SkySaga: Infinite Isles

I signed up prior to alpha being released. I never got an email. :(

Did you check your junk folder? That's where I eventually found my link to this...

Unfortunately my computer is a little bit on the old side now so I'm struggling to play this in an 800x600 window with all the settings to low. I'm thinking I may need a new PC...

EDIT: Apparently they're running the alpha on a regional basis. Currently the EU servers are down until March 5 so I can't play until then :(

I should play more. I like it, just I don't know what the hell to do after the tutorial. I'm used to minecraft. Do I mine, do I explore. What?

The real fun gets to be when you get some dark hearts and can open up portals to some of the tough (they recommend a friend) areas. The underground castle world is phenomenal - very atmoshperic. Shame that it's only open a few more days.

The real fun gets to be when you get some dark hearts and can open up portals to some of the tough (they recommend a friend) areas. The underground castle world is phenomenal - very atmoshperic. Shame that it's only open a few more days.
Eh, the dark worlds aren't that tough really, all you need to do is make a bow and arrows and shoot the enemies from afar, once they get into melee range they'll be weak enough to kill with one combo. Sometimes it's best to retreat to a well lit area and run them around objects, but really, it's simple to solo those worlds with a little strategy.

But I agree, they are beautiful worlds.

And I thought Ember Wolves were supposed to be their own boss mob. I happened upon a dark world with a castle and at least 20 ember wolves outside it. Got a shit ton of dark hearts from that run.

Clipboard04.jpg

Except for the one time where I got ganked by 2 bears and 3 ember wolves running around the outside :laugh: Though I was able to get away with about 2 hearts and slowly pick them off.

And I thought Ember Wolves were supposed to be their own boss mob. I happened upon a dark world with a castle and at least 20 ember wolves outside it. Got a shit ton of dark hearts from that run.View attachment 144478
I've been to about 3 of those instances and every time have found the outside littered with them and baaarhs.

Yea, I had no idea what I was doing, and some guy named PurpleFox helped me through my first dungeon. Got a stone shield, then he told me to make some weapons.

So basically it seems like, go through a portal, survive a dungeon, get stuff, and come back home. Rinse and repeat.

Yea, I had no idea what I was doing, and some guy named PurpleFox helped me through my first dungeon. Got a stone shield, then he told me to make some weapons.

So basically it seems like, go through a portal, survive a dungeon, get stuff, and come back home. Rinse and repeat.
Yeah, pretty much.

Here's what I posted in response to the thread on the SkySaga forums that was asking for people's impressions of the alpha trial so far:

Sunset_Shimmer said:
So far so good. Wish I had more time in the day to play it, but work takes priority. All 16 hours per day of it...

However, since it's an early alpha build and doesn't have much content yet, it gets a little boring doing the exact same thing for hours on end only to be rewarded with stuff that is worse than what you are already using.

But I expected that.

But you could always do the extremely buggy quests to get your skills up, which is why I have the best gear from my blacksmithing. But there are only a handful of quests and they just repeat over and over again.

Don't get me wrong, I do really enjoy the game, but there isn't enough content yet to be very satisfying. And with all this Alpha's progression being wiped at the end, I never felt like building anything just to have it all thrown away.

Yeah, pretty much.

Here's what I posted in response to the thread on the SkySaga forums that was asking for people's impressions of the alpha trial so far:

But you could always do the extremely buggy quests to get your skills up, which is why I have the best gear from my blacksmithing. But there are only a handful of quests and they just repeat over and over again.

Don't get me wrong, I do really enjoy the game, but there isn't enough content yet to be very satisfying. And with all this Alpha's progression being wiped at the end, I never felt like building anything just to have it all thrown away.

Yea, I didn't bother building anything, but maybe I will to try and get "VIP" access.

It has promise, I like the art work, I like the controls, I like that it doesn't run at 20fps. Definitely has some promise. I wonder if they are going to support the modding community.

Are you guys telling me to fuck off?

I can do that.

:mays:
Yeah, totally telling you to fuck off just by answering your question...

Seriously, what the fuck are you getting at here by lashing at people who just answered the question you asked?

And you posted that link after I responded.

Yeah, totally telling you to fuck off just by answering your question...

Seriously, what the fuck are you getting at here by lashing at people who just answered the question you asked?

And you posted that link after I responded.

Wat8.jpg

I can't tell if you're being serious. He didn't lash at anyone. Are you new around here? Should I introduce you to bluesparrow?

Back