• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

MineCraft Build Museum

ok so I have been working on the Deathstar for about a week now and i am done with the exterior and am now working on the interior.

screenshot_20101206224148.png

screenshot_20101206224202.png

screenshot_20101206224219.png

screenshot_20101206224252.png

here is the inside of the bottom level with the elevator
screenshot_20101206224316.png

inside of elevator looking up
screenshot_20101206224325.png

inside looking at the core and up most level so far
screenshot_20101206224344.png

inside of shaft that leads to core
screenshot_20101206224422.png

inside, closer look at the core
screenshot_20101206224437.png

I have a lot more interior left to do but thus far i have done quite a bit
Salfa_Romeaab has also helped a lot on the exterior

how do you guys build sprites is it just artistic ability or do you copy the picture or is there a program that shows you the process of how to make it?

I've been working on this 25x25x75 office building on Cool8. Two main elevators, two minor elevators, a staircase, and 8 floors (I think). Nothing too special, but it took a pretty long time:

25yvrdj.png

Lobby
2uotmar.png

All of the floors except the lobby and the top floor have a big, red "WORK" on the back wall.
14xexd5.png

Every floor except for the lobby and the top 2 floors looks like this (more or less). Lots of cubicles, an office, and a little break area:
2rdfg5t.png

The second to top floor is the executive floor with the first minor elevator (the gold blocks) to the boss room. Also has a slightly better break area:
2ipw2c.png

The boss room from the front looking back:
29mlkle.png

The boss room from the back looking front. The water column is the second minor elevator that goes to the roof:
jgr39t.png

The roof:
k314rm.png

The roof with the building's helicopter flying away:
2cgyiw8.png

I also made a 100x100 monopoly board underground on Cool3, but when I got on to take pictures the next day, Cool3 didn't exist anymore :(

My starcraft fleet (effectively a giant griefer trap XD):

Also have plans for a full space invaders build, but can't find the room...

EDIT

Found room in the form of a new guest world!

Very large. Props to casham (I think) for finishing the last bit of background!

ok this is my first sprite EVAAARR!!! Lugia from Pokemon

I'm hoping this might make me go to artist... if not then I'll just make summoar!!!

Groozer Falls, around 12k blocks (located in cool8)
screenshot_20101209162157.png

screenshot_20101209162144.png

screenshot_20101209162131.png

Cathedral, around 40k blocks (located in cool9, WIP)
screenshot_20101209163710.png

screenshot_20101209163656.png

A giant Christmas tree with presents underneath, located on Cool9. I can't remember how high it is, I think it reaches the limit. And the base of the tree (not the trunk) is something like 50 or 60 blocks in diameter. Also, there is an opening in the trunk and you can take a spiral staircase to the very top of the tree.
veojtt.png

For chippy5964 /naruto
28wf6rq.png

2wokvfb.png

zx017k.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

My cathedral [special thanks to cash and ice for digging it out]
screenshot_20101210211555.png

screenshot_20101210211543.png

screenshot_20101210211527.png

screenshot_20101210211518.png

screenshot_20101210211509.png

screenshot_20101210211449.png

The edited spawn @ cool9 :3 [didn't make that pokemon thing ;p]
screenshot_20101210211646.png

screenshot_20101210211650.png

And my awesome tunnel to get to my cathedral :eek:
screenshot_20101210211536.png

My Latest creation: A Fish Bowl. It took about 6hrs to make. It's located in Guest 45. I don't have WoM, so I didn't fly or anything, I built it brick by brick. Many thanks to TheChrisHill for putting the water in my bowl.

fishbowl4.png

That's the outside. It's almost at the height limit. I built the stand and the bowl, which is another glass sphere (and will probably be my last glass sphere for some time) and is about 30meters in diameter.

fishbowl3.png

That's a close view of the base. That's my name etched in it...backwards...I kinda put my name in the base while on the top, so if you looked down on the base without the bowl, you can read my name without any problems.

fishbowl2.png

That's a up-close shot of the bowl. It doesn't look very pretty up close, I suppose.

fishbowl1.png

That's the inside of the bowl. There's a palm tree and a castle for the little fishy...which doesn't exist. I may go back and figure out how to make a goldfish and put it in there. For now, it is vacant.

At first, i made this snow cannon cuz of all the snow in guest41? (wutever its in) but there was a TON of griefers, so instead i made it a "nuclear snow cannon". notice the green in the giant cannon-snowball. afterwords, i would start saying tht i was taking aim at all griefers and trolls, and would start yelling FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! :D

0killerx-65.jpg

0killerx-66.jpg

0killerx-67.jpg

0killerx-68.jpg

0killerx-69.jpg

0killerx-70.jpg

A couple of works by me, IrishmanMJD (Don on the credits), and MusicFreak255 (or maybe those aren't the right numbers, but I think they are - and he's D$ on the credits, btw). The castle was started by me but very collaborative, the warp pipe/block by Irish but likewise a group work. Although the castle is more Zelda influenced, the overall theme is Marioland - the psychedelic warp pipe (which you can drop into through the question mark box) leads to a warp tunnel that comes out in the castle courtyard. From there, you can head descend a staircase to the hall of the mountain king, with a lovely view of our in-progress ravine, or head upwards and over to the double tower, where an improbable walkway winds upwards around a central pillar. The top of the walkway leads to a glass path which stops at our neighboring tower before bringing you all the way back to the warp pipe.

Fun stuff.

We're trying to get promoted to the point where we can clear large sections of blocks conveniently, so ambitious projects like this won't take a million eternities. Hopefully our blood and sweat will amount to something. There are a million details these pictures can't express, so come visit the castle on Guest46 (Irish still hasn't been promoted to Cool, so we're kind of sunk on real estate for the moment) if you want to see more. Enjoy!

castle1.png

castle2.png

castle3.png

castle5c.png

castle6e.png

throneroom.png

castle10.png

castle8.png

pipe1.png

pipe2.png

castle11.png

pipeandcastle.png

Everything you see is very much a work in progress - the silly cone tower will soon be replaced, and the ravine will be fleshed out with correct coloring and an extravagant amount of detail and extra set pieces in the next couple days. Good luck to all creators out there. Horrible death, probably involving fire ants replacing insulin, to all griefers out there. More posts as the situation develops. Peace y'all.

a 1:1 pixel art creation of the original 8 bit Master Cheif.
took around 4 hours to make
its located in world cool 10 in the furthest back right corner :)
hope you enjoy looking at it =P
mastercheifpixelart.jpg

Back