• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Those Things in Gaming.......(Snipers)

I also want to add that your argument of auto-aims in any CoD game is limited only to consoles and that PC gamers don't get that auto-aim. If you're pissed off with a fucking cock suckingly gay feature like auto-aim, you should put down that controller and pick up a mouse instead. And as mentioned multiple times before, honestly, all I see is someone who doesn't know how to play as a sniper trying to condemn it. Don't hate what you don't have. Keep an open mind.

@kingjok3r Yeah, I've found quite a lot of FPS with bullet drop but very few that also factor in wind and bullet travel time. If you remember the Zakhaev assassination mission in the first Modern Warfare, that's kind of what I had in mind. Although with not so much extreme and frequently changing wind.

In other news, Mikey's on the deathlist. Which should actually scare him because I'm probably the one person on T9k with the best ability to knock down his front door and lobotomize him with a spoon.

I am a sniper on CoD sometimes, but I don't quickscope. I do, however, sit in a corner and blow peoples heads off with a single, percise shot. when I'm not sniping (which is most of the time), I'm running around with a machine gun, blowin peoples heads off.

Also, there's still Bad Company 2 players? I'm in. I'll play it.

I'm sure the creators of such games had a tactical advantage in mind for those who chose sniper, but I do agree that people have abused a snipers potential. Going for nothing but kills and not helping your team at all is just wrong.

I myself likew to quickscope. There is nothing wrong with it. I usually either break even on my K/D ratio, or have more deaths than kills. With machine guns, shotguns, etc, I almost always have more kills that deaths. The quickscoper only has one, maybe 2 shots to kill you with. If they miss the first shot, which they usually do, you have a good 2-3 seconds to shoot at them. I don't think quickscoping is bad at all.

Something I forgot to add: Just because I hate snipers, does NOT mean I am unable to snipe. Now, any of you experienced snipers would probably shit on me in a 1 v 1 sniper duel, because I'm a shotgunner at heart. With a sniper rifle, I usually pull an average score.

All you ever do is complain. #Wham'.

But lettuce be cereal, snipers do have their place. If played correctly they can defend points and help push forward, almost always playing a solid support role.

Snipers are fine, if played correctly and strategically with their team they can be a game changer. The people I hate are the annoying kids who claim you're a noob because you "hardscope" with the sniper rifle and then proceed to tell you that if you don't "quickscope" you're not using a sniper properly, completely missing the point of the class in the first place.

I carry my team with sniper rifles in any game. I do best on sniper missions. + Sniper is all I use on TF2 because everything else is annoying for me to use.

I haven't read all the comments yet, so maybe this is said already, but whatever. I don't play battlefield. I don't play CoD. I do play tf2. Sniper there ARE usefull. Killing people is useful for your team. Why? Well, lets say your team has 8 persons, and theirs has 9. If everyones skills were equal, if both teams had nearly the same people (scout/soldier/pyro etc.) you would've lost because you had less people. With 1 or 2 snipers you could've won. Why? Well, they can kill people fast, so they cant harm your team. If they have to wait 15 sec to respawn, and they can kill 1/2 other guys in that time, you would have more people to push the cart/capture the point/eat sandviches.

Also, they come with jarates, that make your weapons more powered. Those jarates can save your life when you are burning, too.

Back