• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Minetopia Renovation Agency: Renovating the city of Minetopia.

Minetopia Damage Report
Due to the cities being moved to the outlands Minetopia now has a problem.
1.Houses bordering Minetopia have been damaged(Seen at least 3 incidents)
2.Houses in Minetopia have been damaged(Lots)
3.Locks have been reset(Everyone)
4.Mobs can now acess minetopia and some have spawned in buildings
So this means that there will probaly be an increase in griefers and mobs.
Now I have to go and build a new house as two of my 4 outlands houses(and the bigest two at that)have been destroyed.

I think I could call this current situation a bit of a crisis;
All my locks were reset and before I got home, most of my stuff was stolen from my chests.
My other buildings, including the MRA office, had some of its items stolen as well.

the MRA is (temporarily) closed now, while I wonder if it's any use to continue the job.
I'll have a look at how badly my buildings get griefed after I re-locked everything.
if it becomes a total grief fest, I fear the worst.

This really is the worst update ever, a 2-person renovation crew can't fix everything around minetopia at this point.
and with no resources left due to griefing, we'd like to ask people to try and fix damaged houses that you see along the city, we're not taking item donations at this time until we're sure that the M.R.A is even going to continue it's work.

omg!! where the locks reset at all the cities??
Yes, all the locks were reset.

basically the outlands locks were reset, but as the cities are now a part of the outlands, they got reset as well.
I lost my diamonds and some other rare/expensive items in my house, my shop was griefed (furniture shop) and the MRA storage and offices were griefed.
I locked everything back up, this time including the front door of the MRA building as it's temporarily closed at least until I get organized again.

This really blows for some of the people that don't log in every day, as they probably won't have a single item left in their houses before they realize that their locks were reset.

the original entrance/portal to Minetopia is in the middle of the city, as the new entrance is along a wall, a new road probably has to be built as well so the city can have a proper entrance once again.
I'm not even sure if there's a gate somewhere, mobs were attacking me so I broke through a wall to get to safety.

All the protections and chest contents should have been copied over to the new outlands minetopia. If you haven't already I recommend checking again.

yeah passwords and locks seem to have returned, one of the chests that I left "unlocked" has been locked by the system, so the locks were reinstated just fine now.

But the chest contents: they're not copied at all, I still lost all the good stuff I had in my home, my company, and the M.R.A.

The thread isn't defunct until I say I'm ending it.
It's temporarily closed until the server is actually running smoothly again.
Got kicked back to some random spawn near oxytown a few times now.
once for opening one of my chests while holding a piece of paper, which "teleported" me into the chest and crashed the game.
I log back on, and I'm over 3000 blocks from Minetopia. >.>

that's been happening a little too much recently, one the server runs the way it should be, I should be able to restart my work with the M.R.A.

minetopia does not exist anymore, so you guys should put your efforts toward making a new town

Yeah so I guess this thread IS defunct now, as there's no more Minetopia, there's no Minetopia Renovation Agency either.
Due to problems with my java plugin, I can't spend the amount of time online that'd be needed to start a whole new city.
The M.R.A is defunct, there's nothing to renovate in this new world.

If anyone starts a town called Minetopia, I'll happily come live there, but I'm not likely to help a whole lot in developing the town.

As this hasn't appeared anywere else.I can safley say that the most likley site will be near my House,which cocidently is called fort minetopia.

I live close to you now, but I really gotta learn how this new world works now.
Is there some place on this site or a command on the server where I can see how the lock system (if there even is one) works?
I'm a bit confused with this new wold now. :p

I'm going to have to look into that, then.
If you buy a plot of land, are the doors/chests on your private piece of land automaticly locked against others?
I mean, there has to be some anti-grief system, right? ;)

I'll study up on how the new system works a bit, then get me a proper house going, one that I actually "own".

I've began work on a city that I,ve decided to call New Minetopia.I don't have enough money to pay for it so it's unofficial for now.When I'm on I'll give you directions.

Attachments

• 2011-07-14_19.03.48.png
    2011-07-14_19.03.48.png
    165.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 2011-07-14_19.04.09.png
    2011-07-14_19.04.09.png
    167 KB · Views: 121
  • 2011-07-14_19.04.17.png
    2011-07-14_19.04.17.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 2011-07-14_19.04.19.png
    2011-07-14_19.04.19.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 2011-07-14_19.04.23.png
    2011-07-14_19.04.23.png
    175.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 2011-07-14_19.05.25.png
    2011-07-14_19.05.25.png
    163.2 KB · Views: 153
Corolla you and your organization proved to be loyal to your home city and did amazing things for it, keeping it looking brand new even though it was actually a place that was frequently griefed. I can't think of a city that wouldn't want you citizens.

Back