Motivating Yourself

My last boyfriend purposely demotivated me from doing anything with my life. He discouraged me from going to college, going out and doing new things, seeing a therapist, anything that would make my life better. When I thought about going to Job Corps, he told me I was too sensitive and weak to hack it there. He purposely hindered me multiple times because he was afraid that if I made anything of myself, that I'd decide he wasn't good enough and leave him. He also didn't want me being near other men.
So in some cases, one significant other is hindrance and not a help.
I guess I should say that when you're with the right significant other, they will motivate you. Otherwise they aren't the one for you. :)

Whenever I want to motivate myself, I think of John Maclean. During fitniss training while cycling near his hometown, John was hit by an 8-ton truck. The impact resulted in several breaks to his back and pelvis, punctured lungs, a broken arm, and a fractured sternum. He was forced to spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair, paralyzed from the waist down. But despite these challanges, John became the first wheelchair athlete to swim the English Channel. He completed a wolrd championship for open water paddling, and he even raced in the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race. To this day, John Maclean remains one of the worlds most inspiring athletes.
So if I ever get tired of something, I think to myself... John Maclean did some amazing stuff. And he had a disability. The man was able to spend a lot of time and effort on something that experts thought impossible. So if he can do it... why can't I?

I kinda have a flowchart that is a motivation tool.

1. Is the action desirable?
Yes: Go to step 2
No: Go to step 3
2. Is its outcome predictably favorable?
Yes: Go to step 4
No: Go to step 5.
3. Is it optional?
Yes: Don't do it
No: Do it
4. Does it involve something dangerous?
Yes: Don't do it
No: Do it
5. Is the outcome unpredictable or unknown?
Yes: Choose Wisely
No: Go to step 3

Tell me if I should add something!

I just want to add, that you don't always know if the outcome will be favorable or not. Sometimes one has certain expectations of how things are supposed to go, and they embark on something, only to have it not turn out as planned or expected. And sometimes, one thinks something will be a disaster, when it turns out great.

I just want to add, that you don't always know if the outcome will be favorable or not. Sometimes one has certain expectations of how things are supposed to go, and they embark on something, only to have it not turn out as planned or expected. And sometimes, one thinks something will be a disaster, when it turns out great.
Flowchart edited to accommodate unpredictable outcomes.

Back