Team9000 Merchandise Store

Casey

So if I was to start a store( some items such as the annual Team9000 shirts would not be available until that time, or depending on how Woot would want it done) what kind of merchandise would you guys want to see?

If I was to do this, I would start with one or two items, and as money comes in, I will be able to expand the store. So if you guys want to see a store, what are the first few items you would want to see?

I think t-shirts and those thin jelly like bracelets with words on them would be cool. Also lanyards since lots of people use them. :p

That's a great idea!

I've been trying to think of other relatively cheep things that could be sold, but came up unsuccessful.
We could also sell things like:

"Sweaty Baseball Cap". Comes in two styles, , Thee_Pro or Ollee.

"Imitation Neckbeard". Comes with denial and a lack of a social life!

"Licensed Gimpsuit". Pre-owned!

"Pineapple Juice". Far raunchier than it sounds.

"Burberry Spaceship". Taken too soon.

"William's Ol' Timey Self-Mutilation Kit". Batteries not included.

Stickers for my car + various other places, and keychains.

Mouse pads with several Team9000 logos. (gaming pads, not crap pads). Good usb sticks with logos.

Example of keychain design. Or just Team9000 metal letters.
imgres

Please don't troll on this thread or de-rail it. Name things you'd actually want to buy if they could be made. :)

hmmm... what's appearing in my head for ideas, previously mentioned or otherwise stated:

T-Shirts
Keychains (could do a Laser Pointer variant on this)
Mouse Pads
Coffee Cups
Hats
Bracelets (jelly or athletic wristband)
Decals/Stickers
Sweatshirts
Shoe/Sweatshirt Laces
Lanyard/other attaching strings for items
Easy-Iron Logo Patches

I'm curious to know, if you were to post advertizing for tangible items sold by the companies who create a lot of the games played on this website, could whoever running this shop, in turn receive a portion of money based off of "leasing" that advertizement space? Examples would be having links or banners that when clicked on forward the customer to the Official Minecraft store, or a site that sells merchandise from TF2, Killing Floor, other games that have physical or digital merchandise to acquire.

I'm curious to know, if you were to post advertizing for tangible items sold by the companies who create a lot of the games played on this website, could whoever running this shop, in turn receive a portion of money based off of "leasing" that advertizement space? Examples would be having links or banners that when clicked on forward the customer to the Official Minecraft store, or a site that sells merchandise from TF2, Killing Floor, other games that have physical or digital merchandise to acquire.
Yes, but Woot has for a long time said that he doesn't want to "sell out".
Woot's kept T9K free of ads thus.

Yes, but Woot has for a long time said that he doesn't want to "sell out".
Woot's kept T9K free of ads thus.
I do remember reading a post where he stated that sentiment. I guess for me it is more giving people the opportunity to support the games this server runs, as opposed to selling out to a company. After all, the majority of people here use the servers For the games and community they cherish. For some, purchasing (rights to) a game is enough support. For others, they are completely fine with giving more by means of acquiring extra merchandise. For official distributors, it just provides an extra means of income, and that is a purpose of business.

EDT: aaaalllssoo, I've tinkered with Ceramics enough that I could hand-craft some items or do commissions with that medium... like ceramic beads/figures for keychain/lanyard decoration, sculptures... etc. would just need access to a kiln for whenever the firings need occur.

You should sell:
T-shirts (different design from the annual one)
mousepads
stickers/decals
limited edition inflatable kangaroo with T9k shirt (srsly, I'd buy one)
ConroD work-out videos
NewspaperCrane's latest album, "Folding Your Heart," with the hit single, "Blue-turple."
calendars

Back