Team Fortress 2 Trade Thread

shadowwolf said:
Me guessing everything

^ You don't even know, breh.

Shadowwolf, don't talk about things that you don't know.

Vintage is the quality given to all clean items before the Mann-Conomy update, which was in 2010.

It is, however, really just a pretty blue name, is better than normal (Simply due to rarity), and in some cases is better than strange.

Most vintages go from 1-2 rec, but a certain few.

Wrong brah, most vintage weapons are 2 scrap, with a few going up to 1 or 2 rec and are most definitely not as good as stranges. Then occasionally you'll come across a lugermorph which is a strong 7+ keys. As for hats, they range from 1 rec to 1 bud+/-.

Joker, the vintage bow is fairly easy and cheap to acquire, the strange on the other hand is ridiculous haha.

I guess I'll just sell the things I have copies of, if it's okay with you, Here's a list of what I'll sell you, Conrod
1 Vintage Sandman
1 Vintage Bonk! Atomic Punch
1 Vintage Force-A-Nature
2 Vintage Huntsman
1 Vintage Razorback
2 Vintage Ubersaws
1 Vintage Blutsauger
2 Vintage Cloak and Daggers
2 Vintage Dead Ringers
1 Vintage Natascha
1 Vintage Jarate

3 ref for all that :).

You are wrong.
You wanted Usty to give you a S. Minigun for free.
You crafted your acheivs.

No.

Strong profit, bad decision.

I'm pretty keen on the Knife, and that G. Original looks good.

I'll trade tomorrow.

And I really want to get that G. Original and call it "Vorsprung's Expensive Projectile Dildo".

Still sitting there waiting for ya'. I'll poke around your backpack and find a worthy trade ;)

Edit: Got a potential buyer on Outpost, what sort of offer will you make vors? (For the G. Original)

Still sitting there waiting for ya'. I'll poke around your backpack and find a worthy trade ;)

Edit: Got a potential buyer on Outpost, what sort of offer will you make vors? (For the G. Original)
The G. Original's probably a bit far outta my price range. But can you link me the trade?

You wanted Usty to give you a S. Minigun for free.
1341868924563.gif

That's a lie. I offered some things and then I'm like come on do it for your pal shadowwolf

Selling series 1 crates, cos old is gold :cool:

Also, how do people get so much crap :eek: I always need to play for hours before I get anything, and I always get shit I already have =/
I remember my friend told me after x amout of time (which is anywhere from 5-20 minutes) you get, 1 item.

Tell me if I'm wrong, i just picked this game up a month ago but the friend who told me this has been playing foreeeeever

I remember my friend told me after x amout of time (which is anywhere from 5-20 minutes) you get, 1 item.

Tell me if I'm wrong, i just picked this game up a month ago but the friend who told me this has been playing foreeeeever
If you want the skinny on the drop system...

"The drop system distributes a random items to players on a regular basis until a weekly time-cap is reached.
Players are guaranteed to find items at regular intervals of 30 to 70 minutes, with an average interval of 50 minutes.

It has been estimated that a maximum of 5 to 12 items can be found each week. Also the system has a cap on the amount of playtime in which drops can occur. This cap has been estimated to be 10 hours each week. Playing beyond the cap will not yield additional items.

Mann Co. Supply Crates and other usable items drop on a separate timer, meaning that these items do not affect the interval between regular drops.

The system resets each player's playtime cap every Thursday at approximately 00:00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)[7:00 PM EST]. If a player plays less than the playtime cap in a week, their leftover time will be added to the next week, so a player who does not play for one week will receive twice as many items the following week. The amount of time a player can save up is capped at double the allotment of a single week (roughly 20 hours).

The dropped items are stored in the Backpack after the player's death, after a trade is completed, if the Mann Co. Store is opened, or if ten duels are won. If the player leaves the server after receiving an item, but before storing it in the backpack, a notification will alert the player of the new item(s) when the Main Menu is visited the next time. Occasionally, dropped, traded, or crafted items may get stuck "in limbo" and may not immediately appear in the player's Backpack. This may occur on instant respawn servers blocking the "New Item Found!" screen pop-up. Visiting the Mann. Co. Store or disconnecting from the server will usually restore these items to the player's Backpack.

While it has always been perceived that each weapon has an equal chance of being dropped to the player, it appears that certain weapons that form part of an item set will drop more or less often than others. It is not known exactly which of these weapons are rarer or more common.

Under the Free-To-Play system introduced in the Über Update, free players receive only limited item drops (with no rare or cosmetic items) until they upgrade to Premium status, upon which they gain access to the full item drop system."

TL;DR?

> Time cap for drops

> Guaranteed to get drops

> Not playing = more drops later

> Hats + more valuable weapons drop far less often

> Some items do not drop at all

> Crates and other tools (Paint, Decals, etc.) drop on a different timer

If you want the skinny on the drop system...

"The drop system distributes a random items to players on a regular basis until a weekly time-cap is reached.
Players are guaranteed to find items at regular intervals of 30 to 70 minutes, with an average interval of 50 minutes.

It has been estimated that a maximum of 5 to 12 items can be found each week. Also the system has a cap on the amount of playtime in which drops can occur. This cap has been estimated to be 10 hours each week. Playing beyond the cap will not yield additional items.

Mann Co. Supply Crates and other usable items drop on a separate timer, meaning that these items do not affect the interval between regular drops.

The system resets each player's playtime cap every Thursday at approximately 00:00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)[7:00 PM EST]. If a player plays less than the playtime cap in a week, their leftover time will be added to the next week, so a player who does not play for one week will receive twice as many items the following week. The amount of time a player can save up is capped at double the allotment of a single week (roughly 20 hours).

The dropped items are stored in the Backpack after the player's death, after a trade is completed, if the Mann Co. Store is opened, or if ten duels are won. If the player leaves the server after receiving an item, but before storing it in the backpack, a notification will alert the player of the new item(s) when the Main Menu is visited the next time. Occasionally, dropped, traded, or crafted items may get stuck "in limbo" and may not immediately appear in the player's Backpack. This may occur on instant respawn servers blocking the "New Item Found!" screen pop-up. Visiting the Mann. Co. Store or disconnecting from the server will usually restore these items to the player's Backpack.

While it has always been perceived that each weapon has an equal chance of being dropped to the player, it appears that certain weapons that form part of an item set will drop more or less often than others. It is not known exactly which of these weapons are rarer or more common.

Under the Free-To-Play system introduced in the Über Update, free players receive only limited item drops (with no rare or cosmetic items) until they upgrade to Premium status, upon which they gain access to the full item drop system."

TL;DR?

> Time cap for drops

> Guaranteed to get drops

> Not playing = more drops later

> Hats + more valuable weapons drop far less often

> Some items do not drop at all

> Crates and other tools (Paint, Decals, etc.) drop on a different timer
Accepting donations :D

How do people get hats :eek: I have not found a single hat apart form those you get from killing someone else wearing one. And the free ones that everyone kinda gets =/

How do people get hats :eek: I have not found a single hat apart form those you get from killing someone else wearing one. And the free ones that everyone kinda gets =/
Buy 'em, craft 'em, be lucky, have good friends.

In other news, I crafted a Team Captain :3

How much does a Sharpened volcanic fragment cost? There was a guy who wanted it and I ended up canceling because i did not know if it was worth it or not

Total gains from today:
Strange Katana, Strange persian persuader (traded it for a strange rainblower, and other stuff), Strange bazaar's (traded with the rainblower and stuff), hitman's heatmaker, strange atomizer, strange shortstop, and some more things.

Man I'm lucky!

Back