• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Minetopia Renovation Agency: Renovating the city of Minetopia.

CorollaE12

Me and a friend (GreatFelix) have been playing in Minetopia rather actively for the last week or so.
One thing we've seen is that the city has had a griefer problem in the past,
and this may have put off newer people from living here.

We have started a company called the Minetopia Renovation Agency. (M.R.A)

This company aims at:
-Repairing damage done by griefers,
-Renovating buildings that have turned into complete ruins,
-Fixing the roads that are in the city.

Our current office building used to be a ruin that only had two walls left,
it is a perfectly functional three story building today!

Some other abandoned buildings have been renovated and are waiting for new owners today!
As you enter the Minetopia portal, follow the signs to our office, there's a list of co-ordinates to buildings that we have renovated, some of these are available for anyone to use or live in, any doors are unlocked and can be locked by the new owners.
You can also leave co-ordinates in our office (just don't "lock" your signs) and we will have a look at the building to see what we can do with it.

This renovation business started only a few days ago,
We're aiming at making the whole city of Minetopia a great place to live in once again!

I will post some screenshots of our work later on.

~CorollaE12 - M.R.A Manager.

We are based very near the embassy. We have signs up on the board to the left of the portal, if you are looking at that board and turn right, go through the wooden guard tower, we are based a few blocks forward and on the right of the guard tower, in a 3 storey cobblestone and wooden planked office. Pay it a visit sometime! The bottom floor is open and we intend to put up the co-ords of buildings we renovate on the wall in there. Currently the top 2 floors and a side room are locked off to the public as office and storage space.

If you can contribute anything such as cobblestone, smoothstone, wood, glass, coal, clay- literally anything at all, please contact either me or Corolla. If we aren't online and you dont want to hang around or hold onto anything then please leave a chest in our HQ, but please leave it unlocked, or password protect it and send either me or Corolla the password on the forums via PM so we can access what is in the chest and then remove the chest, which may well be used itself!

Thanks for the support ladies and gentlemen! :)

Here's some screenshots of some things we've done so far.

Here's a project that's not finished yet.
The Eagle Pass embassy is the building on the left in the first picture, with the red banners.
3before1.png

3before2.png

The Eagle Pass building in Minetopia,
in the front, 2 buildings that we've worked on.
00Eagle.png

And finally a picture of the main square where most of our work is organised from.
the M.R.A office can be seen on the right.
00Square.png

Help is always good of course.
Whether that's repairing griefer damage,
full-on renovations of ruined buildings as either an M.R.A member or just "by yourself".
or of course, by donations to the M.R.A as we work out of what we collect,
we never have a lot of material stored for renovations, most of it is done out of our own personal storage :p

Check out the office sometime at X131 Z204, or by following the signs starting at the portal.

Warning:
If you want to donate to the M.R.A, please do so to GreatFelix or me in person for the next few days.
A griefer (adam42591) returned to my house and the M.R.A office to grief again (last time was 4 days ago)

Donations were made to the M.R.A last night, but the contents of the chest were stolen.
My house was flooded as it's one block below the water level, and the wall was torn out.

Keep an eye out for that griefer, he also griefed the Eagle Pass Embassy in Minetopia earlier.
M.R.A activities might slow down a little until these problems are resolved.

Sorry about the picture quality but here's a house in the east(Follow the skypath)
Map:93,38,0
Notch:48,0,-94

Attachments

• M.R.A house 1.png
    M.R.A house 1.png
    289.8 KB · Views: 128
Can I be part of this, I am opening a chain of shops called ITALAYS EXCHANGE, you'll see the sign posts leading to my store from the Minetopia Portal, althought it won't be finished for a while :D

Thanks for all the help and support guys. We're still going strong :) Sorting out some landscapes at the moment (Places where houses may used to have been but have been griefed so badly for materials they are beyond repair)

Thanks a lot for the support! :)

I went to a griefed house today (it was reported through a sign in our office building) but it was so badly damaged that it was hard to see what the original state of the building was.
Some damage done to the roads in the area was repaired as well.
A lot of the roads around our area are surrounded by water, it gets quite annoying when people break up the road.

And as I'm writing this post, I'm looking at a building next to the large hotel, which has some minor griefer damage.

That's what most of my work has been lately, repairing griefer damage rather than doing any full-on renovations of ruined buildings, but at least I'm still going at it! :)

I just met Tha Professor and TheXRaptor ingame, it's nice to see some more friendly faces in Minetopia. :)
I'll post a few screenshots of recent repairs/renovations soon, gotta update the in-game coordinate list as well.

Alot of people have been flooding minetopia..very frusterating.
Theirs also alot of leftover buildings, that crowd the inner city, with no reason for being their.
Many unattended for some time now.
I generally head back to Minetopia, after the weekend to fix my office.
After the weekend is done, its time to try to fix things.
U can usually see me around their early in the week.

Screenshots of a recent griefer repair, this building is inactive as far as I know, and it has been repaired at least 2 times in the past.

The building is located next to the hotel in Minetopia, there was a small hole in the roof and a 2x2 hole in the wall.
mrarep1_1.jpg

Had to make my way up along the exterior, left a sign explaining what I was doing incase someone walked by. :p
mrarep1_2.jpg

Fixed the roof, fixed the hole in the wall and removed my temporary 'stairs'.
The building is all done, and looking good again. :)
mrarep1_3.jpg

Back