• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Revolt.

Mightythedj23

I know that in the past few blogs or so, i've ranted, but this one, at least to me, isn't a rant, more so just a thought.

Nearly everyone where i am always complains about the United States government and how they're lining only their pockets or how the President is to blame for all of our problems and blah blah the fucking blah. Whatever.

First off, if you wan to blame the president, stop being fucking ignorant and learn politics; Then you'll see that Congress is really to blame; but even then, people will complain about this and that. i get it, You hate the government, the president is to blame, cool. Believe whatever you want.

But, lemme ask you this, if you hate the US government so much, why do you not leave? People i know IRL keep saying how this country has this and that country's customs are this and that; Yet when i tell them they should move there, they stop dead in their tracks and stay silent.

I don't know about Other states/countries and their opinions on the US government, but lemme ask those who "hate" the US government and ask this:

If you hate the Government, then why not revolt? So many times people demand change, yet they opt to sit the fuck down and bitch rather than actively change what their bitching about.

Simply complaining about the government, or ANY problem for that matter will not change a thing. Do something about it if you'd really want an impact.

TL;DR Want change? Change it yourself.

This is the same situation for my country, everyone has kind of gotten used to just "dealing with it" and that's regarding thing's that they shouldn't be just "dealing with". There's only so much a vote or a referendum will change, anything greater than that must be had by force, it's a proven fact in history aswell, otherwise the politicians just figure they can't be touched, and do whatever... pretty much like it is now, in most places.

Truth be told, the American people have no power, despite being a nation "Of the People, For the People, By the People." In reality, it's all an illusion. Protests are usually met with police removing people from the area. Revolting is generally seen as a sign of treason. Doing such acts may stimulate a movement, but chances are that it will cause more harm than not. My opinion? Don't like it? Leave. There are plenty of countries whom have a similar approach to the life of its people as the USA. Some could be considered better, and some worse. Don't want to leave? Then, find a way to cope. There's always another way to do/get something. It might not be easy, nor be exactly what you want, but it's better than sitting around and doing nothing.

I hear ya, but the problem with going all 1776 on the bastards is the fact that the playing field isn't as even as it was 238 years ago. Now they have flying death robots, tanks, Hellfire missiles, etc. It would be a pretty one sided bloodbath if they decided to really drop the hammer. Unless, by some miracle, there were a situation where the military sided with the people instead of the government.

Back