The Official T9K Pokemon League

My in-game name (and... er... real name) is "Ted".

Edit: That was one tough battle. Good game, David.
You too! :)

Chiba, may you please update the original post with people who are ready, their type, their FC, and maybe their badge? It'd be really nice :)

So umm...
Is this still a thing? It's been weeks :p Sorry for the impatience
Yes, this is still a thing.

This is also a thing designed primarily for fun, and as such, I'm going to let everyone take their time when setting themselves up if they so wish.

Maybe it's time for a checkup on people...

I'm still in! My team is 75% ready and I'm participating at the Dark-Type leader. My badge is called the Atramentous Badge Atramentous Badge.png.

Once I finish training my team (6-8 'Mon total) I'll PokeBank those bastards over and will post here to let everyone know. In the meantime, I'm happy to whet any appetites, either standard 6v6 or with my nearly-ready Dark team.

Well for anyone who is still interested in competing in a Pokemon Monotype Tournament but doesn't want to wait for this one, my Pokemon Community is growing and I'd like to advertise it to you guys. Currently we are in the process of forming a tournament to determine the E4. We have a set of rules down and everything. We also have Breeders and Pokegenners and whatnot. We just need you guys to help populate! If you need some Pokemon we can generate them for you. Again, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO BREED AND RAISE POKEMON, WE CAN DO IT FOR YOU. Alternatively if you do not prefer Generated Pokemon we can also give you eggs to raise. If you're interested in learning how to Gen / Breed better or want to become a Gym Leader / Elite 4 member, come on by and we will give you a warm welcome!

http://trainersunitedguild.shivtr.com/

Well for anyone who is still interested in competing in a Pokemon Monotype Tournament but doesn't want to wait for this one, my Pokemon Community is growing and I'd like to advertise it to you guys. Currently we are in the process of forming a tournament to determine the E4. We have a set of rules down and everything. We also have Breeders and Pokegenners and whatnot. We just need you guys to help populate! If you need some Pokemon we can generate them for you. Again, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO BREED AND RAISE POKEMON, WE CAN DO IT FOR YOU. Alternatively if you do not prefer Generated Pokemon we can also give you eggs to raise. If you're interested in learning how to Gen / Breed better or want to become a Gym Leader / Elite 4 member, come on by and we will give you a warm welcome!

This league is fine, plus I like that we're not using smogon for entry restrictions.

/cough - David, I think you missed the main point of this league.

This isn't something people are going to be 'competing' in.

This entire thing is designed around the basic idea of "How much fun can we have breaking the norm with Pokemon battling, while looking like we belong in a game?" This is why there's next to zero restrictions on teams, bar solid legendary teams/mega-evo legendaries. I want people to be creative, and do something different.

The idea and concept behind the 'seasons' was essentially set-up times when the League itself would be rotated around, orders changed, teams altered, etc. To keep things fresh and interesting and to add replay value, as well as give other people the chance to challenge, or be a part of, the league.

The reason why I asked people to keep track of their wins/loses while we wait on the others to get ready wasn't for anything on my end. I want people to have those numbers in their head, so they can make changes if they see fit. Is one pokemon dragging down your team? Are you usually relying on one pokemon to cover a weakness, and if they go down, it's basically over? Is one of the hold items not as good of an idea as you thought? I want people to see what weaknesses they have, before things get underway, so they have more of a fighting chance.

The reason why I'm not rushing anyone to hurry up so we can get this going is because this whole thing is designed around fun. I'm not gonna force people to do things in a game, when they want to be doing other stuff, potentially in other games. I would appreciate an update from people every now and then, however. Just so I know where they stand, and if they're even still interested.

:pika:

/cough - David, I think you missed the main point of this league.

This isn't something people are going to be 'competing' in.

This entire thing is designed around the basic idea of "How much fun can we have breaking the norm with Pokemon battling, while looking like we belong in a game?" This is why there's next to zero restrictions on teams, bar solid legendary teams/mega-evo legendaries. I want people to be creative, and do something different.

The idea and concept behind the 'seasons' was essentially set-up times when the League itself would be rotated around, orders changed, teams altered, etc. To keep things fresh and interesting and to add replay value, as well as give other people the chance to challenge, or be a part of, the league.

The reason why I asked people to keep track of their wins/loses while we wait on the others to get ready wasn't for anything on my end. I want people to have those numbers in their head, so they can make changes if they see fit. Is one pokemon dragging down your team? Are you usually relying on one pokemon to cover a weakness, and if they go down, it's basically over? Is one of the hold items not as good of an idea as you thought? I want people to see what weaknesses they have, before things get underway, so they have more of a fighting chance.

The reason why I'm not rushing anyone to hurry up so we can get this going is because this whole thing is designed around fun. I'm not gonna force people to do things in a game, when they want to be doing other stuff, potentially in other games. I would appreciate an update from people every now and then, however. Just so I know where they stand, and if they're even still interested.

:pika:
You're implying that what I want is not fun? I'm just saying trying to advertise for my other community and rack up some members so people can enjoy Pokemon. Also of course I know what the League here is about. Just because I want it to happen faster and not take another year doesn't mean I'm super elitist about it

You're implying that what I want is not fun? I'm just saying trying to advertise for my other community and rack up some members so people can enjoy Pokemon. Also of course I know what the League here is about. Just because I want it to happen faster and not take another year doesn't mean I'm super elitist about it
Never said you were, David. You're putting words in my mouth.

Never said you were, David. You're putting words in my mouth.
Nope. Also you need to check up on members. If you really want to do this, you need to make sure people who want to do this are still active. It'd suck to start this thing off to find out 3-4 members are inactive and uninterested. Then we'd have to wait even longer.

Nope. Also you need to check up on members. If you really want to do this, you need to make sure people who want to do this are still active. It'd suck to start this thing off to find out 3-4 members are inactive and uninterested. Then we'd have to wait even longer.
Patience is a virtue. :coffee:

Considering we have maybe 5 or so of 12 we need to start ready, being patient is the best thing to do. I'm not going to badger people about whether or not they're ready when they all have lives to live, and things they would rather being doing at the moment. I will let them go at their own pace. If push comes to shove, and we lack 1 or 2 people, I will start asking those who showed interest whether or not they're still interested. Until then, I will wait.

Patience is a virtue. :coffee:

Considering we have maybe 5 or so of 12 we need to start ready, being patient is the best thing to do. I'm not going to badger people about whether or not they're ready when they all have lives to live, and things they would rather being doing at the moment. I will let them go at their own pace. If push comes to shove, and we lack 1 or 2 people, I will start asking those who showed interest whether or not they're still interested. Until then, I will wait.
If people really want Pokemon for their teams and don't have the time to raise them, I can trade them what they want. I just don't want to wait forever because 2 people don't have the time to form a perfect team

Back