• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Server is Dying

100posts.jpg

another random idea:
make woot delete all the player files and worlds.
then create 1 whitelisted, 1 not-whitelisted world

a new start for everyone ;)
no.

im not against a 2-world system but it would be too much to lose all the effort made into the cities and outlands towns

With the story you guys have been writing it looks like you need to end this saga. Start afresh. I have to agree with Vorsprung about the server being made all willy-nilly, it needs a ground structure that it doesn't have. It's a new era in Minecraft now anyway. Here are my observations, as a new-comer, on what people want:

Economy
PVP
To do their own thing
To build to restrictions
To build what they want
To have factions
To have power
People not to have power
To role play
To not role play
NO GRIEF!

Looks like we need to vote.

Do you guys believe me when I say I have master-minded 1 map that has all of the above? Did I mention it requires no plug-ins? Also I failed to say that factions will be harmless and not presided over by the wills of the power hungry? Some of you may have seen it, but I have revamped it according to everything that I have been reading from everyone. I will post it once more, but please don't fucking troll it.

no.

im not against a 2-world system but it would be too much to lose all the effort made into the cities and outlands towns

hawk. answer me this. were you there for firethorn? were you there when we had fun? not just you? were you there when there was no group of people that had more power then others? were you there where everyone had equal power and all had fun. i dont believe you were cause if you were you would know this is not the way team9000 should be, if anything i think we should ditch the cities have 1 unlimited whitelist world and 1 non whitelisted. All that "work" we have done all the work the team9000 community has done means nothing. there just blocks. to me it used to be fun, to you its all about blocks. All i want and all we need is fun. if your so worried about work being gone then you definitely weren't there for firethron. 3 months of building gone. and honestly we didnt care, nobody left team9000 cause of it because we had fun doing it, not this bullshit power system. The cydonia empire is just a pile of bullshit just waiting to be stepped in. i would love the old team9000

rsmv2you said:
hawk. answer me this. were you there for firethorn? were you there when we had fun? not just you? were you there when there was no group of people that had more power then others? were you there where everyone had equal power and all had fun. i dont believe you were cause if you were you would know this is not the way team9000 should be, if anything i think we should ditch the cities have 1 unlimited whitelist world and 1 non whitelisted. All that "work" we have done all the work the team9000 community has done means nothing. there just blocks. to me it used to be fun, to you its all about blocks. All i want and all we need is fun. if your so worried about work being gone then you definitely weren't there for firethron. 3 months of building gone. and honestly we didnt care, nobody left team9000 cause of it because we had fun doing it, not this bullshit power system. The cydonia empire is just a pile of bullshit just waiting to be stepped in. i want firethorn the old team9000.
I remember when the server used to be fun, now everything's gone to utter crap; I think Team9000 should restart the entire map and try again, so we could have a chance at fun again.

I agree with rsmv (except his opinion about CE, ghehe) (no, i wasn't active during firethorn thingy days)
take a look at classic: people build something > it gets "deleted" > people just build something else.
why? because they have had their fun by building it, they don't use it anymore and just leave it.
World is full > gets deleted

another example: Oxytown...
do i have to say more?
if you want to keep it for memories, make screens or a video.

now im gonna play some beta B)

LOL this is going to be funny

I was active during firethorn and I think that oxytown was just as fun (before the whitelisting, end of pvp, city boundaries etc...)

This thread reminds me of a High School Reunion where nobody actually cares about eachother.
You guys need to stop being so gloomy at the face of change. The Team9000 that you guys played with in Firethorn, Oxytown etc IS NOT the same Team9000 as it is today. And the noobs that used to make you guys feel superior are all gone because of YOUR game play. Get over it boys and look to the future. And remember that the tastes of others may not coincide with your own so a world should be created to cater for all of those tastes.

Honestly is it worth squabbling among yourselfs to see who had the most fun and who is the most pissed off?

hawk. answer me this. were you there for firethorn? were you there when we had fun? not just you? were you there when there was no group of people that had more power then others? were you there where everyone had equal power and all had fun. i dont believe you were cause if you were you would know this is not the way team9000 should be, if anything i think we should ditch the cities have 1 unlimited whitelist world and 1 non whitelisted. All that "work" we have done all the work the team9000 community has done means nothing. there just blocks. to me it used to be fun, to you its all about blocks. All i want and all we need is fun. if your so worried about work being gone then you definitely weren't there for firethron. 3 months of building gone. and honestly we didnt care, nobody left team9000 cause of it because we had fun doing it, not this bullshit power system. The cydonia empire is just a pile of bullshit just waiting to be stepped in. i would love the old team9000

I'm sorry, but this argument looks more like "Hai, I'm better than you."

I guess. Look, the first thing that is needed is a clear goal as to what Team9000 in the future should be. That way, we can navigate and incorporate all the ideas people are coming up with.
Some people like the 'old fashioned Team9k'.
Some people like the empires.
Some people want a whitelist.
Some don't, some people just want to have an unlimited Outlands.

The point is, if we know what we WANT to do, we can shape our new ideas and plans around the existing mainframe. Those who want to keep the Cydonian Empire and the whitelisted cities can. Those who want a fresh start, can have that in another way.

I TOLD PEOPLE WE NEEDED A FREEBUILD CITY AFTER EP, BUT THEY WOULDN'T LISTEN, WOULDN't listen, wouldn't listen
And then we had Elm Creek.

We needed a town where all the people who didn't want to follow the theme went to build all their boxes to, and i voiced this multiple times before the next city even opened.

SO DID I! EC was supposed to be freebuild. Then you let these so called "committees" change the rules. So... outlands it is.

yeah t9k got a little boring and the rules, requirements, factions etc... became too much crap for me to enjoy myself... So me and arqus made our own peaceful freebuild server and its going just fine :D I still remember back when I joined and it was only oxytown and outlands... ah memories.

Back