Team Fortress 2 MvM

It is arguably the worst medi-gun for medic.
I find it to be the best for me in regular TF2, as I almost never sit there healing one person at a time, I move around healing everyone and I like being able to get them healed up quickly.

For MvM though it's a terrible choice, overhealing is good, and either having invincibility or crit uber is preferred to healing people quickly in that mode.

I find it to be the best for me in regular TF2, as I almost never sit there healing one person at a time, I move around healing everyone and I like being able to get them healed up quickly.

For MvM though it's a terrible choice, overhealing is good, and either having invincibility or crit uber is preferred to healing people quickly in that mode.
those crit ubers are simply awesome when playing as pyro or heavy.

This is my view on mediguns:

The original Medi Gun is still the best, IMO. Overheal is utterly essential, regardless of game type, and the original Ubercharge is hard to beat. Most of the time, I use the stock one, but it does take an incredibly long time to charge - meaning that I often die before I can uber someone. It's useful in gamemodes where there's a long setup time.

I used to think the Kritzkrieg was awful, but I've been using it a lot lately because it's actually great. Overheal is a big plus, and it garners charge quicker than the regular Medi Gun. A Kritz charge, although far easier to counter, is really good for taking out large swarms of enemies. (It's useless against Sentries, however.) It's also the best medigun for MvM, because you can deploy multiple charges per round, and the overheal is a must for your teammates. It's very useful in Demo / Medic combos. It allows Demos to stickyjump safely with overheal, plus you can engage the "Vorsprung Rush" tactic, where you deploy a Kritz during setup to allow a Demo to make a field of full crit stickies that can decimate half a tank's health or instantly kill most robots.

The Quick-Fix is crap. I used to only use the Quick-Fix, but that was a bad idea. No overheal = bad. Overheal is incredibly important; I cannot stress that enough. A Quick-Fix charge is awful, too. Its only real advantage is that it allows you to travel with Scouts and explosive-jumping Sollys / Demos. But it's really bad, and it's especially bad in MvM.

MvM is unique in that during setup time, you can gather charge near instantly, allowing you to deploy a charge and then build another one during setup. Just remember that.

This is my view on mediguns:

The original Medi Gun is still the best, IMO. Overheal is utterly essential, regardless of game type, and the original Ubercharge is hard to beat. Most of the time, I use the stock one, but it does take an incredibly long time to charge - meaning that I often die before I can uber someone. It's useful in gamemodes where there's a long setup time.

I used to think the Kritzkrieg was awful, but I've been using it a lot lately because it's actually great. Overheal is a big plus, and it garners charge quicker than the regular Medi Gun. A Kritz charge, although far easier to counter, is really good for taking out large swarms of enemies. (It's useless against Sentries, however.) It's also the best medigun for MvM, because you can deploy multiple charges per round, and the overheal is a must for your teammates. It's very useful in Demo / Medic combos. It allows Demos to stickyjump safely with overheal, plus you can engage the "Vorsprung Rush" tactic, where you deploy a Kritz during setup to allow a Demo to make a field of full crit stickies that can decimate half a tank's health or instantly kill most robots.

The Quick-Fix is crap. I used to only use the Quick-Fix, but that was a bad idea. No overheal = bad. Overheal is incredibly important; I cannot stress that enough. A Quick-Fix charge is awful, too. Its only real advantage is that it allows you to travel with Scouts and explosive-jumping Sollys / Demos. But it's really bad, and it's especially bad in MvM.

MvM is unique in that during setup time, you can gather charge near instantly, allowing you to deploy a charge and then build another one during setup. Just remember that.
Sorry, but I it's only your opinion that the Quick-Fix is crap.

Sure, if one is a moron and tries to use it like another medi-gun, then yes. But if you use it how it SHOULD be used, then it is very good for keeping large groups of your team-mates alive. It functions completely different to the others, and you can't treat it like a stock or Kritzkrieg, which is what most people do; use it completely incorrectly.

Though there are times when your teammates are not close enough for you to keep them all alive, and in those cases, you would be correct in that another medi-gun is required.

Sorry, but I it's only your opinion that the Quick-Fix is crap.
Sure, if one is a moron and tries to use it like another medi-gun, then yes. But if you use it how it SHOULD be used, then it is very good for keeping large groups of your team-mates alive. It functions completely different to the others, and you can't treat it like a stock or Kritzkrieg, which is what most people do; use it completely incorrectly.
Though there are times when your teammates are not close enough for you to keep them all alive, and in those cases, you would be correct in that another medi-gun is required.
But it's actually really awful.
Like, terribad crapness ohala.

Beggar's Bazooka = Godly amazing on Mvm.
/threadrevival

ALSO: For anyone wishing to participate in MANN UP MvM missions (usually with myself, Wooty, and Ozy) just post here or whatever, make sure you have some tickets (and vouchers if you can) and I'll message you next time we play.

Beggar's Bazooka = Godly amazing on Mvm.
/threadrevival

ALSO: For anyone wishing to participate in MANN UP MvM missions (usually with myself, Wooty, and Ozy) just post here or whatever, make sure you have some tickets (and vouchers if you can) and I'll message you next time we play.
Yeah sure.

Back