• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Start over?

What is this "economy" people keep mentioning?

From what I know, there is next to no trade, which means most money and valuables just stacks up in people's individual chests, which doesn't seem like a problem to me.
If people were allowed to take their items with them, people would disassemble entire towns and builds and take everything with them. In which case, a new world would be pointless and you would end up with enough money and items in the first 3 seconds for everyone to have a new town. The whole thing would end up feeling like playing on a creative server and you'd have people still pissing and moaning about everything.

If people were allowed to take their items with them, people would disassemble entire towns and builds and take everything with them. In which case, a new world would be pointless and you would end up with enough money and items in the first 3 seconds for everyone to have a new town. The whole thing would end up feeling like playing on a creative server and you'd have people still pissing and moaning about everything.

I was not referring to items being ported to the next map, I was saying that the current economy is non-existent.

I say we don't need a wipe until iron becomes as valuable as diamond is now. if your builds are griefed, report it or get towny. End of story.

Example:
Crane has been playing since alpha. Crane Has 9001 diamonds in his chest. Crane's diamonds are imported to the new map with him, because he's been hoarding since forever ago. Crane sells the diamonds and immediately claims all of the land ever with in thirty minutes of the new map. Congrats! Crane wins at everything.

Plus the logistics of importing everyone's shit into the new map are mindboggling.
can't really claim all of the land as you are limited to a number of plots per resident, but other than that your point is valid. :p

I say we don't need a wipe until iron becomes as valuable as diamond is now. if your builds are griefed, report it or get towny. End of story.
Iron is renewable via zombies, or if you feel brave/stupid, iron golems. Also, try building an outpost in the middle of an ocean (i.e. untouched part of the map).

Way back in the world with Oxytown and Eagle Pass, there was a place known as the Outlands. Basically, it was a large map that connected to smaller maps or towns through portals. This place wasn't protected at all aside from a short radius around spawn, with the "lack of towny" that you want. It was griefed so badly around spawn there actually had to be storms that would reset those parts of the map. Movement away from spawn at points was difficult because of the grief-pits people dug around spawn. Now, would you rather fall into one of these pits constantly and not be able to get out, or pass a lot more easily through towny areas with less grief?

Another note on that map, it was around for MONTHS longer than this one has been - I think you're not looking in the right places for areas to live, build, ect. If you go past the cluster of towns around spawn, there is, to your surprise, a LOT of land left.

You think transportation is bad now? In the world I mentioned earlier, we had to either walk or use a rail system (and because the rail system was in the unprotected outlands with no protection over entrances they often got griefed) to get to towns with portals placed in locations VERY far away from spawn. We didn't have any portals to get us to graveyards or back to spawn. Getting from the single spawn point (No graveyards - if we died in the outlands even if we were near a town portal we went all the way back to spawn) could take up to an hour by walking, if not more. Longest rail ride I heard was about 30 minutes.

Towny is good for protecting our builds; it's not something there should be less of. If you built something in the Outlands, even if you "protected the door" a griefer could still grief the rest of your building. You have no idea how many times I saw just a door and some chests remaining of builds in the Outlands.

Things aren't as bad as they seem - they were much harder once.

Come on kids we just got this map like 3 months ago... we can't just keep making new ones, there is plenty to do... mind you it could be doing with a bit of a clean up.

I probably wouldn't care either way if the server gets started over or not. It doesn't really matter to me since my towns source of income is pretty much straight voting. At the moment there is just the two of use that are partially active. I kind of liked it when you could sell cobblestone. That was the towns main source of money since two of us are on the same IP and only one of us can vote at a time. Meaning our town doesn't have a whole lot of money or space. When it got switched over to voting and diamonds only, the town took an extreme nose dive. I only sign on every few days to check on the money total that I and the town have. Since I am the only voter right now.

I personally can't buy anything at all from the store, because it would literally take me about a month or so to have enough to even afford one thing from it. I have to share what I get/have with one other person, making it that much harder to do anything. (Getting stone from store...if we wanted. Buying plots of land to build different things.) Considering there are two players, one voter.

