• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

StTheo's Vanilla Server

Cacher has now *BORROWED* a donkey *BEFORE* Gurw specifically said he was not welcome in the town and to bring back the donkey.
FTFY to reflect the truth

4275549c1e.png

I specifically told you, before you ran off with my donkey, that the sign meant for my town. But you know what, you're obviously just being a troll, so keep the ass, lord only knows you can't get any other kind.

4275549c1e.png
...By members of the town.

You are not a member of the town.

Don't be a smartarse; you're obviously trolling. Particularly badly, too.
I specifically told you, before you ran off with my donkey, that the sign meant for my town. But you know what, you're obviously just being a troll, so keep the ass, lord only knows you can't get any other kind.
Don't give him the chance to be semantic.

4275549c1e.png

I'll recall the end of the events, concerning this issue.

Gurw told you to leave, you said fine, then you said "I'll take this donkey" You took it, Gurw said give it back right this instant. You said "But it's public use" however, Gurw said before "That's for members of town only" in concerns when you used a horse before... and you ignored that in this current situation, he then reminded you once again as you left the city gates but as you kept running away, you said. "I never saw that written anywhere"

Now, take note children. If someone wasn't trying to piss someone off, and was genuinely courteous, they'd say "Oh, my bad. I'll give it right back" /then follow up and actually do give it back./ Because they wouldn't want to anger anyone further.

Then, after hearing him say that, you said "Okay, I'll bring it back"... As you travel further and further away, Gurw said "Screw it, you can keep the damn thing, I can get more." Afterwards, You and Gurw had a small conflict. He claimed "You're not allowed in this town ever again, this goes to your associates." In response, BaconJim said "like we want to visit your shit builds" or something along that nature, Gurw didn't respond to that message. Gurw and I talked about how I desperately wanted to make countless snarky comments, but decided to hold my tongue, he said "Good, be the better man" I said "Indeed"
Then, when he Gurw leaves, you come back with the donkey and give it back, you say to Redbox "Oh, there's no space in the stable" and you leave it, then go away.
Well, not go away, more or less hang around for about 7 more minutes running about, then about 5 minutes of AFKing, then teleporting back to your town.

There, that's about as unbiased as I can get on a personal matter.

Look, lets start this from the beginning, from the top. There is tension and that tension had to start somewhere. Most of us already know that and all of us have our own take on this situation, but for the sake of fair and unbiased argument. Lets all lay it out. Nice and simple. Why do you think this all started in your own, personal opinion?

I wasn't here for the whole cursing business, so I hold nothing against anyone for that. Even the part where I was negatively effected, how Gurw lost the 9 Emerald Blocks I gave him awhile back. I found them in my chest, somehow.

...Afterwards, You and Gurw had a small conflict. He claimed "You're not allowed in this town ever again, this goes to your associates."...

i think you're sugar coating that juuuust a little.
what TheGurw said was much more offensive and childish.
your whole statement is completely biased in an attempt to make cacher97's actions look worse than they were.

just be patient until StTheo gets a chance to resolve this.

your whole statement is completely biased in an attempt to make cacher97's actions look worse than they were.

You're correct in that it was more offensive (which I will not apologize for), though if it was childish, I believe I can be forgiven for that after cacher had been harassing me for several hours. I believe I said something along the lines of "You and your friends are not welcome in my town. To be abundantly clear: stay the fuck out of my town." This was in direct response to cacher using semantics to explain his unreasonable and pointless donkey theft, so I figured I'd better leave no room for "interpretation."

Apparently I didn't give myself pex admin permissions, even though I'm op. Also, I forgot to turn on screen-sharing, so I can't remotely access my computer. So the gods plugin is still up for the moment, and I will just say this: until I get back, if you curse someone, you will be banned. The only exception applies if you haven't read this message and there weren't any other members of your religion online to tell you. If someone does curse you, do not tell them that they will be banned, because determining that is my job. Inform them of this policy, as well as the fact that, as per the rules of this server, causing unhappiness is a bannable offense. If you have lost any difficult to replace items, tell me specifically what you've lost in a private conversation.

Fair enough and I do apologize for that. It /is/ rather hard to be unbiased in a personal situation. And yes, Gurw was much more violent. I also apologize for that.

