POKEMON OMEGA RUBY AND ALPHA SAPPHIRE COMING THIS NOVEMBER

btw here is the sneak peak

N4dxvc6.gif

Never going to happen. The 3DS probably could never sustain an internet connection well enough to play, Nintendo is already being fucked over money wise, not enough people own a Wii U for it to be placed on there, and with an MMO you would have to make all the Pokemon available for the player in one game so nobody would have any need to trade.
The PokeMMO fan game is ok however, I grew bored after a month of playing due to lack of desire to play with anybody else and the lack of recent features (which would also be a problem when another Pokemon Game comes out and the fetchers in that are superior to the ones in the MMO).
Just going to go out there and say, while there's not really a suitable platform for an MMO, there wouldn't be a problem with players NOT having access to all the pokemon in an MMO. You could simply have some sort of a "faction", or such. If you join the one side with a character, then you would only be able to catch those certain pokemon, letting trading still be viable.

Just going to go out there and say, while there's not really a suitable platform for an MMO, there wouldn't be a problem with players NOT having access to all the pokemon in an MMO. You could simply have some sort of a "faction", or such. If you join the one side with a character, then you would only be able to catch those certain pokemon, letting trading still be viable.
The 3DS has an MMO (I can't remember the game and I can't seem to find it online). I played the demo of it and from what I gathered it was shit due to the lack of keyboard bindings and absolute simplicity and when I played the internet was not connected. A faction or maybe a multiple version of the game would be interesting. There is also the issue with competing with all the other MMOs on the market and the lack of success with console MMOs. The only successful console MMO I can think of was Fantasy Star Online and even that is a stretch.

Back