• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

MetroidJunkie Cool -> Builder

Jeez, you built a lot and u still aren't builder. I made two builds and then got promoted. (Mind you, they were intricate and epic - see my promo request). If you want to get promoted, just build inricate and complex things... Althoguh, the stuff you built there was good enough to warrant a promotion by any standard.
:fuuu:

I can guess what the reason for him not being promoted is. Im just gonna say the admins can be kind of resentful.

Anyway, Metroid I think your builds are awesome. Realistically speaking your 3D builds are not all that amazing but your sprites are something else mate!

I can guess what the reason for him not being promoted is. Im just gonna say the admins can be kind of resentful.

Anyway, Metroid I think your builds are awesome. Realistically speaking your 3D builds are not all that amazing but your sprites are something else mate!

Not so much resentful as you put it, but rather more hesitant. Resentful is rather harsh considering that not all admins were involved in whatever incident went down with Metroid. From the encounters I have had with him, I can safely say that the admins have every right to be hesitant.

Not so much resentful as you put it, but rather more hesitant. Resentful is rather harsh considering that not all admins were involved in whatever incident went down with Metroid. From the encounters I have had with him, I can safely say that the admins have every right to be hesitant.

Oh, come on. I didn't mean to piss you off. Were you in a bad mood at the time? -_o

Oh, come on. I didn't mean to piss you off. Were you in a bad mood at the time? -_o

Ask around on Classic and see how many people will tell you that I am often, "Too Nice".
It takes a bit to get me peeved, when you talk your text wreaks with so much attitude it practically screams at people.
But telling me what I should or shouldn't do in chat on Classic is really rude considering the fact that I had just reverted a bit of grief from your sprite. Calling me "Bro" wasn't the icing on the cake if you would have just let it go, It wouldn't have been such a spectacle but you continued on and called me "Sis", once again your text dripping with attitude. I tend to not let my "moods" whether they be bad or good have any affect on my decisions and actions in Classic.

Ask around on Classic and see how many people will tell you that I am often, "Too Nice".
It takes a bit to get me peeved, when you talk your text wreaks with so much attitude it practically screams at people.
But telling me what I should or shouldn't do in chat on Classic is really rude considering the fact that I had just reverted a bit of grief from your sprite. Calling me "Bro" wasn't the icing on the cake if you would have just let it go, It wouldn't have been such a spectacle but you continued on and called me "Sis", once again your text dripping with attitude. I tend to not let my "moods" whether they be bad or good have any affect on my decisions and actions in Classic.

Whoah, whoah, that was a mistake, I thought you were talking to me. I thought you were telling me to do something. It was all a misunderstanding and I apologize for that. In any case, I only called you sis because calling you bro was, apparently, offensive, so I thought I'd call you something more appropriate. I mean, the admins have fun with each other all the time, I was just trying to be part of that. I didn't realize it was somehow bad for me to try to fit in.

Whether or not you thought I was talking to you, your response wouldn't have been very good even if I was talking to you. It would have probably gone down the same way. Calling me bro isn't really offensive it was the way you said it in which I took offense to, "sis" was just the icing on the cake.

Also, you don't have to keep your mouth shut, just think about what you are going to say before you type it out. Always ask yourself, "Is this going to piss anyone off? Does this sound sarcastically rude?". There is a difference between poking fun and just being rude. I would never want a member of Team9000 to feel like they should keep their mouth shut permanently but there are times when being quiet is the best thing for yourself and others, you just have to learn that happy medium.

I'm sorry, I guess I'm just unfamiliar with the way things work. I mean, I've seen higher ups get away with crap I'd perceive as incredibly rude but it's like I'm always the one in the wrong. Maybe you could help me or something?

Im sorry for bringing this up. Squeebz, I know your first impression of metroid might have not been the best but I can tell he's a good guy from what Ive experienced with him. Even though hes not the "subtle" type he has no bad intentions.

Still, Metroid, you should also learn to watch what you say to others, specially if they dont know you as well as I do. Its basically a matter of trust, maybe squeebz doesnt feel alright with you being all friendly all of a sudden (maybe im wrong) but its just the way things are. Youve seen people like Alimber call ConroD a "poop" but thats because Alimber and ConroD know each other since quite long. I have kicked a couple builders as a little joke but thats because theres trust between us. Trust is built through time, so at the moment youll just have to wait until everyone feels comfortable around you the same way I do. In the mean time you can thrash talk with me all you want, you know im a potassium BROmide.
:mays:

Whether or not you thought I was talking to you, your response wouldn't have been very good even if I was talking to you. It would have probably gone down the same way. Calling me bro isn't really offensive it was the way you said it in which I took offense to, "sis" was just the icing on the cake.

Also, you don't have to keep your mouth shut, just think about what you are going to say before you type it out. Always ask yourself, "Is this going to piss anyone off? Does this sound sarcastically rude?". There is a difference between poking fun and just being rude. I would never want a member of Team9000 to feel like they should keep their mouth shut permanently but there are times when being quiet is the best thing for yourself and others, you just have to learn that happy medium.

I know what you mean. Metroid, don't beat yourself up or anything. The main thing is that you have realised your mistake, and that it was in good humour. I don't know what happened, but just remember: what is OK for you isn't always ok for others. Some dude was saaying how he wanted to draw swastikas everywhere. Now, I don't know if he was joking, but I found that very hurtful. BUt just continue being cool, and you'll get respect. Heck, I've been very polite to the admins, and it's got me somewhere. Flattery gets you everywhere.
Just putting this out there - i think you've got a good sense of humor. the shit we've talked about on Classic's been good.

Thanks for the compliments.

ipwiz5.png

Made a poster of Teen Titans.

I'd jsut like to know, how long (on average) does it take you to make one of these sprites?

Cool... Incidently, I saw your Goku sprite in real life the other day. Nice.
Although, that is not really real life.
Mind blown yet?
:D

2vttmhc.png

Clippy

124h5j6.png

Submarine firing a laser.

Yeah, I know, I'm running out of ideas. XD

4v245x.png

Twisted Wicked kept asking me to draw her skin, so I did. Sort of. ;)

Back