Need some help

Ok I've gotten a tad bit further with the Headphone issue. I installed some recommended Drivers and the Headphones show up on the list, but now sound neither comes out of the headphones or the speakers. Some of you guys have this computer right? How do I get the sound to work?
Headphones_zps2df003cc.png

EDIT: Never mind the speakers still work I just need to enable them and select them as the audio source but doing that for the headphones doesn't work

I tried contacting Asus about the Windows thing and this is what they told me:
"Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
My name is Ellie and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

Windows 8 product key appears to be a default product key and it is done with a new process. There is no need for Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker or product key. It is written in the motherboard, once the system is installed, it will be activated.

For the problem, please recover your system to factory state with the steps below.
1. Place your mouse in the top or lower-right corner of your display, or press Windows+C shortcut. The Charms will appear. Click Settings Charm.
2. Click "Change PC settins" at the bottom of your display.
3. On the left side menu, click "General."
4. Scroll down on the right side, and click "Get started" button underneath "Remove everything and reinstall Windows."
Please remember to backup the important data before you do the recovery. "

Does that at all seem like a reasonable thing to do? O-O

Does that at all seem like a reasonable thing to do? O-O

If you've not installed a bunch of programs or uploaded a slew of files to your laptop yet, then I don't see why this wouldn't hurt to try. When you got the laptop it should have already been at factory settings.

I tried contacting Asus about the Windows thing and this is what they told me:
"Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
My name is Ellie and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

Windows 8 product key appears to be a default product key and it is done with a new process. There is no need for Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker or product key. It is written in the motherboard, once the system is installed, it will be activated.

For the problem, please recover your system to factory state with the steps below.
1. Place your mouse in the top or lower-right corner of your display, or press Windows+C shortcut. The Charms will appear. Click Settings Charm.
2. Click "Change PC settins" at the bottom of your display.
3. On the left side menu, click "General."
4. Scroll down on the right side, and click "Get started" button underneath "Remove everything and reinstall Windows."
Please remember to backup the important data before you do the recovery. "

Windows Genuine Advantage is yet another reason why I HATE windows. (I do not use Eye-Patch editions or keys of any software so there is no way around this for me)

If you've not installed a bunch of programs or uploaded a slew of files to your laptop yet, then I don't see why this wouldn't hurt to try. When you got the laptop it should have already been at factory settings.

If you still have activation issues after doing this then contact ASUS support again. If that does not work then contact Microsoft support. If that also does not work then buy and install a boxed copy of Windows 7. If that does not work then stick Linux Mint on it or return it and buy a new Macbook.

Try contacting the company that refurbished it. I think it was Amazon, so give them a call.

If that does not work then stick Linux Mint on it or return it and buy a new Macbook.
Why would she buy a Macbook when she specifically didn't want another one?

Also Linux isn't much of a help either in regards to what she wants to do with it.

Try contacting the company that refurbished it. I think it was Amazon, so give them a call.
Well, I did try contacting Best_Tech_Express before Asus (Best_Tech_Express being the Amazon seller I got the laptop from), and this is the series of emails I got from them:
BestTech1_zps14a30a57.png

BestTech2_zpsd2d39905.png

Should I try calling Amazon itself?

I think I may go out and get a flash drive (because mine keep disappearing) and move all the data I have from this laptop onto it (there's not a lot of data because it's brand new) and try the system reset to get it back to factory settings.

I think I may go out and get a flash drive (because mine keep disappearing) and move all the data I have from this laptop onto it (there's not a lot of data because it's brand new) and try the system reset to get it back to factory settings.

Do that before attempting anything else.

Back