Stock Market Shenanigans

I have black berry stocks..

shoot me please.

I bought them at $16 they are now selling for $13.

the Z10 just launched, give it a bit to take off with the corporate environments, it should pick back up....so long as the Z10s dont suck.

Going to be completely honest-- I stopped following my stocks a while ago. I was getting too distracted from my school work, and in the end, this site has way too many flaws and falls quite short of being educational.

Now all of my money sits in a bunch of random extremely volatile penny stocks. My net worth will jump around like a mad man on fire for the remainder of the competition.

Yes this thing is still on.

I'm amazed my stocks went up more than what I hoped to make in a year and its only a little less than half-a-year. A 10% increase is more than whatever a bank can hope to pay out in a year because banks are stupid. (sometimes)

This thread has probably enlightened you that somehow you can utilize the power of capitalism instead of letting capitalism use the power of you. Or something.

I'm thinking of remaking this competition probably in July. No more penny stocks. Sparring is done. We fight for real this time. (But there's still no real money involved)

Yes this thing is still on.

I'm amazed my stocks went up more than what I hoped to make in a year and its only a little less than half-a-year. A 10% increase is more than whatever a bank can hope to pay out in a year because banks are stupid. (sometimes)

This thread has probably enlightened you that somehow you can utilize the power of capitalism instead of letting capitalism use the power of you. Or something.

I'm thinking of remaking this competition probably in July. No more penny stocks. Sparring is done. We fight for real this time. (But there's still no real money involved)

I stopped paying attention to my stocks a couple months ago. Their system for trading stocks at the penny level is extremely flawed and that deterred me from continuing to make any real attempt at it. It is a good idea to not allow penny stocks for future competitions.

In other news, I joined a competition on another site that has better penny stock mechanics. Everyone started out with only 1000 dollars, which is a more realistic money cap when trading penny stocks. No one actually puts down 50,000 on penny stocks such as what we were doing in our competition here. Most of the penny stocks people trade don't even see $50,000 worth of stock traded in a week, or even a month. I put down all 1,000 that I started with in VDSC and was a part of the legendary historic rise it made over a couple of weeks. It went from .0017 (where I got in) to .016 (where I sold at the peak). My $1,000 turned into $9,400 for almost a 900% gain. I am now well over a 1000% gain with a month left in the competition.

I stopped paying attention to my stocks a couple months ago. Their system for trading stocks at the penny level is extremely flawed and that deterred me from continuing to make any real attempt at it. It is a good idea to not allow penny stocks for future competitions.

In other news, I joined a competition on another site that has better penny stock mechanics. Everyone started out with only 1000 dollars, which is a more realistic money cap when trading penny stocks. No one actually puts down 50,000 on penny stocks such as what we were doing in our competition here. Most of the penny stocks people trade don't even see $50,000 worth of stock traded in a week, or even a month. I put down all 1,000 that I started with in VDSC and was a part of the legendary historic rise it made over a couple of weeks. It went from .0017 (where I got in) to .016 (where I sold at the peak). My $1,000 turned into $9,400 for almost a 900% gain. I am now well over a 1000% gain with a month left in the competition.

Gosh. Will you be using your real money one day to do penny stocks?

Gosh. Will you be using your real money one day to do penny stocks?

Trading penny stocks is a full time job that requires an insane attention span and a whole lot of patience. I don't see it as being a viable job for me to spend real money on until I am done with all forms of education (College, Graduate School, etc...). Even later in life when I have the time for it, trading penny stocks full time does not really appeal to me. As awesome as it is to make shit tons of money, it is not a terribly exciting job. It does not provide a rewarding experience in the sense that you know you are helping the world and achieving something meaningful.

818362269c.png

I'm screwed

It's nearing JULY ! Also, would you like another contest to be restarted? This time I'll remove penny stocks because reasons.

I'll probably also change the starting cash to be $25k.

I thought the US economy would go bust, but strangely it hasn't. America is probably ending the recession and on the road to recovery... then again I'm no prophet.

Who would like to partake with me into new adventure into Stock Market Shenanigans ii?

Back