Mortal Online

DooMake

Anyone got this game? This has got to be the most unique MMORPG there is. The combat system is like Oblivion's, you click to strike with your sword and as far as I remember, you block with right mouse button. Your character can be a melee fighter, an archer or a mage. And then there are professions like blacksmithing, woodcutting and the like.

Advanced skills can be learnt by reading books, bought from a shop. Skill can be trained by doing stuff related to the skill. For example, if you want to train woodcutting, cut down some trees. Skill can also be unlearned, returning you skill points to spend on other skills.

As for the PvP, basically there are no PvP zones, you are free to fight anything you come across. You can also pickpocket other players as long as they don't notice you and call the guards (if you're in a city).

And how MO, in a bit of a bad way, differs the most from other MMORPGs; when I was playing the free beta there was nothing to prevent you from seeing yourself, and other players, completely naked (I think they have now added a filter in case you get annoyed).

Hell, at night-time there even was a naked player, wearing only a steel helmet and a sword, riding his brown horse and killing noobs from horseback. Just imagine my horror when I was walking in a dark forest, and suddenly, a dark figure emerges from the shadows, the sound of a galloping horse can be heard and swoosh, The Horse Whisperer (code name I had to develop with my friend due to multiple ambushes) kills me with one single strike from his sword. And all stuff in inventory is lost...

Please note all this is from my experiences from the beta some time ago, and things could have changed a bit.
I plan on buying Mortal Online when I get a new computer, and I recommend you to at least try out the trial version if you like MMORPGs and have grown tired of WoW or a similiar MMORPG. It's a really nice change. And oh, you can even build houses.

I see: I also came across this a moment ago: http://www.brighthub.com/video-games/mmo/reviews/67137.aspx a review on Mortal Online.

"I don’t believe I have ever played a more frustrating game with such a cool concept than Star Vaults depressingly bad Mortal Online. This game is so bad on so many levels I almost don’t know where to begin, but I certainly know what I want to tell every gamer out there who even thinks about playing this game: Don’t ever think about playing Mortal Online! "

I see: I also came across this a moment ago: http://www.brighthub.com/video-games/mmo/reviews/67137.aspx a review on Mortal Online.

"I don’t believe I have ever played a more frustrating game with such a cool concept than Star Vaults depressingly bad Mortal Online. This game is so bad on so many levels I almost don’t know where to begin, but I certainly know what I want to tell every gamer out there who even thinks about playing this game: Don’t ever think about playing Mortal Online! "
Hah, sounds like that guy didn't quite like MO... but I enjoyed the game. As for the lagginess he mentioned in the review, I merely experienced any lagginess. And when he complained that you can't reach a town alive to sell your goods, that just adds to the survival experience which I find being one of the best things about MO.

So...PVP everywhere? I don't like that, unless I had a group of trusted people with me to fight off anyone who would run around killing stragglers, which is doubtful. I'll pass.

So...PVP everywhere? I don't like that, unless I had a group of trusted people with me to fight off anyone who would run around killing stragglers, which is doubtful. I'll pass.

no pvp everywhere is awesome and this game had huge potential but the game is just outright FAIL.

Please keep in mind i bought the collectors edition I WANTED TO LOVE THIS GAME but its just terrible.

Oh and the game has gone seriously down hill since beta its not the same game

Back