Truck design contest.

Expert design choices explained:
Excide Car Design.png

Rem is gonna win anyway, but I'm just gonna post it here anyways since it was pretty fun to do.
Scheme1.png

'Fresh' color scheme.
Scheme2.png

'I dont even know' color scheme
Scheme3.png

'A friend suggested this' color scheme
[collapse=Now with more shine!]
Scheme1s.png

Scheme2s.png

Scheme3s.png

[/collapse]
[collapse=Epic step by step photoshop swag]
Step 1: Use quick mask to 'tape' off the areas I dont want painted
step1.png

Step 2: Apply a black layer with a mask as a clipping mask to the car at 90% oppacity
And check for flaws in my quick mask.
step2.png

Step 3: cut the mask in half to get multi tone paint, and then find the right colors. (I am terrible at color matching, so I used this, but it still looks like someone just put 2 portals on the car).
Also, I set the layers to 70% percent opacity and then used Hue/Saturation to double the saturation to not make the colors look washed out but still fit the contours of the car. I have no idea how rem got this to work so well.
step3.png

[/collapse]

Rem is gonna win anyway, but I'm just gonna post it here anyways since it was pretty fun to do.
View attachment 138515
'Fresh' color scheme.
View attachment 138516
View attachment 138521
View attachment 138517
Step 2: Apply a black layer with a mask as a clipping mask to the car at 90% oppacity
View attachment 138518
Step 3: cut the mask in half to get multi tone paint, and then find the right colors. (I am terrible at color matching, so I used this, but it still looks like someone just put 2 portals on the car).
Also, I set the layers to 70% percent opacity and then used Hue/Saturation to double the saturation to not make the colors look washed out but still fit the contours of the car. I have no idea how rem got this to work so well.
View attachment 138520
[/collapse]
Two Ma'Lord
(Which happens to pretty much be a much less shiny version of Rem's)

View attachment 138515
'Fresh' color scheme.
View attachment 138516
View attachment 138521
View attachment 138517
View attachment 138518
View attachment 138520
[/collapse]
The purple yellow one would be mine if I had a truck. I've always liked those two colors together for some reason.

View attachment 138515
'Fresh' color scheme.
View attachment 138516
View attachment 138521
View attachment 138517
View attachment 138518
View attachment 138520
[/collapse]
oh lol, that's cause you actually know how to do stuff on photoshop
what i'm doing is pretty much an easy way trough ;D
just make new layer use pen tool to cut in epic paint job, turn into selection fill in with colour, turn layer mode into overlay
since overlay makes the colors washed out (see 1st two pics), apply new layer of black (gotta cut the car out again) then just cut out parts that are too dark :D
and now I lose :D

oh lol, that's cause you actually know how to do stuff on photoshop
what i'm doing is pretty much an easy way trough ;D
just make new layer use pen tool to cut in epic paint job, turn into selection fill in with colour, turn layer mode into overlay
since overlay makes the colors washed out (see 1st two pics), apply new layer of black (gotta cut the car out again) then just cut out parts that are too dark :D
and now I lose :D
Haha fool, you revealed your secrets to me >:'D

Back