NaNoWriMo

ollee

Has anyone around these parts ever participated? I'm tossing the idea around of doing it this year and was curious as to who had done so(if any) around these parts...

Has anyone around these parts ever participated? I'm tossing the idea around of doing it this year and was curious as to who had done so(if any) around these parts...
Krylani has participated in it, used to talk to me about her progress in it. I can direct her to this thread, she'd probably be interested in talking about it :p

I was going to start signing up for an account but I just don't think I can write a novel in a month, but anyway, why? Do you need help?

I was going to start signing up for an account but I just don't think I can write a novel in a month, but anyway, why? Do you need help?
Most people don't make a novel in a month, but the point is for people to try.

A key point is its a short novel in a month, 50,000 words which equates to about 175 pages of your standard print size novels. It is attainable, very much so...and even so, it is at least a goal to push yourself for if you are a writer and writing.

While I am thinking of doing it this year, David, I was more so just curious if anyone had. Striking conversation...participating in forums. That sort of thing.

ok... now that i've looked up :p no i have not. i personally am not a writer. when i do though, i make sure to make it good. so if anyone would like help, i would love to!

I had thought about participating but I have the same excuse as anyone who doesn't read/write a lot. I can't find the time. It's a great idea and I hope a lot of people participate.

Considering the fact that I've been trying to write completed stories for years but never was able to get down and just finish them, this sounded like the perfect opportunity to do so. c:

I had thought about participating but I have the same excuse as anyone who doesn't read/write a lot. I can't find the time. It's a great idea and I hope a lot of people participate.
See, there is this guy, Ze Frank. He makes youtube videos(look him up). He has this saying: FILDI, Fuck It Let's Do It! I feel this is a very good thing to apply to life. If it is something you want to do, do it.

Considering the fact that I've been trying to write completed stories for years but never was able to get down and just finish them, this sounded like the perfect opportunity to do so. c:
DO IT!!! It is great motivation to just power through that first draft, and not get hung up on everything being perfect, because it is a FIRST draft, not everything is perfect!

See, there is this guy, Ze Frank. He makes youtube videos(look him up). He has this saying: FILDI, Fuck It Let's Do It! I feel this is a very good thing to apply to life. If it is something you want to do, do it.

DO IT!!! It is great motivation to just power through that first draft, and not get hung up on everything being perfect, because it is a FIRST draft, not everything is perfect!
Trust me, the only reason I do anything is because I have "FUCK IT!!!" running through my head.

It reminds me of the Ludum Dare competitions. I love the idea of creating a piece of work from scratch in a short time limit. I don't think I'm capable of writing a novel in a month, but I do like watching other people's progress through Youtube and what not.

There was someone who used to be on here who mentioned this last year...I forget his name...he also did the game awards blog. Lemme see if I can find his name...

FOUND HIM: this guy pl4t0

I've been considering this for a while now. :) The problem I've been finding, however, is that I hit a mental block, just as the story begins to take shape, and I eventually lose focus. :(

I have no interest in writing but I will read pretty much anything in a short time frame, so long as the reading keeps me interested. So if anyone requires readers, Ill take a shot at that.

There was someone who used to be on here who mentioned this last year...I forget his name...he also did the game awards blog. Lemme see if I can find his name...

FOUND HIM: this guy pl4t0
I really, really miss that guy. I understand this post is off-topic, but I just felt the urge to say that I miss Pl4t0's spectacular writing that made Vorsprung seem like babybacon.

Back