• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Random fitness idea.

ConroD

So earlier today a few of us got to talking in classic, and fitness was dragged (As you'd expect with Casey and myself in the same place for more than 5 seconds)

In addition, myself and a few friends have felt like weight lifting is becoming stale, fruitless or without a clear goal if you will. Today we took a step back and simply observed everything that had pushed us closer to this way of life and long story short, it was the fitness world; Fitness expos, personal training, fitness modelling etc. (Bare with me, this is going somewhere)

So as of about 1 hour ago we decided to push things up a gear, and begin training to become what inspired us. Step one is attending expos and with a bit of luck taking part in the Fitness modelling side of Bodybuilding competitions. I know how 'modelling' may sound, but the mainstream understanding of modelling (Dictated by the fashion world) is very unlike what fitness modelling actual is.

Now here's the 'somewhere' i was getting to:

Along side this, step two if you will, is opening up and speaking to anyone who wishes to get in shape. I will speak to anyone 1 to 1. No matter your current abilities, injuries or disabilities, I will work with you to get started and work with what ever means are at your disposal. You don't need a fancy gym or a fancy treadmill.. Your body, some swim shorts and a pair of comfortable shoes are all you will need. Of course.. If you wish to delve deeper and start lifting weights etc, we can work to get you on the right track as well.

Now I'm not forgetting that Casey started his fitness account and thread, so if for some reason you don't feel comfortable talking to me, his thread is still there, and he knows everything anyone would need to start getting in to shape.

One final thing.. DON'T FEEL AFRAID TO ASK OR START. Everyone starts somewhere, a lot of the time I hear "I can't run for very long" or "I'm so weak/I don't lift heavy/I can only do 1 pushup". Do not feel off put by your current abilities, you can't expect to run before you walk. Before you know it you'll be doing 50 pushups and running a couple miles just because you can.

So.. Yeah. Just felt like sharing what's happening in my life right now and hopefully bring some of you on board for the ride :).

Note: As you may notice, I don't blog very often. I tend to go off on random tangents and chat a wide array of shit before getting to the point, so I apologize if that's what this looks like, lol.

If you want some help, shoot me a message. Either here or on the Team9000 fitness. Doesn't matter.

We should have a fitness competition, somehow. Have before and after shots of people who wish to participate, and they also post the amount of weight they've lost or something like that. The winner would be chosen by a panel who feels that person made the biggest strides towards their goal. That could be fun, and different compared to the "pick a number" contests that have been going on recently.

i'm okay with promoting the ''armchair warrior'' fitness plan. just enough action in one's day to make incremental progress away from total stagnation. e.g. get up and stretch / warm up major muscle groups about every hour or so. it's better than nothing, right?

Ok, that's my 2 cents. rock on.

@ConroD I can run a mile nonstop, and lift my own weight just fine. It's just I'm small as shit.

@moondoggy What if I'm at a stage where if I lost weight I would probably die?

@xHallucinationx Gaining weight in the form of lean muscle mass is an equal to if not more of an achievement than losing weight. This is aimed more at resistance training than cardiovascular tbh.

I think I might talk to you about this soon. It would be great to be in better shape. My weight is fine in my opinion. It's more just endurance and stuff like that. I've always been a rather decent runner and I've always been into playing sports but lately I have found myself getting tired more often and slowing down. I really have no idea what would be in store for me if I signed up for this, but I'm open. Almost all of my fitness comes from playing sports and not actually "working out" or whatever you would like to call it. I haven't been that in to mindless running, but I really enjoy bike riding if it could be incorporated (Also recovering from a collarbone break so I wouldn't be able to do chin-ups or push-ups just yet. I need to give it another couple of months.)

Put your gym clothes on, cause I am going to throw a Fitness Improvement contest of some sort. I sent Conrod a message and we will bounce ideas back and forth, but it will start around Dec.1 (to fit with everyone's new years resolution) and last for 6 MONTHS. That's a long ass time, but it takes a long time to improve. There will be a huge prize at the end, and monthly prizes too, possibly. Keep an eye out, but it's going to be amazing! In case you were wondering, the contest will be over improvement, so whether it is losing weight, building endurance, etc, it will be based on the improvement you make from the beginning to the end.

i actually do these from time to time. i figure if i do them with more regularity, i'd be feeling better sooner (as i've been sick recently)
Yes, these are old videos, but don't knock them. If you can't make the host look like a girly-man in performance, then i recommend giving an effort to try it out. If anything, it's a "hey, keep up with me" kind of video, and any motivation is better than nothing, right?

Abs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWjTnBmCHTY
Legs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB1xU6tnKTI
Arms:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqABsTlxE0g

you're a stronger person if you can get past the music, too. >_<

yeeaa... what's really irritating for my case is even at my most athletically fit, as a 5'6 woman I've never been able to weigh less than 157 lbs (that's 168cm and 71kg... lovely thing about the muscle density i inherited from my mom's side, it makes me 20~30 lbs/9~14 kg heavier than I look.)
On top of that, upon entering the college/adult world, stress and other health factors have contributed to my gaining weight. I capped at 220 lbs (100 kg), and have slowly lost weight since to hover a little over 200lbs (91kg).

I'd love to participate in a fitness improvement contest, and after next week will be able to take up a regular work-out regiment.

This blog makes me disappointed in myself for taking a few days off from running because I just got back into playing WoW (For the record I have been sitting on a stability ball and doing sit ups between instance cues and flight times) but I just recently brought my 18-20ish minute mile down to a 15 flat but I don't think these few days should ruin it for me. I can't say I'll be down for the contest because who knows when I'll get knocked up and I don't think an extra 8-10lb baby will help me, at all.

Also, just so you guys know, Conrod and myself, while not eligible for the prize, will be participating in this also.

Back