Shingeki no Kyojin Thread

A539Bsd.jpg

Searching for Attack on Titan wallpapers...

0IP3rx1.jpg

Does anyone else just wish (Anime spoilers)
that Eren had died when the Titan ate him? He's such a boring, underdeveloped character, and I was hoping that he would break the stereotypical shonen trope where the main character always has some sort of special power that activates at the right moment and makes everything all right again. All he ever does is get extremely angry and punch stuff. He's never had any meaningful conversation with other characters aside from his usual vows to achieve freedom and exterminate all the Titans.

If the focus shifted to Mikasa after Eren died, it could have made for a more interesting narrative. For once we'd have a girl who is relatively level-headed and calm rather than the typical over-the-top, irrational decision making, "let's rush the bad guys without a plan" teenage hidden power guy. When Rogue Titan showed up, I was hoping he would turn up to be Eren's father, exacting vengeance upon the assholes who ate his son. But deep down, I already knew that Eren, the whiny, inspirational-speech giving asshole was still alive... And it will probably stay that way until the end of the series.

Searching for Attack on Titan wallpapers...

0IP3rx1.jpg

Does anyone else just wish (Anime spoilers)
that Eren had died when the Titan ate him? He's such a boring, underdeveloped character, and I was hoping that he would break the stereotypical shonen trope where the main character always has some sort of special power that activates at the right moment and makes everything all right again. All he ever does is get extremely angry and punch stuff. He's never had any meaningful conversation with other characters aside from his usual vows to achieve freedom and exterminate all the Titans.

If the focus shifted to Mikasa after Eren died, it could have made for a more interesting narrative. For once we'd have a girl who is relatively level-headed and calm rather than the typical over-the-top, irrational decision making, "let's rush the bad guys without a plan" teenage hidden power guy. When Rogue Titan showed up, I was hoping he would turn up to be Eren's father, exacting vengeance upon the assholes who ate his son. But deep down, I already knew that Eren, the whiny, inspirational-speech giving asshole was still alive... And it will probably stay that way until the end of the series.

Hate to break it to you, but
Mikasa's obsession with Eren makes her exactly what you made Eren out to be. "Lets Rush the bad guys without a plan" and her "teenage hidden power" in the form of her overpowered physical prowess more suited to men 10 times her size.
Also note that her speed in combat while using the gear is mostly due to the fact that she spams the fuck out of her gas. And mysteriously, the only time the main characters ever ran out of gas was in their first defense mission in Trost. From then on it was all unlimited gas.

Hate to break it to you, but
Mikasa's obsession with Eren makes her exactly what you made Eren out to be. "Lets Rush the bad guys without a plan" and her "teenage hidden power" in the form of her overpowered physical prowess more suited to men 10 times her size.
Also note that her speed in combat while using the gear is mostly due to the fact that she spams the fuck out of her gas. And mysteriously, the only time the main characters ever ran out of gas was in their first defense mission in Trost. From then on it was all unlimited gas.
Yeah, you have a good point. Come to think about it, Armin is a more realistic character than his two friends.

But Eren is still the objectively the stupidest out of his friends. Although that's kind of an unfair comparison to make considering how intelligent Mikasa and Armin are.

I don't know about you guys but I've kinda lost interest in the narrative.

I'm just gonna assume the reason why there are so many titans roaming about eating boys and girls and trannies is cuz someone unlocked some hidden human genome jutsu that supposedly is supposed to awaken psychic powers. Titans were probably friendly and smarter. So the experiment ran amok and is captured by rouges who hate everything because the government. They made'em angry and hungry cuz you know... dey mad.

I also assume the normal titans and aberrants are simply the captured/dead injected with titan powers.

Need more evidence to confrim half life 3.

I don't know about you guys but I've kinda lost interest in the narrative.

I'm just gonna assume the reason why there are so many titans roaming about eating boys and girls and trannies is cuz someone unlocked some hidden human genome jutsu that supposedly is supposed to awaken psychic powers. Titans were probably friendly and smarter. So the experiment ran amok and is captured by rouges who hate everything because the government. They made'em angry and hungry cuz you know... dey mad.

I also assume the normal titans and aberrants are simply the captured/dead injected with titan powers.

