School project: games

TF2 doesn't make me aggressive, it placates me. I'm naturally aggressive anyway.

But in all seriousness, this is something I hear about every day.

On the one hand, some video games promote excessive violence, and ruthless tactics. I'm fairly certain that the Ten Commandments say "Thou shalt not kill."

On the other hand, video games can promote teamwork and friendship, and the camaraderie formed between gamers could be representational of "Treat others as you would have them treat you."

Also, I go to a Catholic school, and one of the priests there worked on the team that made Super Mario 3, widely considered the best selling game of all time.

So religion isn't always against gaming.

Also, I go to a Catholic school, and one of the priests there worked on the team that made Super Mario 3, widely considered the best selling game of all time.

So religion isn't always against gaming.
Oh wow. That is pretty cool.

But religion isn't against gaming, it may have rules that prohibit certain aspects of gaming, or have rules which prohibit certain aspects of life that gaming portrays (such as murder), but it's not like you have to follow all of the religious rules to be accepted in there...

In bioshock 2, I couldn't kill the little girls.. all cute and all.. I just couldn't :(

Edit: Also, BF3 helps you be a team player, cause that's how you win. as a team.
Need for Speed games actually tell you not to race on the streets, that you have to wear a seatbelt etc.
Certain browser games: more politics based/run.

In bioshock 2, I couldn't kill the little girls.. all cute and all.. I just couldn't :(

Edit: Also, BF3 helps you be a team player, cause that's how you win. as a team.
Need for Speed games actually tell you not to race on the streets, that you have to wear a seatbelt etc.
Certain browser games: more politics based/run.

I guess you have a larger heart than I. :sneaky:

Back