Team9000 Launch - Now with Game Servers

Wooty

Staff member
It's not quite ready for full prime time (and thus, this isn't being posted as a Staff Blog), but Team9000 Launch now has support for launching personalized game servers.

Rather than asking me "Is the KF server up? Can you start TF2 for me?," you can now handle the entire process on your own. Simply head over to https://launch.team9000.net/ , choose the server you want, along with options for password, mods, max players, and such, and huizzah! A brand spankin' new server will roll off the line with your name on it. Then, when you're done, don't forget to shut it back down.

The system is still a little fragile, so please let me know about any trouble or features you are interested in. At the moment, the system only supports TF2, CS: S, and Killing Floor. Please let us know which other game servers you think we should support.

Now go get gaming!

Is it possible to run multiple servers of the same game? Or, if one person is running a TF2 server, then only that one TF2 server will run?

How automated is the server update process? I.e. When a tf2 update is released, is it going to break everything?

Updates to the server cores can be triggered by a few trusted people.

Do not abuse the launch...

Oh wait. I hope there's a tracking system/log/thingamabob to see who's using the launch incase of trolls.

yes

Is it possible to run multiple servers of the same game?

Yes. There's a system built in which decides what IP/Port to run each server on, in order to ensure there are no conflicts. For example, if a CS: S, and two TF2 servers are launched, they will all be put on different addresses, because they use the same port. If it runs out of addresses (unlikely), it will simply increment the port then start over.

Yes. There's a system built in which decides what IP/Port to run each server on, in order to ensure there are no conflicts. For example, if a CS:confused:, and two TF2 servers are launched, they will all be put on different addresses, because they use the same port. If it runs out of addresses (unlikely), it will simply increment the port then start over.
Just one question:
What's a CS:confused:? :D

Just one question:
What's a CS:confused:? :D
I would facepalm, but I'm too good for that.

cs_source_wallpaper_steam_CSS.jpg

This is perfect! This means I can have my TF2 comp on-demand, without having to wrangle you to do anything!

Thanks Woot.

The system is still a little fragile, so please let me know about any trouble or features you are interested in. At the moment, the system only supports TF2, CS: S, and Killing Floor. Please let us know which other game servers you think we should support.

Why not add Battlefield 3?

you missed the edit. i was just trying to prevent an argument by announcing the would-be winner.

EDIT that never happened: editted my post...
So... You were trying to prevent an argument by starting an argument, leading to another arguement? :confused:

Back