• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

T9K reunion server

Wasn't that the case in the 1.0 world too? I remember a long run back to find my stuff the 3 times I fell down from a high place in that world. I learned to avoid dying, which seems to not be a necessary art on Theo's server where you respawn at your bed with all your items and XP?!?! Also I was eating breakfast on Theo's server and saw a zombie coming towards me, and since I didn't have enough hands to defend myself I logged off, and when I logged back on I was dead. Is there a plugin that somehow allows you to be killed after you've logged off? If so I guess I'd better log off whenever I'm eating/distracted/etc., i.e. spend less time on the server.

I assume when you mine any of these in 1.7, you end up with cobblestone and the metadata is thrown away?
Actually, the bed no worky thing was the case in pretty much every T9k official server. We can decide if we want to keep that as a thing or not. We haven't discussed it yet.

I don't see a good reason one way or the other. I kinda like the convenience of bedspawns, but then again, some people prefer the long walk from spawn.

Actually, the bed no worky thing was the case in pretty much every T9k official server. We can decide if we want to keep that as a thing or not. We haven't discussed it yet.

I don't see a good reason one way or the other. I kinda like the convenience of bedspawns, but then again, some people prefer the long walk from spawn.
Why not have bedspawns be a thing, and the people who don't want it, dont have to use them.

Why not have bedspwns be a thing, and the people who don't want it, dont have to use them.

Sir, we have a code Forty-two. Yes sir i repeat, a code forty-two. Free thinker.

But yeah, i'd like to have bedspawns be a thing. While i enjoy walking/riding a rail from spawn to my place every so often, after a while it just becomes tedious.

Sir, we have a code Forty-two. Yes sir i repeat, a code forty-two. Free thinker.

But yeah, i'd like to have bedspawns be a thing. While i enjoy walking/riding a rail from spawn to my place every so often, after a while it just becomes tedious.

I second this^

So what consequences of your own failure to stay alive are you willing to tolerate? :p No seriously, I can handle no beds, but am happy for beds to be available, it's more vanilla. The less weird stuff to get used to, the better.

Question : difficulty level?

Edit: I personally lean toward hard.
The original servers were always easy but hard I lean to as well. However, let us not add boss versions of mobs like Theo's sever. And like the original 1.0beta server town worlds should have no mobs and Minetopia (If included) should not have any ether but should be perma night.

Question : difficulty level?

Edit: I personally lean toward hard.
I suggest normal, because it is possible to die on hard simply from lack of eating. If someone goes afk, he should be able to return at least partly alive, given he logged out in a safe location.

I suggest normal, because it is possible to die on hard simply from lack of eating. If someone goes afk, he should be able to return at least partly alive, given he logged out in a safe location.
Unless a good reason to do otherwise is given (AFK grinders/farms are not a good reason), people will be set as AFK after 3 minutes of inactivity (this will not make them invincible) and kicked 20 minutes after that to prevent stupid amounts of mob/item buildup at farms. You can't die of starvation after only 23 minutes, even if you were AFK on a pressure plate. Unless someone can show me otherwise, your hunger doesn't go down just from being AFK (unless the last thing you ate gave you the Hunger debuff, in which case you're just being silly).

I did make a Mumble channel for discussion as well, if you're having trouble putting your thoughts into text. Keep in mind, if it's mentioned there, it needs to make its way back here.

#reunion

I'm down for normal difficulty. Still gives mobs some kind of threat, but overall is a much more relaxed setting.

Back