Need more evidence to confrim half life 3.
I was thinking more along the lines of humans as biological weapons (the Hybrid Titans are basically flesh mechas). The eating people is simply a combat strategy: you can either kill people by biting them into pieces or conveniently capture people with that slimy goop stuff.

I have similar thoughts though with the government shizzle. We've never seen much of the royal family, but they could be corrupt/evil or some shit considering how they basically sent everyone out to die after Wall Maria fell. The Colossal and Armored Titans are possibly rebels shedding unrest and whatever through guerrilla warfare in order to topple the influence of the government (because they believe these people are assholes).
The Military Police and the Merchant's Guild could have something to do with this because we know that the former is selling 3DMG to the latter. The Merchant's Guild openly shows their displeasure at having to provide for so many people, with so little land to work with.

Have you read all chapters of the manga?

I was thinking more along the lines of humans as biological weapons (the Hybrid Titans are basically flesh mechas). The eating people is simply a combat strategy: you can either kill people by biting them into pieces or conveniently capture people with that slimy goop stuff.

I have similar thoughts though with the government shizzle. We've never seen much of the royal family, but they could be corrupt/evil or some shit considering how they basically sent everyone out to die after Wall Maria fell. The Colossal and Armored Titans are possibly rebels shedding unrest and whatever through guerrilla warfare in order to topple the influence of the government (because they believe these people are assholes).
The Military Police and the Merchant's Guild could have something to do with this because we know that the former is selling 3DMG to the latter. The Merchant's Guild openly shows their displeasure at having to provide for so many people, with so little land to work with.

Have you read all chapters of the manga?

Nah. its just conjecture... I haven't read the manga.

I also think the present-day rebellion has nothing to do with what happened a hundred years ago, they don't share the same agenda as the ancient peoples.

Nah. its just conjecture... I haven't read the manga.

I also think the present-day rebellion has nothing to do with what happened a hundred years ago, they don't share the same agenda as the ancient peoples.
My stuff is pure speculation as well. Believe me, the manga is at chapter 51 and we still don't know shit about anything. We don't even know what's in the goddamn basement, how the walls got there,
Annie's motivation
, why the Titans eat humans, or why they even exist.

My stuff is pure speculation as well. Believe me, the manga is at chapter 51 and we still don't know shit about anything. We don't even know what's in the goddamn basement, how the walls got there,
Annie's motivation
, why the Titans eat humans, or why they even exist.

I've called it since I realized just how much of a shounen this show was. If this show continues on as an anime (which I'm sure it will) it's going to become the new never ending shounen. Which is disappointing for me because I was hoping for some kind of resolution in the first season, and there was none at all.

I've called it since I realized just how much of a shounen this show was. If this show continues on as an anime (which I'm sure it will) it's going to become the new never ending shounen. Which is disappointing for me because I was hoping for some kind of resolution in the first season, and there was none at all.
They did the best they could with trying to give it a "resolved" feeling. They couldn't have had that same tone if they portrayed the events that occured afterward.

Eren defeating Annie certainly gives off that vibe of closure. In the manga it's different, she wiped the floor with him.

The manga is also monthly, so we're going to be moving through this story at a very slow pace.... The chances of a Season 2 seem slim to me.

Ok, for the sake of future reference and to serve as advanced-ish warning:

Alert. This thread contains spoilers. Read on at your own discretion/risk. You have been informed.

Now we can dispense with the spoiler tags and openly discuss anything.

Also, potato girl gets her potatoes fondled. Hue.
Eren is a titan.
Annie, Berthold, Reiner = titans.
Specialized skin hardening titans form the walls.
Erwin lost an arm.
Levi is short. Potato girl eats potatoes.
Hannes/Hans is dead.

For some reason I'm more interested in Levi's history than the origin/reasons of the titans. I'm going to guess, with the release of the latest chapter, that Eren's father is dead. I feel that Eren may have transformed after being injected with the titan juice and killed his father, which might explain his loss of memories. Its shown that during his transformations, he can retain a fairly high level of cognitive abilities, but after transforming multiple times and losing his consciousness, his memories get hazy and he doesn't remember what happens during and after his transformations.

Back