RWBY - Red White Blue Yellow

TheGurw

Made by the Rooster Teeth team that brought you Red vs Blue, comes a new animated series.

And I'm personally in awe of the previews.

EDIT1: Correction in the title, it was late and I was typing fast - it's Red White Black Yellow.....
EDIT2: It's pronounced "Ruby". FTMFW someone else who know the proper way to pronounce "w" is "oo" :D
EDIT3: Added White and Black
EDIT4: Added Yellow

Wow. That's some pretty intense stuff right there.

I don't get it. But I like it.

When I saw those outlines and the colors "Red, White, Blue Yellow" I was actually thinking of The Last Airbender (Fire, Air, Water, Earth).

I saw the trailer after watching the Red vs Blue season 10 finale and all I have to say is that I'm not very surprised by how awesome it looks. It's being made by Monty Oum that pretty much says enough about how awesome it's gonna look.

I saw the trailer after watching the Red vs Blue season 10 finale and all I have to say is that I'm not very surprised by how awesome it looks. It's being made by Monty Oum that pretty much says enough about how awesome it's gonna look.
This is a different style than he's worked with as of late. I can't help but think he just wants to try something different from the typical fare - this seems like more of an experiment than anything else. But by the trailer, this will be awesome regardless.

CORRECTION. RED WHITE BLACK* YELLOW.

Source: Rooster Teeth Podcast #191 just a few minutes in.

I haven't seen this guy's other works, but seeing this, I just might watch this one. This trailer was just purely epic.

I haven't seen this guy's other works, but seeing this, I just might watch this one. This trailer was just purely epic.

Well Chris you'll soon learn that Monty Oum's work rarely if ever disappoints.

when he did his first short film involving gunkata called Icarus on gametrailers....I was hooked on his work and I was extremely excited when Roosterteeth hired him. The guys at roosterteeth have put out some hilarious content over the years and I have not found a single video that I hated. If you have not seen anything other than RvB go to roosterteeth.com and check out P.A.N.I.C.S. , Supreme Surrender, and the imersion series....all hilarious.

I'd say that weapon covers all kinds of kick ass, and it reminds me of the combo's of Assassin's Creed...
Anyway, I wonder what the other weapon designs will be like?

I'd say that weapon covers all kinds of kick ass, and it reminds me of the combo's of Assassin's Creed...
Anyway, I wonder what the other weapon designs will be like?
I for one, would like to see nunchuk bazookas, minigun shivs, and grenade-launcher morning stars.

Holy fucking shit Gun Scythes? I literally just exploded in my pants. The art looks solid, animation looks pretty awesome, I'm in.
TBH the art style itself is a little too... 2 dimensional to me. Could use a little more depth to it but hey, I guess its just another style and I'm not really complaining.

Holy fucking shit Gun Scythes? I literally just exploded in my pants. The art looks solid, animation looks pretty awesome, I'm in.
TBH the art style itself is a little too... 2 dimensional to me. Could use a little more depth to it but hey, I guess its just another style and I'm not really complaining.
I wouldn't say it's 2-dimensional, in fact, it looks more 3D. I think it just lacks in the usual "hand-drawn" feeling of most anime. I don't really know how to explain it in artistic terms but there are no shading lines or something, since the video's made with a 3D Modelling program.

Another thing that really irks me is the facial expression of "Red" as she is slashing away at the werewolves. It's so 'flat' and without emotion, not much sense of effort or concentration.

Aside from that the fighting was amazing, and reminded me so much of Final Fantasy.

anime girls with huge weapons.... yep, it's gonna be awesome ;D
while i like the animation (even if it looks like mmd a bit) the plain backgrounds seem to be bothering me... oh well, let's wait for the next trailer :D

Back