Man of Steel thoughts.

I'd give it an 7 or 6.5 if I really wanted to be nitpicky about things I didn't like.

Not anything higher, due to the many scenes that didn't have any emotional value and the cheesy shit that happened throughout.
-The scene where they had to save the employee from the falling building while holding her hand.

-The scene where Louis tries talking to Clark about the "S" on his chest.

-Soldier called him "Superman".

-Another soldier near the end said he was "hot".

I just thought the movie should have been the intensity I was going in and expecting for. Instead, I got some stupid scenes that made me facepalm at the Writer's dialogue.

Set that aside though, the flashbacks for me where very upsetting. I didn't like them at all. I thought it kind of took away from Clark's childhood, and the many problems he had showing his character as how he came to be the man he was, as I said above. The reason why we admire Superman for what he is, is because of the actions that he takes and the sacrifices he makes every time he's confronted with a problem. Those are some choices and hardships that none of us on Earth can handle. It's just simply mesmerizing, and the story of how that man came to be what somewhat deflated and boring due to poor transitions in the middle of the movie. Even though the beginning for me was like waaay of out the water.

So poor writing and cheesy ass-lines drew down the movie for me to a 7. If those two things were gone, I think everyone would've appreciated this movie as much as, and maybe ever more than any other Superhero movie out there to date.

I'd give it an 7 or 6.5 if I really wanted to be nitpicky about things I didn't like.

Not anything higher, due to the many scenes that didn't have any emotional value and the cheesy shit that happened throughout.
-The scene where they had to save the employee from the falling building while holding her hand.

-The scene where Louis tries talking to Clark about the "S" on his chest.

-Soldier called him "Superman".

-Another soldier near the end said he was "hot".

I just thought the movie should have been the intensity I was going in and expecting for. Instead, I got some stupid scenes that made me facepalm at the Writer's dialogue.

Set that aside though, the flashbacks for me where very upsetting. I didn't like them at all. I thought it kind of took away from Clark's childhood, and the many problems he had showing his character as how he came to be the man he was, as I said above. The reason why we admire Superman for what he is, is because of the actions that he takes and the sacrifices he makes every time he's confronted with a problem. Those are some choices and hardships that none of us on Earth can handle. It's just simply mesmerizing, and the story of how that man came to be what somewhat deflated and boring due to poor transitions in the middle of the movie. Even though the beginning for me was like waaay of out the water.

So poor writing and cheesy ass-lines drew down the movie for me to a 7. If those two things were gone, I think everyone would've appreciated this movie as much as, and maybe ever more than any other Superhero movie out there to date.
I watched Man of Steel for a second time. I still maintain that it is tied with Avengers for my favorite movie currently.

Honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about. It had fuck tons of intensity.

The flashbacks were actually quite perfect for their purpose. They showed what events shaped Clark to be who he is, without spending half an hour just to show him growing up on the farm. Sure, the thing jumped around a bit with chronological order, but it fit fine.

I know this is a short response to your wall of text, but I just don't know what to say. I just feel like most people didn't really pay attention to the movie.

I'll just let this man speak for me.

For storyline, I choose Smallville over this. Before you chew my head off for comparing a series that had 10 seasons to a single movie, I'm just saying that I prefer the background story and and the way the cover up Clark Kent's identity by making him clumsy, forgettable, and outstandingly unnoticeable. Superman's "secret" identity has always been bullshit to me. A curl in the fringe and the lack of glasses... and you can't recognize the guy? Superman Returns, the previous movie, was much worse in this aspect. Lois Lane fucking fucked Superman and had his god damn child and the dumb slut can't recognize the guy with glasses? How retarded can one be?
/rant

I still think the action in the movie was awesome but the story felt too haphazard to be likeable.

I also don't like how they made Jor-El so prominent in this movie just because they got a big actor to play his role. Jor-El, to me, has always been that voice in the Fortress of Solitude. He shouldn't even be a hologram walking around.

I watched Man of Steel for a second time. I still maintain that it is tied with Avengers for my favorite movie currently.

Honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about. It had fuck tons of intensity.

The flashbacks were actually quite perfect for their purpose. They showed what events shaped Clark to be who he is, without spending half an hour just to show him growing up on the farm. Sure, the thing jumped around a bit with chronological order, but it fit fine.

I know this is a short response to your wall of text, but I just don't know what to say. I just feel like most people didn't really pay attention to the movie.

I'll just let this man speak for me.

I meant to say the great emotionally intense movie.

This movie was just full of people having a mindset that everything that was happening was completely serious business to the point where it made them have less emotion than the outlook had intended. Which is what I meant to say.

Edit:
Also, sorry for getting back so late, I've been focusing my time on Animal Crossing and such. It's been a month since it's been out and it's still receiving a lot of more hate than it deserves for the reasons that I talked about. I just hope this isn't viewed as a bad movie, because it's done a way better job at showing Clark's origin story than any other movie slob-fest has tried.

I meant to say the great emotionally intense movie.

This movie was just full of people having a mindset that everything that was happening was completely serious business to the point where it made them have less emotion than the outlook had intended. Which is what I meant to say.
The world was getting invaded by incredibly powerful aliens. This isn't serious business...?

The world was getting invaded by incredibly powerful aliens. This isn't serious business...?

Meh, it's just me though. I'm just talking about the entire movie in a general view, though. The Clark that Henry played was very emotion-less in both his face expresses and his character showing. He acted more like a hardened-soldier than a person in my opinion. The only two self-redeeming parts of the movie that I found while watching was:
-The part where he allowed his father to die rather than sacrificing his identity to save him.

-The part when he saw Aunt Kent again and met his true father, Jor-El.

But other than that, I just felt as if the characters weren't as emotional as I wanted them to be.

Well.. Maybe except for Louis. She only did something cool once, but that's it.

Back