Minecraft Classic Shutdown Announcement

Classic, I recall with fondness just how seriously some of us used to take you, and the rages that you inspired. We had fun back in the day, but I traded you in for a newer model a long time ago. Maybe things would have been different if I had known then what I know now. But, it's too late. You're gone. Rest in peace.

Does anyone remember the dimensions of the typical Guest world? I am mostly interested in the height.

Pretty sure the default was 256x256x128.I remember saving a few one time and had to actually label the file with the dimensions for MCEdit to be able to open them correctly.

Some interesting stats:

- The Guest worlds alone have been encoded into a 239838 frame long video at 60 fps, meaning it lasts over 60 minutes o_o.
- Six of the frames were corrupt and were replaced with duplicates of the previous frame.
- Guest 1 - 47, 81 - 300, 358 - 386, and 535 never had their histories recorded due to various technical issues at the time, and thus consist of only one frame.

I need to trick RSMV into editing this. >_>

I was hoping they'd make a world dedicated to cats before this would happen. xD

R.I.P MC Classic, may your slumber be a peaceful one.

There are 400,000 PNGs that need to be encoded into a video format for the timelapse. This is going to take a while.

I need to trick RSMV into editing this. >_>

Kinda curious how you're doing/editing the video. A tip that makes putting all the images into a video and having no need for resizing (if you're using sony vegas/don't know)

Options > Preferences > Editing and under that you can change the length of images and they can be set to small lengths. So you could paste all the images into it and you could make them small enough to where it skips over multiple frames/screenshots but with keeping resampling enabled would make it seem more smoothed/blended together and keeping the video shorter.

7idHX.png

Kinda curious how you're doing/editing the video. A tip that makes putting all the images into a video and having no need for resizing (if you're using sony vegas/don't know)

Options > Preferences > Editing and under that you can change the length of images and they can be set to small lengths. So you could paste all the images into it and you could make them small enough to where it skips over multiple frames/screenshots but with keeping resampling enabled would make it seem more smoothed/blended together and keeping the video shorter.

7idHX.png

Just try importing 300,000 images into vegas and see what happens ;). By "take a while," I didn't mean "take me a while to do manually." I meant "take this dedicated server a while because there's just so much data."

find ordered/ -print0 | xargs -0 -n 50 -P 4 mogrify -path ./ordered_processed/ -background none -gravity Center -shave 2x2 -gravity South -extent 2048x1280 -define png:format=png32

avconv -r 60 -i "ordered_processed/%07d.png" -c:v libx264 -preset ultrafast -threads 4 -pix_fmt yuv420p -qp 0 output.mp4

find ordered/ -print0 | xargs -0 -n 50 -P 4 mogrify -path ./ordered_processed/ -background none -gravity Center -shave 2x2 -gravity South -extent 2048x1280 -define png:format=png32

avconv -r 60 -i "ordered_processed/%07d.png" -c:v libx264 -preset ultrafast -threads 4 -pix_fmt yuv420p -qp 0 output.mp4
I understood some of that

I can't wait to see this. I was pretty proud of that thanksgiving table dinner build. It was also kind of fun for me and some of my friends being inside the "cooked turkey"

Glad i came back a while ago and made it up 2 awesome before the end. and got to be there for the countdown. was truly fun and enjoyed it all. good luck every one. until next time

Back