Hey theo, think you can remove the tp fee for towns in the same nation? Its a bit annoying when I want to go to redwood and cant afford to pay the price of it.

Hey theo, think you can remove the tp fee for towns in the same nation? Its a bit annoying when I want to go to redwood and cant afford to pay the price of it.
It'll be in a config file. I'll have a better chance of finding it if you tell me how much you're charged exactly.

Slimes appear to not be spawning. Like, at all. Neither swamp nor usual underground slime caverns.

Actually, no mobs, hostile or peaceful, are spawning at all. Even iron golems are few and far between.

EDIT: I should mention that spawners still work, just not natural spawns. Cacher, AquaTwig, and I have spent ten minutes in the big dark pyramid mob spawner thing at spawn, and not a single new spawn.

EDIT: Apparently, the issue with every mob except slimes has resolved itself unexpectedly (so much so that I was caught without pants....literally).

Yeah, looking into the mob spawning issue. Minecraft seems to have always had this issue - I remember it way back in the pre-release world. Current Bukkit config, if anyone is curious (I brought down animals spawns from 400 ticks to 50, since new players have been starving to death recently):
Code:
# This is the main configuration file for Bukkit.
# As you can see, there's actually not that much to configure without any plugins.
# For a reference for any variable inside this file, check out the bukkit wiki at
# http://wiki.bukkit.org/Bukkit.yml
settings:
  allow-end: true
  warn-on-overload: true
  permissions-file: permissions.yml
  update-folder: update
  ping-packet-limit: 100
  use-exact-login-location: false
  plugin-profiling: false
  connection-throttle: 4000
  query-plugins: true
  deprecated-verbose: default
  shutdown-message: Server closed
spawn-limits:
  monsters: 70
  animals: 15
  water-animals: 5
  ambient: 15
chunk-gc:
  period-in-ticks: 600
  load-threshold: 0
ticks-per:
  animal-spawns: 50
  monster-spawns: 1
  autosave: 144000
auto-updater:
  enabled: true
  on-broken:
  - warn-console
  - warn-ops
  on-update:
  - warn-console
  - warn-ops
  preferred-channel: rb
  host: dl.bukkit.org
  suggest-channels: true
database:
  username: bukkit
  isolation: SERIALIZABLE
  driver: org.sqlite.JDBC
  password: walrus
  url: jdbc:sqlite:{DIR}{NAME}.db

server.properties:
Code:
#Minecraft server properties
#Sat Nov 30 09:53:41 CST 2013
generator-settings=
op-permission-level=4
allow-nether=true
level-name=world
enable-query=true
allow-flight=false
server-port=25565
query.port=25565
level-type=DEFAULT
enable-rcon=false
force-gamemode=false
level-seed=REDACTED
server-ip=
max-build-height=256
spawn-npcs=true
white-list=false
debug=false
spawn-animals=true
texture-pack=
snooper-enabled=false
hardcore=false
online-mode=true
pvp=true
difficulty=3
enable-command-block=true
server-name=Unknown Server
gamemode=0
player-idle-timeout=0
max-players=20
spawn-monsters=true
view-distance=5
generate-structures=true
spawn-protection=16
motd=StTheo's vanilla server

Edit: currently tallying writing a script to tally up number of times people cursed other people. What. The. Fuck.

Actually, no mobs, hostile or peaceful, are spawning at all. Even iron golems are few and far between.

EDIT: I should mention that spawners still work, just not natural spawns. Cacher, AquaTwig, and I have spent ten minutes in the big dark pyramid mob spawner thing at spawn, and not a single new spawn.

EDIT: Apparently, the issue with every mob except slimes has resolved itself unexpectedly (so much so that I was caught without pants....literally).
It's in the Wilderness.

that pyramid isn't wilderness, it's in an outpost, and the mobs were toggled off at the time

Edit: currently tallying writing a script to tally up number of times people cursed other people. What. The. Fuck.
note that once the altar is clicked on, the god keeps cursing by itself until you turn it off.

that pyramid isn't wilderness, it's in an outpost, and the mobs were toggled off at the time

note that once the altar is clicked on, the god keeps cursing by itself until you turn it off.
I was specifically meaning slimes when I said wilderness, but while I was in that pyramid, monster spawns were enabled.

Back