• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Teams and team battles in survival multiplayer

simm

There was an interesting Idea brought up in the thread called "Bandits."
The idea was to have bandits to rob people, and knights to protect people.
This could spawn a an interest team or faction system in survival multiplayer.
apply for a team here on the team 9000 website (bandits or knights).
have cities with restrictions for entry in survival multiplyer. (like the cool, and builder restrictions in classic)
Set up target cities for capturing. (cities with no entry restrictions) for folk who feel like being nuetral or a faction seperate from the primary two, and to have a war like battle for land.
and at least on portal in the Knight's city, and the Bandit's city that leads to an open field where an all out free for all can take place between any and all players who enter.

My reason for posting this idea, is I'd like to see some organized action in the severs.
Plus, This will give the antsy PKers something to do rather than grief the builder.

I would like to here the admins opinions on this idea though.
if there is any interest in the idea, or not.
If we have the sever room for such a thing.
Plus any ideas they would like to add to the mix.

I like the idea of having one side of a map for the bandits, and one side knights. Both sides can take over cities, blah blah blah...

But I really don't think it will happen. Team9000 doesn't really do that and not a lot of people appeal to that type of playing. Minecraft is supposed to be kinda relaxed with fast paced moments (when mobs attack), but with bandits and knights it would be hectic with an always changing world. IMO, I not likey.

I like the idea of having one side of a map for the bandits, and one side knights. Both sides can take over cities, blah blah blah...

But I really don't think it will happen. Team9000 doesn't really do that and not a lot of people appeal to that type of playing. Minecraft is supposed to be kinda relaxed with fast paced moments (when mobs attack), but with bandits and knights it would be hectic with an always changing world. IMO, I not likey.
Minecraft sucks because the only hectic moments are random mob attacks. Plus there would be cities that are protected, if anything really bandit outposts would exist in the areas of the map that would be regenerated from time to time whenever patches happen, though they would probably have storehouses in the safe areas so they don't have to completely start over every time.

But can player simply go off on their own to a seperate section of the map and set up something along these lines.
all we ask is for two citys that do not reset with the rest of the map.
Plus can I still start up a thread for recruitment on the site for teams.
We will keep to ourselves and not spread to the rest of the map areas.
It will be like a skirmish area.

But can player simply go off on their own to a seperate section of the map and set up something along these lines.
all we ask is for two citys that do not reset with the rest of the map.
Plus can I still start up a thread for recruitment on the site for teams.
We will keep to ourselves and not spread to the rest of the map areas.
It will be like a skirmish area.
That would be good.

I'd like to revive this topic after finding out that NOTCH has dropped a hint that there may be a
Hoard of monsters addition to the game, more or less removing the peaceful aspects of the game
and replacing them with a more action packed gaming experience.
So, I'd like to talk about a posible town or two for pvp in the new server for folks who just want to...
Have a good old fashioned turf war. (psoibly inside the walls on one large town)

Actually, I like the idea of having a regular survival game, but you have a Bandit faction which is not allowed to build except in very small areas (Enough to hide from mobs and knights). Then you have the knights, which also can't build but have very high health and movement speed. Essentially, the bandits have to steal from the cities in order to survive.

Back