Possibly getting a different laptop

So, this is an interesting turn of events:
dO6SShu.png

Sold out? Does that mean it is guaranteed to go back in stock? It's not discontinued, so I would assume they'll restock it.

Ugh, Seeing Windows 8 in everything makes me really sad..
I actually don't have a problem with windows 8. I've been using it for over a year now, and I appreciate the way it runs much more smoothly on cheaper computers(like mine) than Windows 7 would. It really is a lot more slimmed down. The UI is lame, and it kinda sucks yeah, but it's still pretty neatly organized and relatively instinctive to navigate once you get used to it.

There's no point in hating on Windows 8, since we'll likely see a lot of it over the next 4-6 years.

I actually don't have a problem with windows 8. I've been using it for over a year now, and I appreciate the way it runs much more smoothly on cheaper computers(like mine) than Windows 7 would. It really is a lot more slimmed down. The UI is lame, and it kinda sucks yeah, but it's still pretty neatly organized and relatively instinctive to navigate once you get used to it.

There's no point in hating on Windows 8, since we'll likely see a lot of it over the next 4-6 years.

Unfortunately so, and it results in better performance in some programs. I'll personally stick with Windows 7 until they bring something out something that isn't touchscreen-focused.

Unfortunately so, and it results in better performance in some programs. I'll personally stick with Windows 7 until they bring something out something that isn't touchscreen-focused.
Indeed.

I HATE THE NEW ALL IN ONES. JUST LIKE WHAT!? Really? Ugh. I'm shopping for a new computer and tearing my hair out trying to find one near me that isn't touch screen. New egg, here I come.

Luckily, I'll have 1000 bucks to blow on building my own gaming rig as soon as I turn 18 in March.

Luckily, I'll have 1000 bucks to blow on building my own gaming rig as soon as I turn 18 in March.

That's the way to do it - build your own, get it custom built or face the wrath of Windows 8.

Indeed.
I HATE THE NEW ALL IN ONES. JUST LIKE WHAT!? Really? Ugh. I'm shopping for a new computer and tearing my hair out trying to find one near me that isn't touch screen. New egg, here I come.

^ Get it built custom.

So, this is an interesting turn of events:
dO6SShu.png

Sold out? Does that mean it is guaranteed to go back in stock? It's not discontinued, so I would assume they'll restock it.
Yeah it's not showing "Discontinued" where the "Sold Out" is so should have more stock eventually (it is Refurbished so may be awhile.)

This.

Also, you should try out AMD if you're going to go on the cheap side. If you're not going to blow your money on a laptop, then it's the best way to go. And if you are, then just as everyone says, I'd rather much have a desktop that can blow games out of the water than have a laptop that can only last me about a couple of years. I just bought a temporary gaming laptop (which isn't meant for gaming, but totally can. Bought it at 380$. ), and in March, I'm planning to build at least a 600$ build.

If you're really set on for buying a laptop that's the "best of the best", then I recommend going with the ASUS brand. They're extremely reliable, and will work with you if you have any problems what-so-ever.

This.

Also, you should try out AMD if you're going to go on the cheap side. If you're not going to blow your money on a laptop, then it's the best way to go. And if you are, then just as everyone says, I'd rather much have a desktop that can blow games out of the water than have a laptop that can only last me about a couple of years. I just bought a temporary gaming laptop (which isn't meant for gaming, but totally can. Bought it at 380$. ), and in March, I'm planning to build at least a 600$ build.

If you're really set on for buying a laptop that's the "best of the best", then I recommend going with the ASUS brand. They're extremely reliable, and will work with you if you have any problems what-so-ever.
No, I'm talking about a tower, not a laptop.

Ok, so I have enough money to buy the laptop. After waiting 3 days (potato salad, lol) for it to go back in stock, I go to buy it. My dad got me 2 cards to buy it with, because they only go up to $500 (I'm talking about debit gift cards). Turns out, PayPal only supports paying with one card at a time, and Newegg only supports one payment method. Now my dad is getting the cards refunded at the bank he got them from, and is going to put the money on a card on the bank we are about to close the account on. Yay for payment troubles!

Edit: Turns out we can't get the cards refunded. I'll have to wait until my dad gets paid to order the laptop. Which is on Friday. :(

Ok, so I have enough money to buy the laptop. After waiting 3 days (potato salad, lol) for it to go back in stock, I go to buy it. My dad got me 2 cards to buy it with, because they only go up to $500 (I'm talking about debit gift cards). Turns out, PayPal only supports paying with one card at a time, and Newegg only supports one payment method. Now my dad is getting the cards refunded at the bank he got them from, and is going to put the money on a card on the bank we are about to close the account on. Yay for payment troubles!

Edit: Turns out we can't get the cards refunded. I'll have to wait until my dad gets paid to order the laptop. Which is on Friday. :(
Why can't you just be under 18 and own a debit card, amirite?

I got my laptop on Wednesday. I came home to it being on my bed.
20140122_154033.jpg

:eek: what's this?

20140122_154249.jpg

A look inside reveals packaging.

20140122_154356.jpg

Looks like stuff in packaging.

20140122_154531.jpg

It's a laptop!

20140122_154948.jpg

The laptop on my desk, just ready to be booted up.

2014-01-22 18.49.40.jpg

Set up Windows 8, got that all working.

20140122_161738.jpg

My new laptop sitting next to my old laptop (notice the giant cooler under the old one)

I was surprised to see that everything was fine when it was set up, compared to some reviews that said that the backlit keyboard didn't work, or the display was wierd, etc. I'm also surprised that I barely hear the fan one (I heard it ONCE after I finished playing Garry's Mod on max settings). All in all, pleasantly surprised at what the laptop can handle. I can emulate GameCube and Wii games almost flawlessly. I've been busy getting stuff set up, so haven't tested too much gaming-wise.

EDIT: Images 1, 2, 4, and 5 are borked. Try to imagine them not so stretched out.

Back