R.I.P virtual reality gaming - Oculus Rift bought by Facebook

いいえええええええええええええ!

Oh well. Perhaps it wont be too bad.

At least I'll feel like I'm farming in person!

OR oculus just got purchased by someone who has a ridiculous amount of money and thinks that this is something that's valuable. Zuckerberg isn't stupid, and if people will buy it for gaming, then he will sell it to them. The trick for the oculus rift to do well has always been to get mainstream technology companies to take it seriously. It will be pretty tough not to now.

OR oculus just got purchased by someone who has a ridiculous amount of money and thinks that this is something that's valuable. Zuckerberg isn't stupid, and if people will buy it for gaming, then he will sell it to them. The trick for the oculus rift to do well has always been to get mainstream technology companies to take it seriously. It will be pretty tough not to now.
I'd be inclined to agree with you if it wasn't for 2 things.
1. It was bought for 2 billion. Palmer is currently walking towards the bank and the amount of laughter increases as he gets closer. News isn't out for an hour and he's already put on a PR face and has sold out.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/21cy9n/the_future_of_vr/

2. Zuckerberg:
"Oculus has the chance to create the most social platform ever, and change the way we work, play and communicate."

Back to the ogre swamp.

id be inclined to agree with you if it wasn't for 2 things.
1. It was bought for 2 billion. Palmer is currently walking towards the bank and the amount of laughter increases as he gets closer. News isn't out for an hour and he's already put on a PR face and has sold out.

2. Zuckerberg:
"Oculus has the chance to create the most social platform ever, and change the way we work, play and communicate."

Back to the ogre swamp.
You've got to be kidding me. You're seriously citing REDDIT? Now it all makes sense. Of course you think any big business is going to run this into the ground. There's only one bigger intellectual circle jerk on the internet.

But, my bias aside, I have a lot of hope for this working out well. When John Carmack leaves, I will be concerned.

EDIT: It seems as though the creator of that thread is the guy who sold Oculus. I suppose I should take back what I said about you quoting reddit. Still the second largest intellectual circle jerk on the internet though.

You've got to be kidding me. You're seriously citing REDDIT? Now it all makes sense. Of course you think any big business is going to run this into the ground. There's only one bigger intellectual circle jerk on the internet.

But, my bias aside, I have a lot of hope for this working out well. When John Carmack leaves, I will be concerned.

EDIT: It seems as though the creator of that thread is the guy who sold Oculus. I suppose I should take back what I said about you quoting reddit. Still the second largest intellectual circle jerk on the internet though.
I agree with your circle jerk sentiment but I linked it cause he is the guy who sold oculus.

It's ogre.

I know this is a serious subject but after reading that, all I could think of is
(Only with Oculus Rift instead of Shrek)

Silliness aside, makes me kinda sad to see Notch pull out of Oculus Minecraft cause if that happened my dong would've expanded so much that I'd actually play Minecraft again. But much like most on the surface bad news (like Ben Afleck being casted as Batman) we're just gonna have to wait and see what happens. Who knows it might end up being good news (like Heath Ledger being casted as Joker) and open the doors for more positive stuff.[/quote]

id be inclined to agree with you if it wasn't for 2 things.

2. Zuckerberg:

Back to the ogre swamp.

I would have been more satisfied if this Palmer individual would have just come out and said he let it go for the money. I cannot imagine any conceivable way Facebook can properly maintain the "vision" he has spoke of, and I myself and disappointed by this as well.

tz0YKA5.gif

My reaction to the news

Honestly I kinda have a mostly negative bias to the news mainly because I am not fond of facebook at all, but with that being said I guess there is nothing to do other than wait and see what happens. Maybe it will still be fantastic or maybe it will be farmville vr. Only time can tell.

I would play the shit out if virtual reality farmville.
Never got into farmvile honestly, I gotten into other zenga games though and I guess it would still be pretty cool. Though I personally like the idea of being in the cockpit of star citizen or wielding a sword in kingdom come more. To each there own.

I guess now that I had time to mull it over, it isn't the worst news ever just kinda disappointing.

I guess there is nothing to do other than wait and see what happens.
I had a tiny bit of hope until I started hearing multiple people are withdrawing oculus support from their games/stopped working on making the oculus compatible with their games(i.e. notch). The fucks the point of a vr system if no high end games/even mid end games don't want anything to do with it. The fucks the point of it then.

I had a tiny bit of hope until I started hearing multiple people are withdrawing oculus support from their games/stopped working on making the oculus compatible with their games(i.e. notch). The fucks the point of a vr system if no high end games/even mid end games don't want anything to do with it. The fucks the point of it then.
If I was making a game, I'd remove support the second I heard Facebook touched it. They have a habit of turning everything they touch into cancer.

I ain't worried, PS4 is developing a similar product.
I've heard it's slightly better spec-wise, but it has more motion blur, and there are instances where you can see the edge of the screen.
(Edit: Not to mention it's more obscure and there are a lot less games committed as of now, but the way OR game developers are dropping, I doubt they'll hesitate to go to Sony.

Back