• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Server List

kingjok3r

Hey, I'm hoping woot reads this as well as get some feedback from some members.
Remember those days when we had a server list on the homepage?
That list were we could 'click' and see who was on?
Well, I would appreciate if it would be put back to the way it was before. I'd like to know what you guys think about this.
Also, I would also like to know if I'm one of the only ones to whom it is this way. Now to see servers, I must click on top on 'servers' located between the 'Goggles' and 'Wiki' buttons. And even this way, it only shows how many people are on each server, and if they are open or 'down'.

Jok3r

Same for me jok3r, I appreciate this idea! It would be nice if we at least could see the people who are on in the 'Servers'-Thingy between 'Googles' and 'Wiki'.

Hey, I'm hoping woot reads this as well as get some feedback from some members.
Remember those days when we had a server list on the homepage?
That list were we could 'click' and see who was on?
Well, I would appreciate if it would be put back to the way it was before. I'd like to know what you guys think about this.
Also, I would also like to know if I'm one of the only ones to whom it is this way. Now to see servers, I must click on top on 'servers' located between the 'Goggles' and 'Wiki' buttons. And even this way, it only shows how many people are on each server, and if they are open or 'down'.

Jok3r

i also agree with this! i loved that :D
i used to check if there was many builders on, if not then i would go on and help :D
my magikarp agrees >.>
Untitled-3 (3).png

I always used it to check to see if any engi+ were on the server, and I would hop on if there weren't enough, or any at all (for Classic, anyways). I can see that as a double-edged sword. Moderators could be shirking their duties, thinking the server is under control when really help is needed.

I always used it to check to see if any engi+ were on the server, and I would hop on if there weren't enough, or any at all (for Classic, anyways). I can see that as a double-edged sword. Moderators could be shirking their duties, thinking the server is under control when really help is needed.
1. Congrats on the Well-Known Member! :)
2. Yeah, you are right, but it would still be helpful if you could see if any moderator is online...

True, but if there's a real problem, people can just get on Mumble. Speaking of which, I liked the server list for mumble too, was nice to be able to see who was on.

True, but if there's a real problem, people can just get on Mumble. Speaking of which, I liked the server list for mumble too, was nice to be able to see who was on.
Problem with Mumble: I am Minor, and if I want to get an admin off the Game Rooms, sometimes they don't react because they are playing something and don't see the message. Just posted this because it came to my mind. Solution: Being able to 'Poke' People on Mumble. Of course, if you miss-use it, you should get kicked. But that could be pretty helpful, if e.g. Casey is playing LoL, and we have a massgriefer on classic, I poke him, he get's an unique sound, and he knows we need help...

Problem with Mumble: I am Minor, and if I want to get an admin off the Game Rooms, sometimes they don't react because they are playing something and don't see the message. Just posted this because it came to my mind. Solution: Being able to 'Poke' People on Mumble. Of course, if you miss-use it, you should get kicked. But that could be pretty helpful, if e.g. Casey is playing LoL, and we have a massgriefer on classic, I poke him, he get's an unique sound, and he knows we need help...

That's not entirely true. I, along with a handful of other people have text-to-speech on, just in case you guys come in and are asking for help in Classic. You send the message that Classic needs help, someone will respond. Those of us who are awesome+ have semi-obligated ourselves to do so.

If worse comes to worse, you can always trick them into griefing a grief trap. ;)

That's not entirely true. I, along with a handful of other people have text-to-speech on, just in case you guys come in and are asking for help in Classic. You send the message that Classic needs help, someone will respond. Those of us who are awesome+ have semi-obligated ourselves to do so.
Haven't heard of that, but that sounds good :)
If worse comes to worse, you can always trick them into griefing a grief trap. ;)
I once watched a griefer desperately trying to grief the Griefers Suck sign.. xDD That's so funny!
Or t7seven7t can dedicate 24 hours of each day to moderating the server.
+1 :D

If you need help let me know, If I don't respond while in mumble, its because I am AFK and so therefore can't help, otherwise, I see all the chat.

If you need help let me know, If I don't respond while in mumble, its because I am AFK and so therefore can't help, otherwise, I see all the chat.
Oh sorry, no offense because of the last post, I just took a random example. It's just that many admins just ignore us/don't see it..

If I'm playing I tend to be too into the game to notice the chat but otherwise I have it on my other monitor so I see it all the time.

OT: I loved that you could see who was on the servers before. If that could be done to the server list as it is now I see no problem.

If I'm playing I tend to be too into the game to notice the chat but otherwise I have it on my other monitor so I see it all the time.

OT: I loved that you could see who was on the servers before. If that could be done to the server list as it is now I see no problem.
You meant: 'BT: I loved that you could see who was on the servers before. If that could be done to the server list as it is now I see no problem.' Or? otherwise it won't make sense.

You meant: 'BT: I loved that you could see who was on the servers before. If that could be done to the server list as it is now I see no problem.' Or? otherwise it won't make sense.

If it makes sense, does it matter? What the hell does BT mean, anyways?

Back