RWBY - Red White Blue Yellow

Bumping the thread with this:

Just goes to further show the talent of Monty Oum, Jeff Williams and their cohorts. White's weapon is interesting in itself and it seems like her character is more versatile in her fighting style compared to the previously shown Red.

Thoughts?
Reminds me of Black Rock Shooter

I don't watch anime.

I saw a bit of One Piece, and half an episode of Full Metal Alchemist, but that is it. (I did read a good chunk of the FMA manga, though.)

HOWEVER.

I have been waiting for this trailer since it was announced on the podcast, and I have watched the Red trailer about a dozen times.

I can't wait till RTX.

After watching this, I reckon that much of White's power comes from her weapon, whereas Red's is more skillful. If you notice, the shadow wolves make attacking contact with Red only once, where as White takes a lot of hits at the beginning.

If any of you are familiar with the Exhalted series of table-top games, Red is either an Abyssal or Infernal with an Artifact 5 Grand Grimmaw. White is a Solar with a similar power-level Artifact Rapier with some awesome effects. Both have Dodge Charms; Red has more of them but White also has Parry and Soak Charms to help her out.

... If you ever want to run an epic Anime-style paper-and-pen type game, Exhalted is the system to use. jus' saiyan.

If any of you are familiar with the Exhalted series of table-top games, Red is either an Abyssal or Infernal with an Artifact 5 Grand Grimmaw. White is a Solar with a similar power-level Artifact Rapier with some awesome effects. Both have Dodge Charms; Red has more of them but White also has Parry and Soak Charms to help her out.

... If you ever want to run an epic Anime-style paper-and-pen type game, Exhalted is the system to use. jus' saiyan.
............. I have no idea what you just said, but the fact that you pieced that together is overall pretty damn impressive.

Snow White has black hair. Just saying.
No one says they can't be a bit reinvented. I don't think Red Riding Hood is typically a gun-scythe wielding werewolf slayer, either.

The "Mirror, tell me who's the loneliest of all" isn't there for nothing.

EDIT: Not saying they're specifically going to be those characters, but you can't say they aren't based off them.

I enjoyed the first trailer but it felt very Michel Bay to me. I liked Whites trailer much more, the unique aspect of her being a singer/performer as well as this incredible fighter gave some sense of purpose and story.

So I am assuming from the first trailer that the red girl is going to be a lone wolf/traveling person like thing, the white girl is going to be a princess who feels alone in the world and has some kind of big destiny, the black girl will either be evil or controlled by an evil person, and I don't really know about the yellow, as I can't make anything from what it says.

Also, since the first two have blades combined with guns, I am assuming the next two will also. Kind of loosely put together, but about all I can make from it. Looks epic none the less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kymVnsIUWLY. He says that he picked the colors because he liked them and somewhere between half a dream he thought of the name RWBY. Also a ketchup stain was the main source for the world map.
I've already seen that podcast, Just because he is using the colours because he likes them it doesn't mean the character design isn't partially based on these fairy tail characters, the reference to red riding hood in Reds trailer is apparent.

I haven't gotten around to listening to the podcast yet, was anything mentioned in it?

EDIT: I also just noticed that both Red and White are left handed. Is this a common anime thing, is Monty left handed, or is it mere coincidence?

Back