I kind of like the way the map is currently, even though I did really enjoy the nether. It made it so we could actually get from the closest spawn point (west spawn)to our town without having to go around the persons town that's closest to west spawn. (From what me and my fellow towner could tell the town next to the spawn is working on an insanely high wall. Whenever they're on and we're near his town they get pretty vocal and verbally violent. They have yelled at, at least one of our members.) Honestly, they're touching spawn, I don't see how us going through their town to ours is hurting them in anyway shape or form. (Since obviously with towny the only thing we can do is walk through it. How dare we!) It's rather annoying. It's a completely straight line from west spawn, through their town to ours.

I disagree with many things that you said. I'm just pointing out some personal issues I currently have with the way things are going on right now in the area that our town is in. I'm fairly certain that if the server does get wiped, instead of being with my friends and being strictly with ourselves (like what we currently have going), I would be will be forced into joining a much, much, much larger town, with a lot more people in it, just to be able to do anything. (Safety from griefers, pooled resources, etc.)

*Le Woot builds a shop at the spawn*
*Le player goes to the shop*
*Player buys end stone, nether bricks, and a few Ozy Stones*
*Player starts building something epic in his little town*
*Le Jeb releases a 1.3 version of Minecraft*
*Woot wipes the map*
Player: FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-

Nope, seriously it's too early for a wipe.

I have a few non-wipe/partial-wipe ideas. Should I start a new thread, stay on this one, or would it be pointless (probably over-discussed)?

Way back in the world with Oxytown and Eagle Pass, there was a place known as the Outlands. Basically, it was a large map that connected to smaller maps or towns through portals. This place wasn't protected at all aside from a short radius around spawn, with the "lack of towny" that you want. It was griefed so badly around spawn there actually had to be storms that would reset those parts of the map. Movement away from spawn at points was difficult because of the grief-pits people dug around spawn. Now, would you rather fall into one of these pits constantly and not be able to get out, or pass a lot more easily through towny areas with less grief?

Another note on that map, it was around for MONTHS longer than this one has been - I think you're not looking in the right places for areas to live, build, ect. If you go past the cluster of towns around spawn, there is, to your surprise, a LOT of land left.

You think transportation is bad now? In the world I mentioned earlier, we had to either walk or use a rail system (and because the rail system was in the unprotected outlands with no protection over entrances they often got griefed) to get to towns with portals placed in locations VERY far away from spawn. We didn't have any portals to get us to graveyards or back to spawn. Getting from the single spawn point (No graveyards - if we died in the outlands even if we were near a town portal we went all the way back to spawn) could take up to an hour by walking, if not more. Longest rail ride I heard was about 30 minutes.

Towny is good for protecting our builds; it's not something there should be less of. If you built something in the Outlands, even if you "protected the door" a griefer could still grief the rest of your building. You have no idea how many times I saw just a door and some chests remaining of builds in the Outlands.

Things aren't as bad as they seem - they were much harder once.

Firethorn is all I have to say..

GEEAAAHHHH GOD! as you can see, im not neccesarily "old" here, so im not entirely sure how everything works! Sorry! My god, i make 1 thing, 1 THING about my opinion! i just, its, ugh! Can somene close teh thread? im sorry for hurting everybody

GEEAAAHHHH GOD! as you can see, im not neccesarily "old" here, so im not entirely sure how everything works! Sorry! My god, i make 1 thing, 1 THING about my opinion! i just, its, ugh! Can somene close teh thread? im sorry for hurting everybody
We were not trying to beat your opinion with a bunch of brooms or anything or attack you or whatever (intentionally). We were stating our opinions on your opinion and bringing you up to speed with some alternate possibilities is all - I don't think you hurt any of us. Constructive criticism, which many gave in this thread, was only given to inform and give examples, not tear you apart.
I admit, I was perhaps a bit harsh with the things I said about things being much harder, but the basis of what I said is that everything is the way it is now for a reason, and we were just trying to explain. I'm sorry if I made you flip out.

Back