• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Survival geocaching

oozinator

One day, tbarius enchanted a diamond pickaxe in the hopes of getting a Fortune III pick. Unfortunately, the pick received only a Fortune II enchantment. Instead of stuffing it away in a chest as a backup pick, he decided to give it to the first lucky player to reach his island. I was in-game at the time of the generous act and was quite moved by it.

So inspired and somewhat bored out of my mind, I talked to tbar about my idea of geocaching random prizes all over the world. It turns out that tbar had a similar idea as well.

Anyway, now a week later and practically sitting on my hands in ShroomVille waiting for plans to fall through, I decided to start this in-game contest. So...

For the week of March 25, 2012, I have hidden one chest somewhere in the world. The clue to its location is as follows:

At the bottom of a desert oasis lies the loot of nomads, who crossed the dunes in the first millenium - Nay! the first millenium and third century!

The treasure of Zed was once found by the British but was lost again when the expeditionary force sent to retrieve it was redeployed to the 13 colonies in the year that they declared their independence.

Hint: Pay attention to bold parts.

Good luck, treasure hunters!

yes
this is the only reason why I play on another survival server (but they have a plugin)

Found it! Rather obvious isn't it. Im leaving the contents for the next guy though. Oozinator has forbidden me from taking its contents. Good luck everyone.

I am enroute right now.
(I hope nobody's already taken it. I've got to travel to the spot all the way from Cydonia. :( )
Clever clues, by the way. Ya'shouldn't have bolded them though.

Lol you have no idea
Mad sprint from Cydonia to south of Shroomville
Straight through mob armies
With stalkerclawstrider after me
And Squishy, much nearer, who couldn't get his head around the clues...
Not to brag, but proof:
2012-03-25_21.05.18.png

Thanks ooz for the wonderful quest! I can't wait for the next to be planned, this is actually quite fun.

Lol you have no idea
Mad sprint from Cydonia to south of Shroomville
Straight through mob armies
With stalkerclawstrider after me
And Squishy, much nearer, who couldn't get his head around the clues...
Not to brag, but proof:
View attachment 99058
Thanks ooz for the wonderful quest! I can't wait for the next to be planned, this is actually quite fun.
I logged onto the map and saw that Claw was on your tail.

So, I had a basic idea where it was. Where was the final location?

I'm up for it. Soon as my bunker is done I'll probably have a large chest of obsidian left over. Would anyone be interested in hunting down stacks of obby?

I placed a chest in a certain spot, and filled it with all sorts of stuff, ages and ages ago. I may give clues to its location sometime.

Back