Terraria

So, after looking at the wiki and seeing what I could get, I did a search through the top of the dungeon (before the skeleton head chases) and got the Water Bolt, and then searched for floating islands and got two Starfury, a cloud in a bottle, a shiny red ballon, and a Lucky Horseshoe.

I also smashed two shadow orbs and got a Ball O' Hurt, a musket (meh), and then got a harpoon from the resulting goblin invasion :v

Oddly, Eye of Cthulu attacked days before I smashed and shadow orbs...glad I had a freaking ton of Shurikens for that >.>

I got this game today, and I have to say that I like it far better than Minecraft.

I don't know why, I think it is mostly the combat. It feels like this combat has more of a strategy than Minecraft's (although both consist of swinging an item at an enemies until they die.) I mean it's very easy to just use a pick or something and auto swing, but you can have some fun with certain items like the bow and arrow. Otherwise, it just feels better to me. That and the concept of going deeper actually causing far worse enemies and various things to appear. Rather than it just making more enemies spawn a little faster.

Once again this is all my own opinion. I am not trying to start any wars over Minecraft versus Terraria.

Well, after playing Terraria a bit, you'll find you can't quite make the Minecraft versus Terraria comparison.

Terraria, while having parts similar to Minecraft, feels more like they added some building and mining and mushed it with Legend of Zelda and Castlevania.

You have a point Patchouli, It pretty much is the old classic style games like those, you just build the buildings that house most of the NPC characters.

Oh yea, and there is multiplayer of course.

Back