• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Mumble mumble mumble...

Bored

Sadly it would seem that mumble has become quite a ghostly place with muted/deafened afkers and private rooms for days. Just wondering what's going on to deter people from getting onto mumble anymore? If it's because "Oh this person isn't on, so I'm not going to be on." syndrome then that could be part of the issue of domino effecting the masses I suppose. Anyways just ranting about how boring it is on here at night now >.<.

Mumble's been shitting out lately

0bc98d42a2.png

Think woot fixed it but people should be on more often now. But yeah what mcfar said, not much community stuff. I don't have any community based events that would involve a lot of people. We need a brainstorm secession.

Too many rooms, just need Lobby (open lobby of course, not the lobby we have now) and Ponybob room :D

Too many rooms, just need Lobby (open lobby of course, not the lobby we have now) and Ponybob room :D
That was something I don't understand. Why there wasn't a main room specified where everyone talks and a afk room made specifically to do the purpose that the lobby currently does. Instead the should be lobby currently moves around from room to room and sometimes that room happens to be a 18+ or private room excluding people who just want to generally chat or listen.

Woot, is there any way to make the thing I just said a possibility?

I've been using my own mumble server because of the issues t9k's has been having, along with bracabrad and sundragon. If T9k's is fixed we should be back tomorrow.

Meh besides being borked I have to agree with bored and say that it has been kinda dead for the past few days before it broke. hell If I didn't know better I would say it is rare that mumble breaks 20-30 people on at one time. I enjoy having my own room so I don't annoy the other people who want to talk about other things (or in most cases not talk about anything). I'm not sure if an open lobby is the answer but something needs to change. I almost hate to say this but mumble is following the classic server trend and that kinda shows a pattern that is rather worrying to say in the least.

Meh besides being borked I have to agree with bored and say that it has been kinda dead for the past few days before it broke. hell If I didn't know better I would say it is rare that mumble breaks 20-30 people on at one time. I enjoy having my own room so I don't annoy the other people who want to talk about other things (or in most cases not talk about anything). I'm not sure if an open lobby is the answer but something needs to change. I almost hate to say this but mumble is following the classic server trend and that kinda shows a pattern that is rather worrying to say in the least.

The main issue is we're not doing anything with mumble.

When we had Survival, we had town rooms with 10 people talking and discussing.

Since now-a-days, we're all doing separate things, mumble has lost it's purpose, it seems.

The reason I don't mumble is because it's impossible to say anything and be heard with 10 different conversations going on in the same room. No point in me joining if all I'd be doing is listening and not being included in anything.

The reason I don't mumble is because it's impossible to say anything and be heard with 10 different conversations going on in the same room. No point in me joining if all I'd be doing is listening and not being included in anything.
I'd talk about ponies just for you :3.

If I'm unmuted, feel free to come say hi. I will talk to you...or realize I'm doing something else and mute right away...one or the other ;-)

If y'all catch mumble down again before I do, open a mantis ticket.

One, which is a personal issue, is that I forget that Mumble exists most of the time. It's not a habit of mine to start it up along with my computer.

Two, which is a more public reason, is that Mumble consists mostly of private chatrooms the last time I checked. Many people are locked away in their own rooms with one or two other people there at most, as opposed to everyone gathering in a large public chat room.

And three, I'm not sure how well I do with small talk. I certainly show up every game night and talk up a storm, but on a day-to-day basis, I don't have much to discuss.

Two, which is a more public reason, is that Mumble consists mostly of private chatrooms the last time I checked. Many people are locked away in their own rooms with one or two other people there at most, as opposed to everyone gathering in a large public chat room.

And three, I'm not sure how well I do with small talk. I certainly show up every game night and talk up a storm, but on a day-to-day basis, I don't have much to discuss.

My room is always open.

Also, show up be like "hey lets game"

I've not been on in a while. Maybe a year. I stopped getting on regularly because of my son's birth and that has changed how much free time I have anymore, and so I've had to prioritize what I want to do. I've always enjoyed talking with you all, but it is hit-and-miss when I may find someone. Also, there is no way you'll find me anywhere near awake after 10:30PM (EST) anymore if you're lucky.

I suppose I could get on more often, but it'd be for a limited time at best.

Also, I don't think my mic works anymore.

And I'm old. There's no other old people to talk about old people things like why this part of my body itches, or if it's normal for this weird thing to grow here, or would I be better off putting my funds in a deferred annuity, or should I put it in some mutual funds and play the markets.

Back