• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Minecarts

I'd like to make a request dealing with minecarts, but not necessarily with this topic, so Allimon sorry to topic jumping, anyways if we, those of us that are parts of towns, put chests down the spawn railway station could we get you, the mods, to fill them. I'd love to put a few double chest's down there for everyone to use and have them stocked, or restocked every so often. I'd really appreciate it because if you die running to close town like Lufenia isn't really all that bad, but it's still annoying; however, running clear out to Norheim would be just... yeah a major major pain. Without the carts to help out it's a nuisance. I'd even be willing to donate some credits to get this taken care of and I'm sure multiple other people would agree with me and potentially even help with credits if need be.

Hmm speaking of that how about you like this, and sign it with your name/number if you might be willing to donate to help the cause.

(Also I'll try to keep an updated list as well)

What you're asking for is rails to other towns, with chests of infinite minecarts, essentially.

Allimon basically I'm just meaning minecarts. We already have the rails to other towns... There's just an abundant shortage of minecarts at all times...

The mod that Auto-enters carts and boats is one of a few that helps majorly with the server lag, which is such a huge problem when you get so many people on a server. I don't know what you are asking will be a possibility or not, but I'll make sure Wooty sees it, but you're better off throwing a Feature request on Mantis.
I'm fine with the mod staying in effect for boats. After seeing the fleet near spawn when I checked during the final day of the previous world, I'm totally ok with it. However, minecarts are harder to spam, due to iron being much less abundant than wood. Besides, the plugin doesn't take into account placing chest/furnace minecarts, logging out in one (I've lost 3 minecarts due to my client crashing), or having a full inventory when exiting one (picking up blocks while riding). In every one of those situations, the minecart is completely deleted.

[...] having a full inventory when exiting one (picking up blocks while riding). In every one of those situations, the minecart is completely deleted.

In fact, that is annoying enough when you're in a boat and you accidentally pick up a lily pad, you get out of the boat and suddenly you don't have a boat any more, and need to make a crafting table so you can make another boat.

Surely in this case, the mod could just drop the boat/minecart as an item (i.e. something you stand near to pick up)? I'm assuming items everywhere is not the thing that is a problem for the server. If it was, people could just spam dirt block items everywhere, there's nothing to prevent that as far as I know.

I'd even be willing to donate some credits to get this taken care of

There are already chests there, so I guess you could just donate actual minecarts.

Or if I'm online, I can deliver a minecart to you at spawn for a small fee :)

First, I don't think a repository of free minecarts would be a thing, unless you stocked it yourself, as iron is much less abundant than wood.

Secondly, I think there were other reasons than just the spammed nasty quantity of boats and minecarts laying around that we instated this mod...but I don't remember. Inquiries shall be made.

I first mentioned this about the minecarts because I thought the admins had access to creative mode, ergo they would be able to stock without worrying about iron. I thought that Iron was a commodity and filling the chests would be resource intensive for us players.

I first mentioned this about the minecarts because I thought the admins had access to creative mode, ergo they would be able to stock without worrying about iron. I thought that Iron was a commodity and filling the chests would be resource intensive for us players.
You can keep a few extra minecarts in a chest near spawn. Spending iron ingots for minecarts won't kill you.

I know this theo... I was just trying to talk to the admins and work with everyone to have them stocked... anyways there'll be minecarts at spawn soonish...

JMAL, its not a matter of whether or not the minecarts can be spawned, its a matter of the fact that they are a piece of the game, and providing an unlimited free supply would remove an aspect of the game that we want to be there. Yes this overall isn't a perfect system, but it is still a system that needs to stay in balance.

ok then thanks anyways... Was just something I was asking about... I appreciate it. Anyways just an FYI for everyone there is a full chest at Ascension and Resort railway, and then a full chest in Lufenia, at the railway station.

On a side note I'd like to get permission to build at the spawn so I get chests set up for the existing railways, and also to work on the railway to Lufenia...

On a side note I'd like to get permission to build at the spawn so I get chests set up for the existing railways, and also to work on the railway to Lufenia...
Would be useless as spawn region denies access to chests. So you would need to add everyone.
Also, i noticed you tried the "sign list" - good reason is the best leverage around here.

well I figured the reason was clear enough... I'm sure we could figure something out for the chests just like the other railway heads, and I would still need access to remove blocks, The railway path is planned to be 5 square wide...

well I figured the reason was clear enough... I'm sure we could figure something out for the chests just like the other railway heads, and I would still need access to remove blocks, The railway path is planned to be 5 square wide...

Just keep a personal cart on you, spending 3 iron to make a cart won't kill you and just place the chest outside of the protected zone, it's simple.

Having to spend iron on a minecart is not a bug needing to be fixed. It is part of the game. Deal with it.
The real issues here are the limitations of the minecart plugin, which do remove elements of the game. Movement of animals, items, and villagers via minecart is no longer possible, meaning that moving them over large-distances a pain (especially for villagers, which won't follow an equipped item like animals would). Beyond this are the destructive bugs that this plugin creates.

ok well everyone keeps saying about "spend iron" and what not, so please just stop. I personally filled the chest's at spawn so everyone has minecarts, and have been trying to check them every day or few days to make sure they aren't depleted too badly, because I'll fill them again. So with the whole "spend iron" comment just please stop I'm not a cheap skate like that.

ok well everyone keeps saying about "spend iron" and what not, so please just stop. I personally filled the chest's at spawn so everyone has minecarts, and have been trying to check them every day or few days to make sure they aren't depleted too badly, because I'll fill them again. So with the whole "spend iron" comment just please stop I'm not a cheap skate like that.
This thread had nothing to do with making minecarts, so please stop trying to derail it.

I only really see two issues with carts as they are:
-Because of auto-entering, you can't really "push-start" them as you would normally
-Non-residents of protected areas can't place carts within the area

Back