, you literally do not attack. At all. Ever. What is combat step anyway?

For those who don't know sydri, her abilities are: tap Blue, target non creature artifact becomes an artifact creature with P/T equal to its mana cost until end of turn; and
Tap Black and white, target artifact creature gains deathtouch and lifelink until end of turn.

Sounds awesome right? It is, but only in multiplayer. See, sydri is good at flying under the radar, dropping some artifacts every few turns, but the SECOND you go to combat, boom, artifacts get blown up. On attacking sydri is weak, on defense? She's the ultimate pillowfort. Toss in caltrops, animate it, call it a day really.

Suggestions on how to make sydri more aggro are welcome, but be warned; i tried everything. Esper isnt really powerful aggro.

Sydri.jpg

Random 2 a.m. commander idea.
Screenshot_2016-10-19-02-24-15.png

Commander. I know mono color commanders have issues, but the next card is why this is the commander:
Screenshot_2016-10-19-02-24-34.png

Boom. Add resurrect and swamp ramp for better and faster results.

Tutoring happens a fair bit in commanders. Yisan the wandering DEAD.
I actually had the realization that I'm playing Thraximundar against a Yisan toolbox/combo and I have no Obnixilis, Unshackled and no Stranglehold. Fixing that asap.

My playgroup for those curious:
Thraximundar (me)
Yisan, the Wandering Bard / Kaalia of the Vast / Teysa, Orzhov Scion
Maelstrom Wanderer / Hazezon Tamar / Oona, Queen of the Fae
Chainer, Dementia Master / Doran the Siege Tower
Ghave, Guru of Spores (Transferring to Karador, Ghost Chieftan)
Brago, King Eternal (when he's not out of town for school)

Definitely building Breya when she releases. Love the 125 new commanders.

Yesssss treefolk best creature type. better be tribal.
Hell yea it is

I've been brewing Breya. All I have to say is holy shit.
breya.png

What doesn't she do? First off, her colors are perfect. She's artifact-based so green's only strength is irrelevant due to the amount of mana rocks you're going to be running. She has a nontapping ability, which is also a sac engine, which is also a win condition, damage, and sustainability. Did I mention it's nontapping, so you can use it multiple times? She's a combo just waiting to happen.

My favorite combo with her so far:
Nim deathmantle.jpg ashnod's altar.png

Combined with Breya's ability, you can produce infinite colorless and infinite thopters.... which then results in infinite board control, life, and damage. I say that's pretty deece. Redundancy can include Krark-Clan Ironworks instead of Ashnod's Altar, and Eldrazi Displacer (not an artifact) instead of Ashnod's Altar. You're also in WUBR so you have a million different ways to tutor this combo.

I'm still deciding on the rest of the shell for her. I can either go with a goodstuff.dec list and run the Esper sphinx package + some Daretti and goblin welder fun. I can do an artifact-based Stax control deck, which allows me to sacrifice away engines that I find annoying. Or should I try something else?

Hell yea it is

View attachment 145004
What doesn't she do? First off, her colors are perfect. She's artifact-based so green's only strength is irrelevant due to the amount of mana rocks you're going to be running. She has a nontapping ability, which is also a sac engine, which is also a win condition, damage, and sustainability. Did I mention it's nontapping, so you can use it multiple times? She's a combo just waiting to happen.

View attachment 145005 View attachment 145006

Combined with Breya's ability, you can produce infinite colorless and infinite thopters.... which then results in infinite board control, life, and damage. I say that's pretty deece. Redundancy can include Krark-Clan Ironworks instead of Ashnod's Altar, and Eldrazi Displacer (not an artifact) instead of Ashnod's Altar. You're also in WUBR so you have a million different ways to tutor this combo.

I'm still deciding on the rest of the shell for her. I can either go with a goodstuff.dec list and run the Esper sphinx package + some Daretti and goblin welder fun. I can do an artifact-based Stax control deck, which allows me to sacrifice away engines that I find annoying. Or should I try something else?

Good, good, i am pleased. i am known as the lorax for my tribal treefolk.

Dude Breya has got me so hyped for c16. Esper with red? Sydri and feldon are my fave artifact decks i run, and two of the three favorite color/color combos (the third being Gruul. Borborygmos enraged yes.)

Off the top of my head, Any good sac triggers paired with breya go off, play sharuum, get conjurer's closet and like never risk losing a good boardstate.

toss in Arcum Daggson for good measure and have a good day

Hell yea it is

View attachment 145004

View attachment 145005 View attachment 145006

Clues.

Lodsaclues..

Image.ashx

Made this a lil while ago. Any thoughts?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/energy-drink-3/
Replace multiform wanderer with 2 verderous gearhulk And maybe some servant of the conduit to get some energy and mana ramp. If you're going to have a 5 drop make it a good one and so you can drop the counters on the pummeler and not completely depend on larger than life/blossoming defense to get its mechanics going. Also they stay so you can do it again next turn.

Also, mainboard the fuck out of the aether hubs.

Last edited:
So I'm building a Trostani commander and have been liking a specific combo that I wanted to share. I use Seance and Mirrorpool to make a token of my regular creatures, then populating the crap out of them (seance requires a populate so there will be at least one permanent token). So far game winning combos have been Phantom general (a token that gives all tokens +1/+1) and Avatar of the Resolute (each token is potentially stronger than the last). Any thoughts on the combo or ideas for stuff to make into tokens? Just for note, this combo is more common than I anticipated in play testing due to non-basic land search.

Okay, resurrecting this thread to say some things I have been working on. First off, I have 6 EDH decks and two in the works. second, I wanted to start playing EDH on a website called Untap. If you guys want to face me, I will try to play here on days I do not have anything better to do. I will have two variants of my decks when they are added: one limited to cards I physically own and one "beefy" version with cards I cannot afford and that no one locally is willing to trade. My username there is Drakenwing for those who want to find and play against me.

Back