• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The First Mini Novel of Konflakes - Part Three

konflakes

To journey to Mount Pandaria, which lay deep within Moredoor, the place where evil rests its head, where the very air you breathe is poison, he needed more people. The evils that they would face would be tremendous and the journey perilous. Thus Kasham began to search for companions who were noble of heart and strong of will to aid him in his mission. First, he sought after Thomas B., the great magician who guarded the secrets of immortality. Thomas had long been a staunch ally of the forces of good and justice. He himself had slain countless monsters created in the name of the lord of evil, McFarts. It took little convincing for Thomas to join Kasham and thus, the party became two.

The next person they sought after was a mysterious swordsman named katpheesh. It had long been whispered in bars and dark alleys of katpheesh's remarkable skill with the sword, which is actually pretty useless considering the modern age of guns, and of katpheesh's strong sense of justice. The swordsman also had reason to fight. 10 years ago, the evil McFarts had once used the Penguin Tiki VooDoo Thingy to destroy his village and murder everyone he knew. Now, the lone swordsman fights to regain the honor he lost when he fled the village. To katpheesh, Kasham offered a chance for redemption and revenge. And thus, the party became three.

As they walked along the path to the nearby village of "Stinky Poo Poo", where they heard lived a legendary bow master named Korsprung, they passed through a dark forest called "The Dark Forest". Rumors had long been spread of the dangers that the forest held. Not only were there giant spiders that grew as big as an inch or two, it was also home to a notorious band of bandits who seldom allowed travelers through unmolested. Literally. They molested both men AND women.
Wary of their surroundings, the party of three were constantly on the look out for any signs of danger. Suddenly, an axe flew through the trees beside them landing just inches above the head of Thomas, and the war cries filled the air as from the forest around them, heavily armed bandits charged down at them. Just as the bandits broke through the forests into the clearing the threee heroes were in, the ground began to heave and shake, stopping everyone in their tracks. From the path where the three heroes walked, the ground erupted into a flood of spiders. Everyone fled in the opposite direction. Even the bandits. A few who were too slow were swallowed by the tide of spiders, their screams long and terrible. As they ran, a particularly short bandit tripped and fell. katpheesh, being a noble swordsman, stopped to pick the small bandit up before running again.

As they left the edge of the forest, the spiders stopped, lurking under the shadows of the trees, millions of gleaming red eyes in the shadows. The short bandit approached the heroes. He thanked the heroes for saving him and introduced himself as Yookie, the leader of the bandits and offered them gold as a reward for saving him. katpheesh asked that the bandit chief join them in their journey instead and help to do some good for the world. After considering for awhile, Yookie(*whoops*) agreed and joined the heroes. And thus, the party became four.

Leaving the forests behind them, the heroes continued towards Stinky Poo Poo in their search of Korsprung. As they entered the village, they immediately noticed something was wrong. There was not a single soul to be seen anywhere. As they explored the village, they went deeper and deeper until they were in the village square. As one, forty archers rose above the roofs of the buildings, aiming down at the heroes.
(First dialogue~)
"Halt! Who are you and what business do you have in Stinky Poo Poo!", shouted a cloaked archer from the highest roof.

"We are travelers in search of the legendary archer Korsprung! We have need of his sharp eye and his bow in our quest to vanquish evil!", replied Kasham to the cloaked archer.

"And how would you vanquish this evil you speak of?"

"We would journey to Mount Pandaria to destroy this!", Kasham shouted back as he pulled the Penguin Tiki VooDoo thingy from his bag.

Gasps filled the air as the men beheld the artifact of evil.

"Very well. Then look no further for I am Korsprung and I shall join you in your journey." replied the cloaked archer as he pulled back his hood to reveal his face.

And thus the party became five, and was from this point on, known as "The Fellowship of the Penguin VooDoo Tiki Thingy"!

To be continued...

these are brilliant.....fyi you mistook yookie and korsprung in the 4rth paragraph....it tripped me up a bit, but I figured it out.....that aside, absolutely brilliant.

"Korsprung pulled back his hood to reveal his face." ROFLMAO It's a miracle!
Konflakes, your stories are an excellent source of entertainment.

@Kasham :) The protagonist makes an appearance!
@godlib i actually completely mixed Yookie and Korsprung in the whole paragraph but I noticed and changed it. Didn't notice there was more than 1 mentions.
@katphish katpheesh.
@MFD more to come :D

I'm fairly sure this "Yookie" guy should be at least 10+ feet tall.
Also, I loved the reference to Timmy B :)

I love your attention to detail, thanks for keeping my name in lowercase, that's exactly how I like it written :p

Back