Terraria Thread

Since I got Terraria, I'm thinking about hosting a Terraria game tomorrow if I can. It will be new characters only, but I want it to be really fun, so I want at least a couple others to join and I want to know whether to make it PvP or not. If I do this, anyone interested? Still got no specific time I'll start it, but I will post when it's up and running. It's a good time to join in my opinion due to the Christmas slimes and the chance of someone summoning a Frost Legion.

*NOTE* After the session's practically over or if you are leaving, I will let you grab anything interesting you've found (maybe that one statue you want or some cash. Anything really).

After building giant vats to duplicate and hold the 3 liquids, building an ocean and corruption farm, collecting almost one of every item in the game, I think I'm a little burnt out of Terraria. I've lost a goal, it seems. Doing anything now just feels like busy work. I'm sure when the next patch comes out with "the final boss", I'll probably be more inclined to play it again. Sadly, I can't just build something else to make it fun again, because the moment it's done, I'm back where I started. I /could/ play the game a completely stupid way to make it more interesting, but meh.

After building giant vats to duplicate and hold the 3 liquids, building an ocean and corruption farm, collecting almost one of every item in the game, I think I'm a little burnt out of Terraria. I've lost a goal, it seems. Doing anything now just feels like busy work. I'm sure when the next patch comes out with "the final boss", I'll probably be more inclined to play it again. Sadly, I can't just build something else to make it fun again, because the moment it's done, I'm back where I started. I /could/ play the game a completely stupid way to make it more interesting, but meh.

Becomes tedious completing the game from start to end every time there's a patch eh? Haha. Shame I'm doing the exact same thing with Starbound >.>

Becomes tedious completing the game from start to end every time there's a patch eh? Haha. Shame I'm doing the exact same thing with Starbound >.>
Well, to be fair, Starbound is in /really/ early beta it sounds like, so I doubt it will be as tedious once the game is finished.

I thought this little world may be fun. We could take things seriously and build epic builds, or just derp aroung and have an all out war :p

So this deserved a bump, yeahhhhh I have a server up that we've been playing on for awhile. Anyone interested in playing just shout at me on steam or something :p

as someone who likes to go tank in terraria I have been having fun with my minion mancer build. it is a bit costly and there isn't a step between tiki and stardust so you are not at all tanky but it is fun watching your minions do all the work for you

So how is everyone liking Terraria 1.3? Right now, I'm using a character who is only allowed to use yo-yo-class weapons. I've killed Queen Bee, Eater of Worlds, and the Eye of Cthulhu, and am about to attempt Skeletron.

So how is everyone liking Terraria 1.3? Right now, I'm using a character who is only allowed to use yo-yo-class weapons. I've killed Queen Bee, Eater of Worlds, and the Eye of Cthulhu, and am about to attempt Skeletron.
Yoyos are some of the most overpowered weapons in the game due to their DPS and the fact they can go around walls to hit enemies. Coupled with a Yoyo Bag and you're set for the entirety of the game. Honestly, it's one of the easiest ways to play Terraria.

Yoyos are some of the most overpowered weapons in the game due to their DPS and the fact they can go around walls to hit enemies. Coupled with a Yoyo Bag and you're set for the entirety of the game. Honestly, it's one of the easiest ways to play Terraria.
The best weapon in the game is also a Yoyo, so there's that.

so as I've been playing more I am beginning to realize the summoner class is mer. it doesn't do enough damage, it isn't tanky, you can't control your minions, and the stardust guardian is worthless once you get out of it's 20 block range. it would be nice if I could tell my minions different commands and it would also be nice if we had tank minons and our guardian auto attacked anything too close to us

so as I've been playing more I am beginning to realize the summoner class is mer. it doesn't do enough damage, it isn't tanky, you can't control your minions, and the stardust guardian is worthless once you get out of it's 20 block range. it would be nice if I could tell my minions different commands and it would also be nice if we had tank minons and our guardian auto attacked anything too close to us
Summoners are /supposed/ to carry an addition weapon or two with them for their own self-defense and to increase damage output. This is why the slime staff is still a total bitch to get.

Summoners are /supposed/ to carry an addition weapon or two with them for their own self-defense and to increase damage output. This is why the slime staff is still a total bitch to get.
oh no I use the star wrath and the terrarian but it i hate how squishy I am

Back