PC Update Help

Indeed 7 it is then 64 but here I come! I'm surprised someone actually read and was able to decipher a Microsoft tos considering they have a whole team dedicated to making them obscure

you will literally never hit the point on an SSD where you have to worry about that outside of server environments. The drive will be obsolete long before you start getting write fails. (decades).

We shall see. HD Sentinel says my drive is at 7 percent health, it is dropping 2% a month. It is pulling that info from expected lifetime.

1. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kN9njX
I think this is what in going to go with.
I would not go with a reference-design R9 290X as they can get loud and hot. Also, I would suggest going with a higher-wattage PSU (and not a Corsair CX series one) because A) 600W is not going to work for this build as the build on load already uses ~600W and B) With parts like this, you shouldn't be skimping out on the PSU. You can sometimes reuse them. I suggest 750-800W for overclocking headroom and future-proofing.

Any suggested psu brand?
  • Antec (High Current Gamer)
  • Corsair (RM/HX/TX/AX)
  • EVGA
  • Seasonic
  • XFX
There might be others but I'd do more research into them.

And what is a a good video card? Preferable a cooler one
Depends on your budget. That R9 290X is at a cheap price (if you're buying used be careful of cyptocurrency mining), so you might not be able to find another 290X at that price.

Decided on this psu. Don't really need higher than 80+ bronze EVGA SuperNOVA 750 80PLUS B2 Bronze Certified 750W ATX12V/EPS12V Power Supply 110-B2-0750-VR
by EVGA good choice? and the video card is new on newegg.

Decided on this psu. Don't really need higher than 80+ bronze EVGA SuperNOVA 750 80PLUS B2 Bronze Certified 750W ATX12V/EPS12V Power Supply 110-B2-0750-VR
by EVGA good choice? and the video card is new on newegg.
That's a fine power supply. Also I am not seeing that video card on Newegg.

Reference cooler? Partlist may have allegedly been incorrect on the video card. I've not delved to deeply into video cards in years.

Not so much a budget as just how much I want to spend. $1000 max I suppose. If something is cool/awesome enough I could go over.

Back