Retro for ever!

Back on topic NAOW...

My pedigree starts with a Pong machine, then an Atari 2600 which my parents hid under my bed while I was sleeping on Christmas Eve. Then in 1984, I upgrayedded to a Commodore 64, which not only kicked gaming ass but allowed me to write my english papers and organize my mom's recipe box at the same time.

It wasn't until around the end of Junior High that I managed to snag my own brand-new 386 PC, complete with TURBO button!

596px-Closedsmilie.png

Back on topic NAOW...

My pedigree starts with a Pong machine, then an Atari 2600 which my parents hid under my bed while I was sleeping on Christmas Eve. Then in 1984, I upgrayedded to a Commodore 64, which not only kicked gaming ass but allowed me to write my english papers and organize my mom's recipe box at the same time.

It wasn't until around the end of Junior High that I managed to snag my own brand-new 386 PC, complete with TURBO button!

and what were your favorite games for said systems?

Yeah - WHICH pong? original pong, super pong, color pong? I had all three at one point.

Also - i got spoiled and had the following ARCADE games up till moving to France: Asteroids, Space Duel, Battlezone, Omega Race, Star Castle, Armor Attack, Lunar Lander, Donkey Kong, Mortal Kombat, Black Hole Pinball, and a Totem Pinball. All gone now... except for Lunar Lander. That's in permanent storage. :O

Not to brag but my c64 is still in the original boxes in storage... never ever getting rid of that thing. i even have 2 drives and a box of disks for it
then i had an amiga500 - which i loved to death. wrote lots of term papers on that thing.
in school, my first "PC" was an IBM 386 33mhz with math coproc a full height 20gb hd and 1 1.2MB half height 51/4 disk. I played the hell out of wolf3d on that thing - mainly because lotus 123 and wp5.1 was SHIT!!

I just beat Super Mario World for the first time ever last night... It was an epically proud moment for me. And yes, I play on a real SNES, none of that emulator shit. Not a fan of emulators... in fact, I dislike them.

EVER? @_@ congrats.

I never got around to it... I usually quit world four-ish. This semester I got my roommate to play video games for the first time (He's the meathead muscle builder type), and we were working on the game on and off all semester... and now we finished it (Though he only beat one of the levels in the last world, we consider it a joint victory.)

Back