PAX South

My plane tickets are usually close or cheaper than driving gas & food. Looking like around/just under $250 round trip for plane from here. Also factoring the extra time I'd have to take off, and the cost/worth of my vacation days.. yeah. Definitely. Definitely flying.

As someone who's never been to one of these, what should I plan for, as far as when to arrive/leave? Like, arrive Friday leave Sunday, arrive Thursday leave Monday, etc.?

I like to arrive the evening before and leave the morning after (4 hotel days). Some people do arrive friday morning (or even friday night) and some people leave sunday evening. It all depends on what fits in your schedule. Beware that leaving sunday night typically does not save you any money on hotel since it already counts as a day.

As someone who's never been to one of these, what should I plan for, as far as when to arrive/leave? Like, arrive Friday leave Sunday, arrive Thursday leave Monday, etc.?
As someone coming from Tennessee I'm planning on doing what I did last year and arriving late thursday night and leaving early monday morning.

Wootybooty, can the wiki please be fixed so people can know the latest regarding pax south and finalize/get some info on anything regarding transportation or the hotels?

I don't know any specifics if I'm able to go or not, but it'd be my first con if I do, and that's really exciting.

How does a con with T9K usually go?

I don't know any specifics if I'm able to go or not, but it'd be my first con if I do, and that's really exciting.

How does a con with T9K usually go?
Based on the one PAX East I went to, it's mostly meeting up, hanging out, and deciding where to eat.
Maybe folks will roll out of bed to go to panels or wander the dealers' hall for swag. Maybe.
Pretty much the same as any con I go to with friends.

Based on the one PAX East I went to, it's mostly meeting up, hanging out, and deciding where to eat.
Maybe folks will roll out of bed to go to panels or wander the dealers' hall for swag. Maybe.
Pretty much the same as any con I go to with friends.
Oh that sounds really fun.

How does the hotel situation usually work out?

(Sorry if this is information on the wiki, for some reason I can't connect to that website)

Wiki is down. Don't think any of this specifically is on it though. Just general rules and plans.
Hotel, folks grabbed rooms when they could, and do some trading around for the days we want as they become available. We usually agree on groups ahead of time, for who's rooming together. Whoever booked the room(s) figures up the split and you pay them your share. Bed situation is determined within your group.
Usually we over-book to be safe and cancel some as it becomes more apparent who is for sure going. I'm not sure how many rooms we have or what groups there are yet. That part is usually on the wiki and edited as we figure it out.

Well, I planned on going, but then my brother decided to join the Air Force. He graduates two weeks before PAX South and I don't have the money or time to head down there twice. I'm sorry guys!!!!! I want to goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

If you're wondering about rooms, talk to Riley. He's got some thing he's worked out a little ways away from the convention or something. He's going to correct me anyways, so I'm not going to bother being more exact.

For those who want to stay closer, it looks like there are some rooms still available. Myself, Ollee, Girlpants, and some people chris knows have a room at the Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Riverwalk, which is where we stayed last year. I dropped the extra rooms, so if folks want to stay closer they'll have to organize something.

Well, I planned on going, but then my brother decided to join the Air Force. He graduates two weeks before PAX South and I don't have the money or time to head down there twice. I'm sorry guys!!!!! I want to goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Join the club :D

Back